• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What compressor is the most reliable with minimal use?

Not being a wiseguy, what airgun has a “welded” end cap? Just curious. I have only been into PCP’s for maybe 3 years and have looked at a lot of guns with tube style tanks, but none appeared to be welded, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any. Being a welder my entire career, I pick up on weded assemblies fairly readily. And having weded many high pressure assemblies for the oil and gas industry I can attest to highly engineered and tested/qualified weld techniques and qualifed welders. HP is nothing to second guess. While I worked in the dive industry I had access to some very interesting and fatal mistakes divers made when they built their own stuff. Makes for good reading.
Crude. But, I'm at work using the edge of a card with a 75mm scale on one edge.

20240702_112806.jpg

Crude. But, I'm at work using the edge of a card with a 75mm scale on one edge.

View attachment 476894
OK, threads and then weld for gas seal. Different than typical construction but I guess that will work. I have no comment on the wall thickness because I have no training in that area. 7075 aluminum I believe is stronger but it is not weldable. I presume the reg end is threaded with maybe an O ring for sealing (drawing doesn’t show that end).

Reactions: $p00kygH0ST
OK, threads and then weld for gas seal. Different than typical construction but I guess that will work. I have no comment on the wall thickness because I have no training in that area. 7075 aluminum I believe is stronger but it is not weldable. I presume the reg end is threaded with maybe an O ring for sealing (drawing doesn’t show that end).
You might find this interesting... 7075 welds. https://newatlas.com/welding-aa7075-aluminum-alloy/58449/