Webley Senior breech seal

As a follow-up to this thread, I finally got around to addressing replacing the breech seal on the pistol. in all honesty I hate to admit that once I received the part and tore down the gun for a good cleaning did I discover there was no seal in the darn thing... not even a hint of one. When I first received the gun it had very low power which I figured might be because of a broken main spring and perhaps a worn out breech seal. After receiving the replacement parts I opened the action up I discovered the main spring was in excellent condition as well as the piston and its split ring. After donning a jewelers loupe and probing around the breech with a dental pick I was relatively certain all I needed was a new seal. I lubricated the spring and piston and reassembled the gun. Installation of the new seal was the biggest challenge but with a fair amount of determination I got it in. The good news is there isn't a thing wrong with this ole gem... what an excellent little pistol this bad boy is. It's built like a Sherman Tank.

DSCN0376.JPG

DSCN0377.JPG

They are extremely fine. Forget the Premier, this is the gun.
The breech seal is meant to go in counterintuitively the square face inward and the slight radius facing the barrel.
The phosphor bronze piston ring can last forever. Simply lube with 2 stroke motor oil.
I have had Seniors running 500 fps but no other webley over lever pistol gets as close…its to do with the volume the piston ring allows.
The disadvantage of the Senior is that ring needs constant lubrication but you can do that.
If you need any advice just ask….ive had many and tuned too many to remember.