Crosman What are your favorite pistols and why.

Love my IZH46, like the HW44 but hate the grip for it. (just saying)
Looking forward to a Manul from AGT hopefully that will top my list once it is here.
I too did not like the grip at first, then I started to work on it. I first rounded the left front edge of the grip , that is the left side with the gun held in the right hand, facing away. I then started scalloping that edge, a larger lower one for my little finger and the one next to it, and a smaller on for the big finger. I did a little bit at a time over several weeks and now it fits my hand extremely well, I do not want to say perfectly, but so good that I do not want to remove any more wood. I have two of these one with a custom walnut grip from Rink and it is better than factory stock, but not as comfortable as my customized grip.

I think the way I said that might be misleading.
Like you I modified the grip for the IZH and love it.
On the other hand, I hate is the HW44. Liked the gun but hated the grip.

The IZH on the other hand, love the way it came out.
Reshaped to fit my hand like a glove and stippled for a perfect grip.

20230820_185911.jpg
20230820_185919.jpg

My favorite pistol is the Huben GK1 .25. It has been so impressive on it's accuracy, reliability, power, and with the joy of semi-auto that I have sold my other pistols as they ended up just sitting in the closet. The Huben GK1 is so versatile as both a great pistol for target, plinking, home defense, and can shoot accurately all day long to 50 yards. What has been a disappointment for me for decades was the fact air pistols never had any power near what the air rifles could provide. Most air pistols shoot a wimpy sub 500 FPS and could not provide many shots either. The Huben GK1 is the first air pistol that can provide accurate powerful shot strings at 800 + FPS. That power enables the pistol to be accurate out to 50 yards easily. Before pistols could only be accurate for very short distances and had laughable power. The GK1 to me is hands down the game changer for air pistols and has set the new bar for others to try to catch up.

Because it has literally taken over the air pistol segment, there are so many cool accessories! I have the 3D printed moderator from fellow Airgun Nation enthusiasts that really compliment the pistol and tames the bark. I also have the speed loader, green/red dot sight mount, and the rear picatinny mount for the foldable and easily detachable carbine stock. The carbine stock is very nice as this is one of the few pistols where anyone can hit the bullseye at 50 yards! try that with all of the old technology pistols....

GK1 carbine folded.jpg

GK1 carbine stock unattached.jpg

GK1 carbine attached.jpg

A pistol I only just got recently, but have been very impressed by so far is the Crosman Mark 1.

I found it, along with three other pistols on Craigslist for $30, “must take all four”, so I drove 100 miles each way to go pick them up last weekend.

The balance, accuracy, power, sights, grips and looks of it are all very good and there are loads of them on eBay for under $200.

Reactions: boscoebrea
I think the way I said that might be misleading.
Like you I modified the grip for the IZH and love it.
On the other hand, I hate is the HW44. Liked the gun but hated the grip.

The IZH on the other hand, love the way it came out.
Reshaped to fit my hand like a glove and stippled for a perfect grip.

View attachment 489419View attachment 489418
Looks good, I prefer the feel of mine without stippling

My favorite pistol is the Huben GK1 .25. It has been so impressive on it's accuracy, reliability, power, and with the joy of semi-auto that I have sold my other pistols as they ended up just sitting in the closet. The Huben GK1 is so versatile as both a great pistol for target, plinking, home defense, and can shoot accurately all day long to 50 yards. What has been a disappointment for me for decades was the fact air pistols never had any power near what the air rifles could provide. Most air pistols shoot a wimpy sub 500 FPS and could not provide many shots either. The Huben GK1 is the first air pistol that can provide accurate powerful shot strings at 800 + FPS. That power enables the pistol to be accurate out to 50 yards easily. Before pistols could only be accurate for very short distances and had laughable power. The GK1 to me is hands down the game changer for air pistols and has set the new bar for others to try to catch up.

Because it has literally taken over the air pistol segment, there are so many cool accessories! I have the 3D printed moderator from fellow Airgun Nation enthusiasts that really compliment the pistol and tames the bark. I also have the speed loader, green/red dot sight mount, and the rear picatinny mount for the foldable and easily detachable carbine stock. The carbine stock is very nice as this is one of the few pistols where anyone can hit the bullseye at 50 yards! try that with all of the old technology pistols....

View attachment 489422

View attachment 489424

View attachment 489425
I had to do a double take on your pistol grip , but I am loving the horizontal grain!

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Crosman 1377. Not in the class of any of the pistols mentioned, but I love the simplicity and reliability. In 20 years, I can't imagine counting the number of tins of pellets I have run through it or the number of birds it has taken. I would love a $500-$1,000 version of the 1377. Hard to beat the power flexibility of a pump pistol. My Fx Ranchero pistol is my favorite to shoot around the house, but I don't take it camping because I don't want to pack the bottle.

ASG Dan Wesson 715 6-inch
That’s a gun that I’m a little disappointed by. The build quality and finish is fantastic, but what I really, really don’t like about it is that it has a 2.5” barrel. Sure, the outside length is 6”, but 3.5” of that is simply an oversized tube. Performance would be significantly improved if they had simply used a full length barrel.

Reactions: Modski66
That’s a gun that I’m a little disappointed by. The build quality and finish is fantastic, but what I really, really don’t like about it is that it has a 2.5” barrel. Sure, the outside length is 6”, but 3.5” of that is simply an oversized tube. Performance would be significantly improved if they had simply used a full length barrel.
The early models did have a full length rifled barrel, but they started short-changing users sometime around 2019. Most of the shell-loading revolvers with the longer barrels now seem to have 2.5" of rifled barrel with the rest being some 6mm aluminum tube.

Reactions: Sawney Bean
That is a very cool setup. What took it's place?
Thank you! I traded it for an impact mk3. As much as I love the pistol, I missed my mk2 I had. A lot of my shots when pesting are between 50yds and 180yds so I prefer a slug rig.

I managed to take headshots out to 73rds with the pistol, so it's extremely capable.

Reactions: oxnam
Well obviously I have to say my Huben GK1 .25, greatest air pistol ever made, not even close. Power and accuracy in such a compact PCP gun is second to none.

But my second and this is probably going to surprise some people is my Hatsan Sortie. I taught my kids how to shoot with it. Now I know that this gun is hated for all the problems people have seem to had with it, I don't know if I got lucky or if they just fixed all the problems because I have one that was made in 2022. Mine has never misfired, never jammed, holds air forever, it's accurate, and for target practice and teaching, the right amount of power. Between me and my kids, we have easily have put over 3,000 pellets through it, mine loves H&N Sport Baracuda Hunter Extreme Pellets.

Just getting used to my new friend but i think this one will rise to the top.
It is outfitted with a DonnyFl Tanto and Bushnell TRS 25 in this shot.
An hour later it has changed to a Primary Arms MicroDot that came off of my CZ Scorpion.
Keeping it all in the Czech family.

Trigger is excellent, build quality exceptional, ergos great,
I like that I can cock it with my shooting hand thumb.
Only negative so far is the fixed magazine. Not a fan!
It is a pain to load but everything else is stellar so far.

20240823_173517.jpg

One of the things that stood out to me imediately is that this is a tensioned barrel system on this pistol.
The barrel and shroud arrangement has an uncanny resemblance to my Dan Wesson 744 revolver.

20240823_123430.jpg

AGT Manul in 177.

My favorite ten-meter Co2 pistol came to me from the Netherlands in this nice wood and aluminun fitted case-

From my testing notes-

.177 Walther CP3 Match ten-meter Co2 pistol

8.4gr JSB Exact, as received, 86 F., 10 shot string= 446/470/24/7/458 FPS/3.9 FPE

8.4gr Exact, power screw maxed, 90 F., 10 shots= 549/564/15/5/558 FPS/5.8 FPE

I also moneyed the fantastic trigger from the heavy 18 ounce minimum required for ten-meter competition down to a TELEPATHIC 4 ounce break with just a thought.

Five shots at 25 yards, easily covered by a dime (less than 1/2" c-t-c).
Yes, the Walther CP3 was and is the best CO2 pistol. I won the Connecticut state games with mine way back when (1990s). But alas, I sold it and now am kinda old for 10M competition, but after my cataract surgery next week, I think I could still hold my own with some practice. I now have a Steyr CP2 which is better IMO.

Nutmeg equipment.jpg
LP2 in case.jpg

Just getting used to my new friend but i think this one will rise to the top.
It is outfitted with a DonnyFl Tanto and Bushnell TRS 25 in this shot.
An hour later it has changed to a Primary Arms MicroDot that came off of my CZ Scorpion.
Keeping it all in the Czech family.

Trigger is excellent, build quality exceptional, ergos great,
I like that I can cock it with my shooting hand thumb.
Only negative so far is the fixed magazine. Not a fan!
It is a pain to load but everything else is stellar so far.

View attachment 490627

One of the things that stood out to me imediately is that this is a tensioned barrel system on this pistol.
The barrel and shroud arrangement has an uncanny resemblance to my Dan Wesson 744 revolver.

View attachment 490626
AGT Manul in 177.
Pp700 and gk1 have a similar setup more or less. Seems like a good design. That looks like an active shroud and i have my pp700 set up the same way since the ldc adapter i bought was vented. Gk1 is not an active shroud at the moment - and everyone probably already knows this I don't know why am spelling this all out... just trying to join in here. If someone were to make an active shroud for the GK one I imagine that would be popular. Would quiet it way down