washington oregon air gun clubs, groups , activities

thanks bud! I looked it up. looks awesome! I'm a brand new member. I shoot steel off hand with a 357 impact with pump action. I would like to start an action shooting cqb type air gun competition/club. But I'm also interested in more traditional shooting. As soon as i get 10 posts I'm gonna put another 357 impact I have in the classifieds. thank you again for response

Hello, I'm just gonna repost my response to another post regarding clubs in Vancouver / Portland areas.

------------

Hello! I am a dealer for Air Venturi (Ohio) and Predator / JSB (Colorado). I just moved to Vancouver from Salem, Oregon. I sell online, and have some inventory locally in Vancouver, mostly pellets and small items.

Also interested in locating other air gunners or clubs. Would like to open a retail location but not sure it's feasible for paying the rent & making money.

For now, I'm doing about $10-12k monthly sales on eBay, which means I'm making about $750-1,000 per month. Pretty low margins on the guns, better margins on the pellets. Not enough to pay rent anywhere (yet).

I also have a Ghost Gunner and am looking to get my FFL, open a gun shop perhaps, that could sustain the rent, in addition to other products.

I don't want to seem like I'm polluting the discussion for the sake of advertising my own business / side-hustle, so I don't want to give that impression.

We all have bills to pay, and for now it's just a bedroom-level operation, with drop shipping from Air Venturi in Ohio. I drive for rideshare & delivery companies, and my fiance works full-time.

If you bought a Hatsan Blitz from me for $999.99 on eBay, then I would pay about $805 for the gun, including shipping from Ohio to your home. eBay takes about $125 in fees, and I make about $70. Return on investment from $805 is about 8.6%. Luckily, I'm able to donate the eBay fees to Shriner's and other charities, but online sales are not very profitable, so growth is slow. With 8.6% returns on drop-shipping, I keep low inventory out here in Vancouver. Other drop shipped items sometimes are closer to 15%, but Air Venturi is also raising their prices due to inflation, so margins are shrinking.

Long term growth will have to be sustained via local retail store or some sort of air gun community. It's nice that we can donate to charity, but it makes it hard to compete with Amazon for certain products. On the other hand, I have an advantage for other products, which aren't available on Amazon.

In the future, I'd like to run a co-op with many vendors, essentially a year-round farmers' market. Would sell locally grown food or other craft items – jewelry, lotion, soap, cheese, etc, and of course, guns. Lots of guns.

Excited to join AGN & check out the site, meet people, and eventually buy my own PCP.

Cheers!