• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Western Airguns Sidewinder

Hi received email from AofA asking when Sidewinders are coming in, Reply from AofA: The official launch will be next Wednesday the 15th and we will start calling customers with deposits next Thursday and/or Friday.

Happy buying my fellow airgun enthusiasts

Thanks, I can't wait to watch reviews on youtube. I'll probably wait until end of the summer before I pull the trigger though, early batches can be flawed...

Like @DevilsLuck said.

I picked the 357 Rattler because neither LCS nor Sidewinder come in .357.

I weighed these Rattler VS - Sidewinder

Length 40" vs 35"

Barrel 28" vs 23"

Weight 9lb vs 8lb

FPE 170fpe vs 90fpe

Mag 17shot non removable vs 12shot removable

There were other differences but none that I factored in on MY decision. YMMV

Hi received email from AofA asking when Sidewinders are coming in, Reply from AofA: The official launch will be next Wednesday the 15th and we will start calling customers with deposits next Thursday and/or Friday.
Happy buying my fellow airgun enthusiasts
My phone never rang yesterday. Anybody out there get the call? Maybe today, is the day..?

ok so i received email notification from Fox Airpower that the sidewinder was in stock so i ordered one from them
have to cancel out my preorder for AofA
Let us know when you get your Sidewinder. It’s possible but I doubt they’re shipping to 3rd parties before their central distribution point. Did Fox say, “yes we have them in hand, not the tracking number for the package”

Let us know when you get your Sidewinder. It’s possible but I doubt they’re shipping to 3rd parties before their central distribution point. Did Fox say, “yes we have them in hand, not the tracking number for the package”
ok will do, my theory, western allotment to AofA sold out, and Fox airpower got their allotment (nobody knew they were selling them), maybe a smaller lot but, so i see available not preorder and pulled the trigger. ill follow up and let you guys know whenever i hear something

Last edited:
I think it’s a matter of finding the right slugs. I’m guessing slugs that have a good length of contact with the barrel walls will do well (aka NOT FX hybrids or lighter NSAs (in relation to caliber of course). Also as mentioned In another thread I think the TJ .30 isn’t precisely .300.
Anything that isn’t getting pushed into the barrel mechanically from a mag needs to have good stabilizing contact with the walls otherwise when it gets shot from the titanium cylinder if it catches on the edge it’ll essentially rotate it and it’ll be sliding along the edge which would easily produce that shotgun patterning. I’ll bet a $2 bill that boat tails and round nose or conical nose with a good length of contact will perform like 🔥

I’m having a hard time imagining Western would’ve released it if it couldn’t shoot slugs. But who knows 🤷‍♂️

Something that looks like one of these
1676939590825.png

Or
1676939672082.jpeg

Or something shaped like the 110
1676939831765.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DevilsLuck
I think it’s a matter of finding the right slugs. I’m guessing slugs that have a good length of contact with the barrel walls will do well (aka NOT FX hybrids or lighter NSAs (in relation to caliber of course). Also as mentioned In another thread I think the TJ .30 isn’t precisely .300.
Anything that isn’t getting pushed into the barrel mechanically from a mag needs to have good stabilizing contact with the walls otherwise when it gets shot from the titanium cylinder if it catches on the edge it’ll essentially rotate it and it’ll be sliding along the edge which would easily produce that shotgun patterning. I’ll bet a $2 bill that boat tails and round nose or conical nose with a good length of contact will perform like 🔥

I’m having a hard time imagining Western would’ve released it if it couldn’t shoot slugs. But who knows 🤷‍♂️

Something that looks like one of these
View attachment 334015
Or
View attachment 334016
Or something shaped like the 110
View attachment 334017
I hope so.

Reactions: Bernie7