What .25 cal slugs to buy for target rings?

bigHUN

Jan 16, 2020
Canada/L4G7X4
.25 Superior Heavy x700, twist rate 1:18 and Superior x600 TR 1:24
Last year I shoot couple thousand ZAN's in 37gr, 41, 44, and 46, I was trying my tunes until figure for myself that the 34gr MK1 and MK2's performed better at 50 and 100 meters rings scoring. Not very much better but feels more consistent.
This next season I would give the slugs a last chance, but I would need to buy a new volume.
ZAN again, or any other Brand considerably better performance?

Last year I shoot couple thousand ZAN's in 37gr, 41, 44, and 46, I was trying my tunes until figure for myself that the 34gr MK1 and MK2's performed better at 50 and 100 meters rings scoring. Not very much better but feels more consistent.
This next season I would give the slugs a last chance, but I would need to buy a new volume.
BigHun,
I have had and still get GREAT performance out of both Zans and NSA slugs. My rigs are tuned for long range precision shooting and really perform with 36 to 52 grain slugs; best performance is with the 44 to 52 grns. I'm not sure how your rig is tuned, what's your fps, what your fps goal is, and what your rig really wants to do? There's a magic combination for every rig with a specific projectile at a certain FPS. And, that is directly impacted by the fitment of the projectile to the barrel. One of my rigs has a 1:18 barrel and it's a lazer with both the Zan and NSA slugs at 900+ fps; I normally tune to run 980+/_ on everything, it seems to be the most consistent out of that rig.

Reactions: bigHUN
My Impact is heavy (internal) modded, with a .25x700 liner a 44 gr could do >1000, 40 gr >1050, so the speed is not an issue.
I may not had invested enough time for barrel harmonic tuning, otherwise the Impact MK2 is a high performer. This why I said I would give it a last chance with slugs. But a precision and accuracy .... so far what I have seen the pellets perform better up to 100 meters.
I don't have many options in Canada finding heavy slugs at least 40 gr and up, all would involve me importing.

Contact Steve at AVS slugs about which slugs he found were good for that barrel liner. He may have a recommendation. Just give him the barrel specs and type and see what he comes up with.

Hi, Have enyone tried 26,5gr slugs. Are those useless? Miss clicked my order and now i have those 10 boxes in my local post office. :ROFLMAO:

Impact MK2/superior 700mm. Shoothing JSB king heavy mk2 at 870fps.

NSA 26.5 slugs shoot very nice from superior liners, just need a touch fine tuning and easy MOA at 100 yards.

@bigHUN : I have great results from 34.9 grain NSA, I don't really shoot them that fast between 900-960fps. Also easy MOA at 100 yards all day, just the other day I was little 1 inch spinners at 100 yards, 2 inch spinner are my sighters. Speed isn't everything and if you shoot slugs then keep your reg above 150 or don't bother.

I have one Superior .22x600 liner, converted it to my Leshiy2, I will remove to test with my MK2 shooting .22 slugs...
but
last night I was researching, Canada currently is running low with 30gr or higher, I found some leftovers but 0.218 in 40 gr.
I don't want to start resizing slugs (I am already resizing pellets)... need tools for that and $$
Anybody can say the 40gr 0.218 HN can work with Superior liner?

NSA 26.5 slugs shoot very nice from superior liners, just need a touch fine tuning and easy MOA at 100 yards.

@bigHUN : I have great results from 34.9 grain NSA, I don't really shoot them that fast between 900-960fps. Also easy MOA at 100 yards all day, just the other day I was little 1 inch spinners at 100 yards, 2 inch spinner are my sighters. Speed isn't everything and if you shoot slugs then keep your reg above 150 or don't bother.
Any speed advice for 26.5?