• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Taipan Well well... it does like pellets....

I took my Taipan tactical out to the range for some 100 yard shooting. Remembered that a bought some AEA pellets and thought well shoot 10 forget about it. Well to my surprise this slug gun loves the AEA 25.3 25 cal. Shooting them very hot I know over 1000fps but still for some reason those pellets like shooting fast. 5 shot group at a 100 yards....wind was 5-10 mph....
IMG20240618145640.jpg
IMG20240618145429.jpg
IMG20240618145440.jpg

Very nice.
Something like that i dont think happen in " my " caliber, even if you also cut a little off the distance.
At least that is my feeling from having tried pellets a little when i some times have run out of slugs, but at range ( say 80 ) well not so much luck, but 50 M or Yards if you like and it is not bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud-sc
I took my Taipan tactical out to the range for some 100 yard shooting. Remembered that a bought some AEA pellets and thought well shoot 10 forget about it. Well to my surprise this slug gun loves the AEA 25.3 25 cal. Shooting them very hot I know over 1000fps but still for some reason those pellets like shooting fast. 5 shot group at a 100 yards....wind was 5-10 mph....View attachment 474428View attachment 474430View attachment 474431
Whats the barrel length on that gun, looks quiet

So that's how an un-choked barrel does with the right pellets. I wonder why the bench shooters don't use the V2s or V1s in competition ?

I say the same thing they are very very underrated guns...

Not benchrested but I used my 1st Gen Vet Long to shoot the Extreme Field Target match at EBR in 2022 and placed high enough to win some money. 3rd I think. Tied with Nikolai Boldov and the tie went to me b/c I'd hit more of the standing bipod shots than he did.

VERY underrated guns. Although with the first gen, at least some of that was power output, at least in .22. In OEM form the first gen just couldn't quite push a Monster RD to their most effective speeds.

Amazing 100 yard group in your post!!! Great shooting.

Last edited: