Webley Senior Information

• Thread starter Deleted member 59388
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 59388

I am new to this forum, so please forgive any indiscretions. I recently acquired a Webley Senior .22 (slant grip) in excellent condition. It appears mechanically sound, it cocks and fires smoothly, trigger pull is light and smooth and breaks cleanly. The barrel is mirror bright. The breach seal appears original or at least OEM and in good condition, from what I have recently learned, being black with the brass ring in the middle. in good condition. There appears to be a bit of leakage on firing...enough to lightly displace a piece of toilet paper laid over the breach when firing. The exterior finish is excellent, with no dings or scratches. Blueing is excellent, with a few very minor rust blemishes but no pitting. Screws are perfect.
The visible parts of the piston are clean and rust-free. The cocking mechanical mechanism is in good condition. I have two sets of grips, one red and one black. The red set is in good condition except for small chipping at the bottom back of both grips near the locator pins, but the grips are secure. The black set is in very good condition except for a very small chip out of the top back point of the left side grip.

I am interested in the value of this gun. ***** CLASSIFIED AD REMOVED**** Unfortunately, I am unable to post pictures here, but can provide pictures by email or text. As I find these forums to be difficult to use for communication, I would appreciate any assistance by email if that is possible. I will try to monitor this site for responses as well. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Airgun Nation. We are happy to have you as a member. First thing one must do is to read the RULES of the forum.

Posting FOR SALE items in the General forums is not allowed, and to gain access to the CLASSIFIED section, one must have 10 (ten) posts and pass a probationary period.

Please adhere to the rules and enjoy your time with us on Airgun Nation (AGN)

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. Can you please advise on my next steps to ask my question properly. Can I just edit out the phrases about any intent to sell? It can be difficult to communicate in a forum, with so many options and interconnections. Little is "user friendly"...especially for old guys.

The grips always crack at the bottom because your palm puts pressure on that part. Reproduction grips are available from Knibbs (airgunspares) in the UK, fit them on your pistol & keep the originals safe. Most seals, springs etc. also available from Knibbs. For a value hop onto eBay, search Webley Pistol, then look at the history filter of guns sold. Most folk post them with a starting value of $500 or more, which they rarely sell for. Some folk buy reproduction boxes from Protek, then fake up some "original paperwork" as well. They trick some buyers like this, collectors don't fall for it.
Great book if you want to start collecting these:

Webley Air Pistols: Their History and Development by Gordon Bruce​