What did you do airgun related today.

I picked up some "heavy" pellets to try on the high setting of my Avenge-X. The AA 10.3's are working great at low setting, and can get the Bejamine 10.5 Match working fine on high, though very fast. I fear they Benny's will catch air at that speed. I am looking to see how these 13.43 and 16.20 grainers work on high. I do not have high hopes but I will not "know" until I try!

View attachment 491974
My Revere Safari likes the 13 redesigned, and my Bullshark likes the original 13’s. Both those rifles shoot 10.3gr really well also.

Reactions: drpietrzak
I got this pistol Sig 226 co2 a few days ago. The accuracy is dismal at 3+ inches at 15 yards. The barrel is lose from the action. Took it apart last night and set the action halves on the bridgeforth mill. Set the quill to 30 minute and slowly raise the knee to skim cut using a 4" shell mill. Re-assembled it and no more play on the barrel. I seen a few video with guys wrapping electrical tape before clamping, I think this is crude way to do it. Anyway it's refreshing to try new airguns to tinker with.

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

I picked up some "heavy" pellets to try on the high setting of my Avenge-X. The AA 10.3's are working great at low setting, and can get the Bejamine 10.5 Match working fine on high, though very fast. I fear they Benny's will catch air at that speed. I am looking to see how these 13.43 and 16.20 grainers work on high. I do not have high hopes but I will not "know" until I try!

View attachment 491974
never hurts to try something new !

Reactions: drpietrzak
It was way too hot for me outside today. I decided to chronograph the 13.43 monster redesign and 16.20 beast in the Avenge-X on high. The fill and reg were as seen here. I used 8 shots each indoors.

JSB Exact Monster Redesign 13.43 unsorted averaged 862.0 fps with a SD of 3.68 fps.

The JSB Beast 16.20 averaged 802.6 fps with a SD of 7.42 fps.

This compared to the Benjamin 10.5 Match averaging 955.5 fps with a SD of 1.6 fps.

AA Field Heavy in 10.3 averaged 965.2 with a SD of 1.87.

So the 13.43 and 16.2 are not as consistent but are perhaps more within a speed range they perform more consistent.

20240821_133949.jpg
20240821_134526.jpg

I got this pistol Sig 226 co2 a few days ago. The accuracy is dismal at 3+ inches at 15 yards. The barrel is lose from the action. Took it apart last night and set the action halves on the bridgeforth mill. Set the quill to 30 minute and slowly raise the knee to skim cut using a 4" shell mill. Re-assembled it and no more play on the barrel. I seen a few video with guys wrapping electrical tape before clamping, I think this is crude way to do it. Anyway it's refreshing to try new airguns to tinker with.

View attachment 491990

View attachment 491991

View attachment 491992
I have that same pistol

I shot four 30 yard challenge targets including my only 200 so far this year. First I shot a 198 with 17Xs with my Caiman X that wears an Arken EPL-4 6-24 scope and shoots H&N Baracuda 18 pellets at about 910 fps. I noticed my "misses" were mainly on the right so I clicked to compensate. Next I shot a 196 with my P35-177, second best for it this year and overall. It likes the Baracuda FT pellets shooting them at about 880 fps. Last I shot the 200 which has 15Xs. I took one of the left clicks away after the first 4 targets after noticing I was at risk of trading misses on the left for misses on the right. Wind was low most of the day although higher on the 177 target. I kind of don't want to mention it but I also shot a 189 with my P35-22 before the 200. I might need to clean the barrel. That gun gave me my only other 200 last year. 3 good targets out of 4 is pretty good for me, however.

I couldn't ignore one of my 200 guns (my P35-22) giving me a 189 yesterday so today I started checking screw tightness and cleaned the barrel. I did not find anything loose on the first attempt and shot the attached 186 - worse. But then I thought to check the stock screws. They were loose. I tightened them and shot a 197 (attached) which is equal to the best I've done with this gun this year and 1 point better than it's done with the current Vector Veyron SFP 6-24 scope it wears these days. I shot the first 197 with my Arken EPL-4 which is on the Caiman now. I am much happier with that. I may try another target late this afternoon or evening when the sun is better. In the morning it is in my eyes making shot placement more difficult. The Veyron is also not as clear as the Arken but it's about 2/3 the price of the Arken and smaller and lighter. I think if I'm careful with it I could do a 200. Nice to know the gun is OK. (sorry for the extra holes in the 186, I used it to check things before starting the 197 target. The 186 score is with the original shot into each target)

P35-22 effect of stock screws.jpg

Shot the Sig 226 for a bit until the sun was too bright to see the green laser, should have ordered the red. Then finished polishing my left hand aluminum breech for 22xx. Made a barrel adapter and thread protector. Excuse the temp barrel band, that's next on cue, the crosman band won't fit as this is 25 mm tube.

IMG_0807.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Hill hand pump and I don’t like the end of my quick disconnect flapping around. And I don’t want to let it lay on the floor and get dirt or dog hair in it. So I was looking for a cap just to put over the end to keep dirt out. I also wanted a clip to hold it up off the floor but the side goes up and down when you pump and I could not find anything but a zip tie. I found this chair leg end but it was to big. I ended up screwing it to the edge of the base with a single screw. Holds it nicely and it is definitely not over engineered.

IMG_6230.jpeg

IMG_6231.jpeg

Nice job riding that wave! Sometimes life happens and you've got to make some moves. It's always a blessing to land on your feet with a direction to go after a churn.
Thank you bud figure I still have some important parts I’ll sit back get back working and slowly rebuild but being only self reliant this go around should be much more stable foundation so this never happens again.
I appreciate your positivity and encouragement bud.