Water oil separator’s with Gxcs4 will this setup work

Well guys what do you think? I have bad humidity where I’m at so I’m hoping the GX cs4 will be a strong enough compressor to run this setup. If anyone has experience with these 3 as a setup please let me know how it’s working.

I still have to install a 2,000 psi pressure maintaining valve at the top of top gold cylinder bc I’m told these systems don’t start getting moisture out of the system until the units are under about 1,800 psi?
Anyone know much about this I’m just learning. Thanks for any advice.

image.jpg

It will slow fill times but it should work 👍. I have read the same thing you speak of. For best filtration the air need to pressurize before it starts flowing into the gun. Otherwise the first bit of air will just rush past the media and not filter well. Please post up where you find this 2000 psi valve for the top. I’m interested in one as well.

Reactions: Bigbuckairgunner39
It will slow fill times but it should work 👍. I have read the same thing you speak of. For best filtration the air need to pressurize before it starts flowing into the gun. Otherwise the first bit of air will just rush past the media and not filter well. Please post up where you find thist 2000 psi valve for the top. I’m interested hin one as well.
Nuvair Is the name of the company. Guy was super helpful as well and if you want fill hoses/ pressure relief valvalves they have all of that, airtanksplus seems to have high quality parts as well. Both places may have products on the high side but I kind of feel like we shouldn’t cheat ourselves here or it will cost us more in the long run.
If anyone else has places with quality parts I’d like to hear where yall go for this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Was it something like this?? If so how do you plan to connect it to the top filter ?

Hello everyone
This is me, hoping that someone will prove what I’m about to say wrong
But in my opinion, I just do not see how this back pressure valve will work properly when filling guns.
visualize this scenario, please:
The back pressure regulator is placed between the filter and the gun
The regulator is set at 2000 psi and the gun currently contains 1000 psi
The compressor fills the filter to the point of 2000 psi and the filter releases air into the gun
The moment that happens, the pressure in the filter drops below 2000 psi and shuts off air to the gun
In my opinion, this will happen over and over and over again, taking forever to get 2000 psi in the gun
Oh, pleease someone
Prove me wrong
Ireally would like to see this system work as intended by the OP

Last edited:
Reactions: Air King
Hello everyone
But in my opinion, I just do not see how this back pressure valve will work properly when filling guns.
The compressor fills the filter to the point of 2000 psi and the filter releases air into the gun
The moment that happens, the pressure in the filter drops below 2000 psi and shuts off air to the gun
In my opinion, this will happen over and over and over again, taking forever to get 2000 psi in the gun
Oh, pleease someone
Prove me wrong
You know I never thought of that but I think you are correct. I will say I always fill my guns well above 2k probably 2500 so it wouldn’t affect me. The other thing I was thinking is how much is this really increasing the effectiveness in my case? If I refill at 2500 psi the air is trapped in that filter and slowed or back logged until 2500 psi is reached anyway and the gun starts filling. I guess I would have less effectively filtered air in the whip between the filter and gun but that’s it. I’m not sure this is worth the 100 some extra dollars unless you run your guns way down on pressure before filling up.

Reactions: MrP
Was it something like this?? If so how do you plan to connect it to the top filter ?

This is the piece guys think this is what we need!
caution says only bleed air from your compressor bleed valve or condensate bleed.
supposedly if you bleed air at gun or at tank you may damage the (PMV) and have to fix it.
let me know if anyone has experience with all of this please

IMG_3700.png

Hello everyone
Oh, pleease someone
Prove me wrong
No sir please call me I’ll explain 352 740 3952

I don’t think your thinking once filter reaches pressure and that motor is still pushing more air as the filter lets the pressurized air get through that valve.

once everything comes in I’ll post on it.
I’m no pro I‘ve just been reading my ass off about it and Joe Broncato does a good job of explaining this. I wish someone like Ted could break this down for us he has a way of explaining things but so far we’re left to figure this out on our own because lot guys I’m seeing running the filters with no pmv (according to some). The filter isn’t initially working until it’s pressurized without that valve moisture has already entered you gun at this point if you live in a humid state like I do.

IMG_3700.png

Last edited:
No sir please call me I’ll explain 352 740 3952
As the compressor is pumping it’s pushing out everything over 1,900 psi but being the filter is keeping 1899psi and below as the compressor is pumping it’s continuously pushing air every time that compression is happening once the initial pressure is met

Reactions: Trucker3573
What you say makes sense @Bigbucksairgunner
each pulse of the compressor takes the diaphragm of the valve over 2000 psi and allows air through
Does Joe Brancato market a similar device?
I did not see one on his website
Yes sir his is called the alpha inline filter it’s 399$ on his site but he explains the details of why the pressure is needed for any molecular sieve units! But I was also posting all this hoping for guidance from other more experienced air gunners as I’m semi new to this but I’ve spent some hours trying to study the subject bc I don’t want to ruin the 5k I’ve got in the guns hell I’ve owned them 4 months now and only shot them on 2 different occasions bc of wanting to get this right first!

Yes sir his is called the alpha inline filter it’s 399$ on his site but he explains the details of why the pressure is needed for any molecular sieve units! But I was also posting all this hoping for guidance from other more experienced air gunners as I’m semi new to this but I’ve spent some hours trying to study the subject bc I don’t want to ruin the 5k I’ve got in the guns hell I’ve owned them 4 months now and only shot them on 2 different occasions bc of wanting to get this right first!
It seems to be that doing a DIY set up would mean, acquiring the Vertical Filter, NUVAIR valve , and pressure rated fittings including adapters from 1/2“ npt to 1/8“ for the NUVAIR
That’s probably going to cost close to $300
Add to that the cost of worrying that it’s working properly
If it were my decision I would consider Joe Brancato’s ALPHA a bargain

No intention of being snide or dismissive
I hope there is no offense taken
Edward

Last edited:
You know I never thought of that but I think you are correct. I will say I always fill my guns well above 2k probably 2500 so it wouldn’t affect me. The other thing I was thinking is how much is this really increasing the effectiveness in my case? If I refill at 2500 psi the air is trapped in that filter and slowed or back logged until 2500 psi is reached anyway and the gun starts filling. I guess I would have less effectively filtered air in the whip between the filter and gun but that’s it. I’m not sure this is worth the 100 some extra dollars unless you run your guns way down on pressure before filling up.
That's an interesting point - literally just a fill-whip's worth.

One other thing… My CS4 is doing a heck of a job keeping moisture and oil / residue out of the air going into the gun.

I have repeatedly been refilling a guppy tank at very high humidity with a medium sized cartridge type inline filter. What is surprising is that the filter/tampon at the inlet end of the device is not getting wet or showing any signs of oil residue or anything. I opened it up figuring it was time to replace something in there since I'm getting close to about six hours on the compressor but it's clean and dry. Maybe it's because I'm just topping off a 1.6 L guppy tank from 3500 back up to 4500 psi and not enough air / temp change is involved to cause condensation?

I'm just surprised and feel like I should just forget the cartridge and fill my gun directly off the CS4 since that takes a fraction of the time needed to fill the guppy and even less heat and air is involved.

At some point I'll have to check and see if there's any sign of moisture in the air cylinder of the gun I fill most often.

Crazy though - I thought I was going to be managing some significant amount of moisture

By your analogy here that does make sense heck I never shoot the guns under 2k so your right if whip from filter to tank or gun is all we really would be worried about and with a cotton tampon filter right before said filling item gun/tank imagine that cotton would catch that very small amount heck now I’m lost too lol

Last edited:
It seems to be that doing a DIY set up would mean, acquiring the Vertical Filter, NUVAIR valve , and pressure rated fittings including adapters from 1/2“ npt to 1/8“ for the NUVAIR
That’s probably going to cost close to $300
Add to that the cost of worrying that it’s working properly
If it were my decision I would consider Joe Brancato’s ALPHA a bargain

No intention of being snide or dismissive
I hope there is no offense taken
Edward
No definitely not brother but I buy from auctions and got both them filters still sealed in box for 50$. For both so although you do definitely have me thinking but I was trying to accomplish same results for less but think you have a valid point at least I know his is already ready to go!

Reactions: SilentSquirrel