Crosman What are your favorite pistols and why.

Only own one and that's the Webley Alecto. Turned up a .177 Weihrauch barrel for it just yesterday, alot of fun to shoot.....

Screenshot_20240713_121920_Gallery.jpg

IZh 46M, weird looking, but easy to cock and load. Fantastic, followed by FWB 65 and 80 Then Diana airbug for a CO2 model, it is also easy to load, I have several of the Crossman 2240 types and the Diana is just easier to handle and load. S&W 78g is very nice also, especially my earlier model with the adjustable trigger.

Reactions: Bandito and bf1956
.25 gk1 blowing my mind every day. It's the damnedest thing… It holds zero and every time i pick it up I am hitting things i am supposed to. This is probably laughable accuracy for some of you but I was hitting 50 cent piece sized spinners every single time today - I was prone, no special props just holding the gun in front of me using the ground for support. Red dot sight, about 75 feet from the spinners shooting h and n 20.3 grains at a good clip. It's funny because for the first couple of shots I was trying to shoot a little high and then a little low because I'm so used to my guns always being off by a little bit. Then I tried one spot on and smacked the spinner and every single one afterwards like 14 in a row. Not a typical experience for me at all especially with a pistol

As a Professional Plinker, this blew me away. I couldn't miss, usually my experience veers more in the opposite direction when it comes to shooting things that size at that distance without a scope. The red dot really is a big improvement over iron sights for me which kind of pisses me off. I really tried with the iron sights but there are variables there I'm still not controlling

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandito
Favorite?
My Steyr LP 50 in high power... a 10 meter marvel, but it had to find a new home because it wasn't realistically a Pistol Field Target contender.
Currently My RAW TM 1000 HFT pistol is getting all my love, very capable even out to 55 yards, but, it's a lot of pistoli to handle.
Then my Marauder HFT pistol... as built by @Airgun-Revisions , it's a nice set up with Corocan furniture very Pistol HFT worthy - very light.
Lastly The Weihrauch HW44 indeed a favorite... just wish i had bought it in .177 first. I sold the .22 and moved on. sigh.
IMG_7878.jpeg

IMG_7931.jpeg

IMG_5404.JPG

The .177 HW44 is the OG that started it all. Great pistol.

IMG_1350.jpeg

I really like the HW70's, they are the HW30 of the pistol world. All you need is some soup cans and pellets, great camp gun.

IMG_2071.jpeg

Honorable mention goes to my HW45 Black Star. Great can buster and easy to shoot but very hard to shoot well. Hitting a 1 inch spinner is a feat at 20 yards.

Next is the GK1. What a beast. Still blows my mind how I get 50 shots on a fill at 16 fpe.

IMG_2069.jpeg

I can't forget the LP400. A true laser. Fits like glove. Shoots like a dream.

IMG_2122.jpeg

The HP40A is an awesome SSP pistol, another great camp pistol.

IMG_2054.jpeg

Edit: I added eye candy.

Last edited:
FWB 65, like shaking hands with an old friend.

Currently visiting a well known tuner in Tenn. for a refresh.

View attachment 482234
A year or so I bought a couple off ebay, knowing that they would need resealing at a minimum so off to David they went, Fantastic guns, now my son and I can duel with them(not shooting at each other) just targets or cans.

Reactions: Bandito
Been thinking about this one… I have a few pistols, currently enjoying the gk1 no end. My knee-jerk answer is that the GK1 is of course the finest airgun i have handled.

But i also have a talon p, hatsan mod25 supercharger, webley tempest and one of those super cheap p17ssp guns.

Which pistol is my favorite? A tie between gk1 and the talon P if we can count the talon P as a pistol... That was the first pcp for me and that thing was the IDEAL starting platform- what a (good!) can of worms the airforce platform has been. I don't care how sweet the gk1 is at the moment, in light of my last 4 years of shooting and getting into the hobby, nothing can top the talon P. Totally rugged simple completely functional erector set type airgun, so easy to get parts, in-line tank and practically a direct tank-to-barrel setup with everything completely accessible. Beautiful utility airgun with minimalist / utilitarian design. Mine is currently decked out with an 18 inch barrel and a large tank and Condor valve but I'm tempted to restore it to its compact form one of these days.