Other Webley MK1

any one have an idea what a fair price would be ? i see one at the gun shows (same guy ) but i think he is asking too much $$
ab234c8b626083a91131ee9f7bb9f5a1.jpg

any one have an idea what a fair price would be ? i see one at the gun shows (same guy ) but i think he is asking too much $$View attachment 378466
that looks a lot like a Webley tempest I had years ago.. I just saw one at AOA for I think $250.. and was tempted, but with carpal tunnel I don't think it would work loading 177 pellets for me..
they don't make em like they used to..
Mark

Is it functional?

This is a break-barrel springer with a leather piston washer and adjustable trigger. It began production in 1924. The batch number should be stamped on the front end of the cylinder. A 120 degree slanted grip became available as an option in the post WWII models. The symbol stamped on the grip is a pellet with wings.

As of 2021:

"As a very rough guide, post-World War II unboxed Juniors start at around £85 for a decent example, up to about £190. Good Mk1, Senior and early Premier models start around £160 ($200) and rise to about £350 ($400) for a mint, boxed specimen."

that looks a lot like a Webley tempest I had years ago.. I just saw one at AOA for I think $250.. and was tempted, but with carpal tunnel I don't think it would work loading 177 pellets for me..
they don't make em like they used to..
Mark
Try a Pellet pen, use tweezers to load the pen.

Better than any physical therapist I have encountered, here are the two online resources that have been most helpful.
Upright Health on YouTube and these stretches: https://midlifeguitar.com/best-stretching-exercises/

Golden paste made with fresh turmeric will reduce the inflammation. There are plenty of recipes on the Net.

Hope this helps and puts a Tempest in your collection.

Try a Pellet pen, use tweezers to load the pen.

Better than any physical therapist I have encountered, here are the two online resources that have been most helpful.
Upright Health on YouTube and these stretches: https://midlifeguitar.com/best-stretching-exercises/

Golden paste made with fresh turmeric will reduce the inflammation. There are plenty of recipes on the Net.

Hope this helps and puts a Tempest in your collection.
well thank you for the information.. unfortunately I have carpal tunnel and it's not the usual cause.. I am hypothyroid and I am one of few who are allergic to the levothyroxine medicine, so basically I am untreated hypothyroid.. that causes nerves to break down like ms and other things.. if your body doesn't have enough hormones it slows down the metabolism, so I am cold under 80 and overheated at 100.. I have the same problem with tweezers.. I tried using a pair yesterday and I was having a hard time just with tweezers before I tried to use them.. writing same thing.. I can't feel the pencil after a couple minutes and I actually use the largest pen with a rubber grip..
I don't have much of any feeling below the waist.. it's actually handy.. forget to take the hitch out of the back of the truck and walk around and hit your shin🤔 I don't notice anything and don't miss the next step.. but I'm thankful for everyday I wake up.. 2017? I think it was that oshu hospital gave me 6 months if they couldn't get me some kind of levothyroxine.. 6 months is long ago.. I'm expired.. but I just do my best each day.. and always be thankful for whatever good happens to you.. be nice to others, never know what they are going through.. been there done that.. so every day is a good day even if you don't feel like it..
Mark