• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

what are you all using for portable shooting bench solutions?

Hello @Bobbybeef

No it is welded together. Top is 24-inches x 41-inches.

ThomasT
I am gonna make one that’s collapseable I think I have some 1.5” x1/8” square tubing in my shop I am gonna design something. Weld it up so that the legs pivot inwards and the cross brace bolts for sturdiness.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Guys. The best bench period, is the Stukeys. I know you look at the price and say no way. But it is the sturdiest portable bench, bar none. To shoot well you need a sturdy bench. This is it. Far better than most shooting range benches. No wobble at all. I’ve used mine for 15 plus years. Now maybe a concrete bench may be as sturdy but it is not portable. I have not made 1000 yard shots, but 750 yard yes. Could not have done it without this bench.

I use this one. It is very sturdy and not too heavy to carry.

I have a very similar table. It appears to have bowed in the heat with a moderate amount of weight on it (either a Lead Sled or Caldwell Turret and gun). This thing is wobbly as well. I’m speaking as a person placing the table in grass and dirt, never on concrete.

I made this years ago my idea of portable is being able to move set shoot move repeat this set up allows me to hang a day bag under and shoot all day wandering Prarie dog tows

20240706_124438.jpg

I made this years ago my idea of portable is being able to move set shoot move repeat this set up allows me to hang a day bag under and shoot all day wandering Prarie dog tows

View attachment 479910
needs motorized rear tire , ( maybe like a Unicycle and you could steer with the seat "butt steering hahaha " ok i will shut up now .

Reactions: imtrigerhapy
needs motorized rear tire , ( maybe like a Unicycle and you could steer with the seat "butt steering hahaha " ok i will shut up now .
We have thought about mounting 2 12v meters to the tires but when the batteries would die and I'm sure they would when ur miles from the truck it would just be more weight to drag back lol..pluss some d-bag would report u for shooting of a motorized vehicle lol

Reactions: beerthief
this is exactly what we had @ my range , beautiful , But the powers that are in office said no good . They paid to have them torn down and replaced with $1000 each wooden ones that people slid and twist around so one does not know exactly what the range to target is .

this is exactly what we had @ my range , beautiful , But the powers that are in office said no good . They paid to have them torn down and replaced with $1000 each wooden ones that people slid and twist around so one does not know exactly what the range to target is .
We are surrounded by idiots no doubt. A buddy and I built benches at a local club exactly like the ones you show and paid for all the material and did all the work. We offered to do the other 8 same way including all the cost and work, we were told no .