HW/Weihrauch Weihrauch HW45

I love shooting this HW 45
IMG_4366.jpeg

This one is in another thread somewhere. I wanted the black version, but I bought this a couple of years ago, when all of the models were difficult to come by. When Airguns of America came up with the bronze ones for sale, I figured if I wanted one, I'd better get a bronze one rather than wait for a black one.
Seems that it's a good thing that I did.

1726032624326.jpeg

Mike

This one is in another thread somewhere. I wanted the black version, but I bought this a couple of years ago, when all of the models were difficult to come by. When Airguns of America came up with the bronze ones for sale, I figured if I wanted one, I'd better get a bronze one rather than wait for a black one.
Seems that it's a good thing that I did.

View attachment 495287

Mike
Very nice,!

Reactions: Bandito and MikeVV
Is the HW45 harder to cock than a HW75?
I'm in my 70s and can still cock my HW75 fairly easily.
I'd like to try a HW45.
I cock my HW45 by breaking it over my knee, makes it easier.,There are two power settings depending on whether you cock it halfway or all the way. It does have a kick to it that’s reminiscent of a 22lr.
I can’t compare it to a HW75, as I only have a HW45.

Is the HW45 harder to cock than a HW75?
I'm in my 70s and can still cock my HW75 fairly easily.
I'd like to try a HW45.
The 45 is easier to cock than the 75 as you are pulling apart the barrel housing from the body of the gun, opposed to pushing together the housing and the body under ever increasing pressure, causing some slight concern of trapping something during the final closing unlike the complete safety of opening the 45 toward open space.

Nice looking grips! I might have to look into their catalog …
I have the stock grips on my 45 Black Star. They are very ergonomic. I have heard that the regular HW45 grips are the same as the 1911 so Hogue would be a great place to start.

I purchased Rinke grips for my IZH-46M and really like them. Very hard to find left handed Izzy grips. They make great stuff.

IMG_1869.jpeg

Can testify to the improvement in accuracy that the Pachy grips make on these (if you can find them) but this is in spite of the very minimal thumb shelf that they offer.
Despite being much smaller than thumb shelfs on anatomical grips, it's just enough to meter the location of the thumb positioning, giving a repeatable hold position. So vital with recoiling guns. The finger groove versions do a similar job (also on the Tempest) enforcing where the fingers must go each time instead of guess work when using the OEM grips..
Even with good, well practised technique, the 45s OEM grip means my hand hold can vary ever so slightly in its positioning.
Some have said helps deaden recoil a touch. ...maybe not so much.

Reactions: Bandito
I have the stock grips on my 45 Black Star. They are very ergonomic. I have heard that the regular HW45 grips are the same as the 1911 so Hogue would be a great place to start.

I purchased Rinke grips for my IZH-46M and really like them. Very hard to find left handed Izzy grips. They make great stuff.

View attachment 497348
I like those Rink grips. I have a set on my AV 46m. The red/black laminate started splitting off in places so replaced them. Never liked the look anyway. I did pick up a IZH 46M also, and rather extensively modified them to fit my hand, rounding off some of the more square edges and creating some of the finger groves. Took several weeks of trial and error and removing a little bit of wood at a time, knowing I could never put it back. They actually feel better than the Rink grips.

Reactions: Bandito