• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Well I found one.....

Jerry, I'm the same when it comes to setting your gun and leaving it, I usually do. How I'll be using this Short will be nice having a 30fpe tune and lower tune for close up in areas where it might be too much. Being a night time gun I might use lower power more than I think. My Long is set and never gonna change. I think the Standard is that Goldilocks if you want just one. My Long is setup for longer ranges so I don't mind the weight.
I can definitely see the advantage in different circumstances. Just this morning I had a ground squirrel in a tube trap (usually this trap kills them), went up to the shop and got a low powered pellet gun to dispatch it with... so that I wouldn't damage my trap.

Reactions: Dairyboy
My .177 shorty is one that I'll never get rid of . It really likes the 10gr + pellets but also does well with CHPs . It has a great shot count and at 6.5lbs it's right there with other compacts. It's harder to get ragged hole groups at 50y than my .22 Standard is . But it does splatter pellets at 50y on steel with a nice pop and it's fun to shoot . With it turned down to 18 fpe it has plenty for dealing with pests . Fun, handy , smooth, robust , accurate 👌

I would mind having a .22 cal compact also. Congrats !

20240413_143130.jpg
20240404_154315.jpg

This target at 27y shows its accuracy better with 10.65gr Baracudas. If i wait for the wind to pause. 5 shot groups.

View attachment 468967
That's great! I had a .177 standard before and shot really well. I'm just a .22 guy. Mine has surprised me though. I wanted to shoot it the day I got it just to test and see how it did. Threw on my 4-16x44 Arken LH4 from my .22lr and was windy but just wanted to see. This is 2 10 shot groups at 42ish yards. I was very shocked with groups this nice in the 15mph+ winds I was shooting. Cant wait to get my Zulus for it.
20240601_214202.jpg