What airguns or gear would you like to see in 2024?

Yeah i have been thinking that too, might be a high wear on seal, i have extremely little experience working with pneumatic control and Hydraulics, it was also just a smaller part of the machinist education here in the mid 80ties, i have for sure forgotten all about that CUZ i never used it.

The plate valve would of course have to be ground to a very smooth surface, but that should also be quite doable.
The other stuff i am not so sure, i am just trying to steer my brain towards something productive when i lie in bed every night / morning for hours on end not being able to fall asleep CUZ that damn brain spool up and just will not shut the hell up.

Last edited:
I’m a simple man. I’d love a new gun that isn’t decked out floor to ceiling in tact-i-cool furniture. I feel like I’m missing out on some great products because I don’t care for that aesthetic. If someone put out a PCP with the capabilities of the Skouts, Westerns, RAWs or EdGuns—even in the same price range—but dressed up in some walnut and blued steel, I’d be the first in line. IMO, peak airgun style started and ended with Seneca and the old Shinsungs.

Speaking of which, I’d also love to see a new underlever from Seneca. Don’t know why they stopped making those.

Check out the Weihrauch HW100 rifles.

They're traditional PCPs, well designed, well made and excellent performers. Walnut and blued steel 🙂

Cheers!

I'd like to see an airgun "filling station" with a built-in tank so I don't need to lug around a big tank or wait while the compressor fills the gun directly.

The idea is that the compressor automatically keeps the tank topped up while I'm shooting and always be ready for when I need to refill.

A filling station would be a compressor with a small (1 liter or so) built-in tank and valve/hose.

Without the need to fill the PCP quickly, the compressor can be lower powered making it smaller, lighter, and less power hungry.

All the parts are readily available they just need to be packaged with a reliable pressure shut-off switch.

Cheers!

Some high quality two section "shooting sticks/aka bipod" best suited in height for sitting position off a bucket using thick 40mm carbon fiber legs. Man I'm tired of the cheap poorly made wobbly stuff I'm forced to use currently.

A green illuminated reflex sight with a 12 moa dot.

A Cronus grade Athlon MPVO DMR FFP 2-14x42 riflescope with thicker reticle and daylight bright illume.

A higher quality "target and long range oriented" 300-ish fpe pcp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxjax
Some high quality two section "shooting sticks/aka bipod" best suited in height for sitting position off a bucket using thick 40mm carbon fiber legs. Man I'm tired of the cheap poorly made wobbly stuff I'm forced to use contently.

A green illuminated reflex sight with a 12 moa dot.

A Cronus grade Athlon MPVO DMR FFP 2-14x42 riflescope with thicker reticle and daylight bright illume.

A higher quality "target and long range oriented" 300-ish fpe pcp.
think i would like the reflex sight with a .5 moa dot or less

think i would like the reflex sight with a .5 moa dot or less

The reason I like BIG dots is for the Steel Challenge pistol matches. The steel is huge in comparison to a 12 moa dot and the dot is easier and faster to acquire. Literally its only a few seconds between the top shooters and the next few competitors so shaving time has its rewards.

A .5 moa dot would be hard to see in a reflex sight. It'd be .5" at 100Y and .05" at 10Y. I mention this because even the 1 moa dots are too small for me. 2 moa seems the most common in RD's nowadays. I guess what I'm saying is I'd be looking for a rifle scope if I wanted a dot that small.

But hey if that's what you like then so be it.

Reactions: ThomasT
The reason I like BIG dots is for the Steel Challenge pistol matches. The steel is huge in comparison to a 12 moa dot and the dot is easier and faster to acquire. Literally its only a few seconds between the top shooters and the next few competitors so shaving time has its rewards.

A .5 moa dot would be hard to see in a reflex sight. It'd be .5" at 100Y and .05" at 10Y. I mention this because even the 1 moa dots are too small for me. 2 moa seems the most common in RD's nowadays. I guess what I'm saying is I'd be looking for a rifle scope if I wanted a dot that small.

But hey if that's what you like then so be it.
i shoot very small targets . But yes for steel plate speed shooting 2 moa and lots of practice . lots !

i shoot very small targets . But yes for steel plate speed shooting 2 moa and lots of practice . lots !
Primary Arms sells a Holosun 507C that has a green illuminated chevron/(^) reticle called the ACSS. It has a sharp-ish point that can be used for small targets. Check it out and see if it works for you.

I'm either going to sell mine or put it on a target pistol dedicated to precision and use it like I described above.

I don't know about other pistol sights, but the Umarex 2x20 pistol sight is actually 1x magnification, not 2x. The focus adjustment does also change magnification, but it is well focused (for me) at exactly "no magnification". So it sort of doubles as a battery-less 1x sight that has very fine crosshairs, and it is very easy to use with both eyes open. I don't know about speed shooting though.

For rifles I'd like to see a heavy high precision bench rifle. I don't care about weight, I want the most stable and rigid rifle possible.

I'd also like to see some new full auto rifles on the market with mechanically cycling external magazines. Think Blitz HiCap mag without a spring that is mechanically cycled by the rifle.

For scopes there are many things I'd like to see:
A digital/standard scope hybrid, the best you can get currently is one of those you attach to a scope at the front or back like the Pard 0007 series.
I'd like one that is part of the scope to begin with.

High speed recording (min 480fps) scope or camera for scopes.

I'd really love if Vector Optics could come out with a 80x or 100x scope for less than $1000. I love my Minotaur 60x and at less than $500 it has been excellent.

I guess dream scope would be one designed for streaming high quality directly to a phone, pad or computer.
Take the above mentioned digital scope with optical zoom. Have a 8k camera in it, a 300-600dpi eyepiece screen.
Some ports for high quality streaming directly to a phone, pad or computer. Wireless as well. Option to turn off the eyepiece and only use wired or wireless streaming instead to save on cpu power. Onboard nvme M.2 storage slot.
Basically I want a high optical magnification digital scope with a high resolution camera for recording shots in 8k with. The 8k camera would also allow for additional digital zoom with lower loss of quality.
I want this more for benchrest shooting and recording rather than hunting, there is nothing like this on the market afaik and trying to build a 8k scope camera setup hasn't been the easiest. Have the Tactacam but would like higher rez camera.

I'd like to see more Umarex Legends .177 C02 guns. The Thompson, M3, and MP40 are great fun, but it's time to steer away from SMG replicas and make some rifles. An M1 Garand and STG44 would be awesome.

More traditional springers with an adjustable cheekpiece and buttplate like the HW98 would be great. And I'd like to see some of the old classics go back into production. If Daisy re-released the 7x7 series, I'd buy a couple of each.

Reactions: Farmplinker2