What airguns or gear would you like to see in 2024?

I'd like to see
1) a small lightweight hand pump suitable for hiking with. Something that weighs under 2 pounds and can be stuffed in a daypack. Obviously there would have to be compromises to make it, but if we can make lightweight and powerful multipump pneumatics I'm sure someone can figure out how to make just the pump.
2) an AEG, (electric), bb gun with traditional styling for under $200. It should have a large capacity internal magazine and a dovetail or rail for optics. The electric drive really makes for an awesome plinker. Unlike CO2 you just plug in a rechargeable battery and shoot all day. Now they just need to make one that's affordable and I'd prefer a traditional layout. It just seems like they handle better for fast offhand plinking within 25 yards.
3) an inexpensive bugbuster scope. You simply can't get those things for $50 anymore or even close to it. It doesn't need the name, just decent quality, a rock bottom price, compact size and an objective that focuses down to 5 yards.

I’m a simple man. I’d love a new gun that isn’t decked out floor to ceiling in tact-i-cool furniture. I feel like I’m missing out on some great products because I don’t care for that aesthetic. If someone put out a PCP with the capabilities of the Skouts, Westerns, RAWs or EdGuns—even in the same price range—but dressed up in some walnut and blued steel, I’d be the first in line. IMO, peak airgun style started and ended with Seneca and the old Shinsungs.

Speaking of which, I’d also love to see a new underlever from Seneca. Don’t know why they stopped making those.

I’m a simple man. I’d love a new gun that isn’t decked out floor to ceiling in tact-i-cool furniture. I feel like I’m missing out on some great products because I don’t care for that aesthetic. If someone put out a PCP with the capabilities of the Skouts, Westerns, RAWs or EdGuns—even in the same price range—but dressed up in some walnut and blued steel, I’d be the first in line. IMO, peak airgun style started and ended with Seneca and the old Shinsungs.

Speaking of which, I’d also love to see a new underlever from Seneca. Don’t know why they stopped making those.
Man, I'm with you!

I'd like to see
1) a small lightweight hand pump suitable for hiking with. Something that weighs under 2 pounds and can be stuffed in a daypack. Obviously there would have to be compromises to make it, but if we can make lightweight and powerful multipump pneumatics I'm sure someone can figure out how to make just the pump.
2) an AEG, (electric), bb gun with traditional styling for under $200. It should have a large capacity internal magazine and a dovetail or rail for optics. The electric drive really makes for an awesome plinker. Unlike CO2 you just plug in a rechargeable battery and shoot all day. Now they just need to make one that's affordable and I'd prefer a traditional layout. It just seems like they handle better for fast offhand plinking within 25 yards.
3) an inexpensive bugbuster scope. You simply can't get those things for $50 anymore or even close to it. It doesn't need the name, just decent quality, a rock bottom price, compact size and an objective that focuses down to 5 yards.
I like your idea of a small light compact portable hand pump...just to be able to get enough air in to keep shooting 👍.

Huben GK1 with 10cm longer tank and barrel and a 2-segment vertical pic rail on the back of the receiver for a folding stock. With removable Glock-compatible iron sights* and the provision for a low mounted/plate mounted red dot- ahead of the rear sight (and without having to remove the rear sight).
With the option for subscriber-style moderator but made of metal (the tall square one that doesn't break the lines). And with a magazine that that can handle loose slugs without jamming - smooth surfaces in front of it and behind it, and which can turn/cycle with heavy slugs.
* This is so that the rear sight can be changed; stock Glock sights would have a front post which is too narrow for a longer pistol with a different sight radius. But there could also be an extra dovetail position for installation of the rear sight on the shroud - this will make pistol iron sights more usable with a stock.

Last edited:

I mostly agree with you, but there are two tacticool features that I’m a big fan of, collapsible stocks and a single picatinny rail for optics mounting. I really like being able to collapse the stock and have the gun fit a younger or smaller shooter and it’s nice to have a nearly universal scope mount that really works well.

I suppose a fourth thing to put on the wish list might be a collapsible stock that doesn’t look like it belongs on an AR.

Huben GK1 with 10cm longer tank and barrel and a 2-segment vertical pic rail on the back of the receiver for a folding stock. With removable Glock-compatible iron sights* and the provision for a low mounted/plate mounted red dot- ahead of the rear sight (and without having to remove the rear sight).
With the option for subscriber-style moderator but made of metal (the tall square one that doesn't break the lines). And with a magazine that that can handle loose slugs without jamming - smooth surfaces in front of it and behind it, and which can turn/cycle with heavy slugs.
* This is so that the rear sight can be changed; stock Glock sights would have a front post which is too narrow for a longer pistol with a different sight radius. But there could also be an extra dovetail position for installation of the rear sight on the shroud - this will make pistol iron sights more usable with a stock.
..and with a small Huma regulator..or maybe an externally adjustable one like the RTI. Don’t care if it takes up air space in the cylinder.

Maybe a re-release of the Original Taipan Compact..same form factor same look but with a side cocking lever. The “New Compact” isn’t..and it’s buttugly to boot.

A new Edgun R5M Compact built on the Lelya platform but use a shortened R5M stock and have a real side cocking mechanism with mechanical advantage..instead of the abortion that passes for side cocking.

Last edited:
I like for the way we work on our rifles ( tune ) get simplified, i want to set speed with pressure, and time the valve is open ( air efficiency ) with the hammer, okay we also do that now, but the 2 are linked together, i want the 2 things to be apart, so if you have been shooting .177 in the morning with 70 bar on the reg and your valve open for 0.21 second.
I like to change to .25 in the evening, turn my reg pressure to say 150 bar, and my hammer would still open the valve for 0.21 second as it did when i was shooting .177 in the morning.

And that dont happen now, if you do that with 70 - 150 bar and no hammer change, you would hardly be able to crack the valve open as you work against the pressure.

Also i like less smarty pants rifles ( bull pups ) and more real rifles, but ! i will take a tactical designed one, a nice folding stock sound fine to me.

We should be hunting for accuracy, and looking for a flat shot string should not even be a part of the equation, it just should be flat and that's it.
And i think that is doable if you unlink the reg pressure and valve.
The chronograph in our kit should be the tool that collect dust.

Yeah.
I am also OK with the Daystate digi gun approach, but i am thinking it must also be possible to do something like that in a pure mechanical gun

But having 3 - 4 18650 batteries in the buffer tube / stock and a USB plug somewhere that would be OK with me too.
Hell i shoot tethered to a 12 L bottle at the bench, so if i was to also need a wire to a power bank, i could probably live with that.

@Peashooter I didn't realise it existed. I think most mechanical means may have been done already.
Except, something like a barrel port and a gas tube, halfway down the barrel, to bleed air from the HPA behind the pellet to close the valve. The gas tube leading to and connecting with the other side of a balanced valve (with a weak or no return spring).

Last edited:
I was thinking something along these lines, with a sliding plate for valve, negating the need to " hammer against pressure as you just have the valve return spring which could be constant, or maybe something you want to make adjustable like on Impacts,,,, dunno.

Though i am unsure if a seal & valve like this will slide different depending on the pressure it open / close for.

Just a proof of concept drawing i whipped up in paint, i hope you can follow me CUZ i couldent bother making a actual drawing like i was taught reading / drawing as a machinist.
Of course a plate like that will probably have a lot of friction it it, but i assume it could mainly ride on some smaller sliders so its suraface outside of the seating area are not riding up against another surface, CUZ that i do think will hinder performance as the valve dry out.

valve.jpg

Last edited: