What did you do airgun related today.

A new Notos arrived today. This was purchased with a HAM discount.
I’ll be doing a comparison with my Atomic.
I keep a Notos in my collection to loan out to friends to try and get them into PCP. When it’s in my possession its duties are shooting with friends and family. Having some carbine rifles it a lot of fun putting steel targets from 15y out to 30y.

Well today started the process. First up was cleaning that gummy barrel.

It will get my Veyron 10x next week, until then it’s going to wear one of my new Discovery 6x24AO scopes. With a high ring it just clears the Carm high cap mag. This little scope also being on my Bullshark is quickly becoming a suburban back yard favorite. Time will tell if it surpasses my Hawke 4x32AO.

If the scope ends up on the notos permanently it will need to be a little higher.

IMG_8774.jpeg

IMG_8775.jpeg

IMG_8776.jpeg

I did an initial side by side from my pesting window hide. Both shooting FX 15.9gr. 12 rnds Notos bottom right bull, Atomic 11 rnds at the top right. These bulls are .48”

The Notos has 4x less power scope.
The Notos is not as stable from the position I take for these shots. The left to right is due to this.

IMG_8780.jpeg

Night plinking

I am still getting ready for winter a bit here, so this is a PCP. I am shooting at 25-yards using ARA unlimited targets which have a 1/2" bull and are scored worst edge. So all shot must be under 1/4" from the center dot.

Rifle - Avenge-X PCP .177 (Base Model: Power Setting Low)
Class: PCP Air gun
Ammo: AA 10.3 Field Heavy Sorted to 10.4 Lubricated
Optic: Vortex Crossfire II 6 to 18
Front Rest: Bald Eagle Front Rest with Sinclair Bag Rider
Rear: Protektor #13 Rear Bag and Custom Bag Rider
Score: .177=1925 and .22=1825

The weather was 75-degrees Fahrenheit with about 85% humidity. There was a slight 0 to 3 mph wind. It varied in direction but was largely calm.

The rifle is stock, and there are no tweaks to the gun. The bottle started the day at full capacity. I took a couple of shots to sight in the rifle. The shots all remained on the regulator. Tank pressure started at just under 300 bar. The regular was about 1800 psi. Low Power Setting.

avengx Target 01.jpg

So far, only about a half a mag from the new Notos and Discovery 6x24AO combo.
Honestly, it’s the only AG I would NEED. Well maybe with my Pard DS35, gotta get those rats. But I love all my AG’s. The Notos might be able to do what the Atomic can, but it just isn’t built or feel anywhere close.

So far, only about a half a mag from the new Notos and Discovery 6x24AO combo.
Honestly, it’s the only AG I would NEED. Well maybe with my Pard DS35, gotta get those rats. But I love all my AG’s. The Notos might be able to do what the Atomic can, but it just isn’t built or feel anywhere close.
Love the Notos, it's the new lego gun. So much potential, but also bottomless pit.:LOL:

IMG_0588.jpg

Love the Notos, it's the new lego gun. So much potential, but also bottomless pit.:LOL:

View attachment 496043
That’s for sure! I’m keeping this one stock. I sold my Notos that i did a few mods to.
I want to keep this one as close to stock as possible, so when I loan it out my friends will know what they are getting when they decide to buy their own.

The buck-rail fore end is essential IMO in its mostly stock form.

IMG_8776.jpeg

I have a pest I’ve tried trapping for months, but all I catch are opossums. I can trap an opossum about every night. I’ve tried all types of bait.
The trap isn’t working so I’m resorting to an AG. Today I found my hold overs for the short distances I can get it at 17’, 22’ and 16 yards. P35 25 cal with Pard NV008S is ready to go.
What pest is it? 👀

Pruning trees, 134 yards away with .177 13 grain Zan slugs.
Here a 1- 1.5 inch limb that took me 2 days to deal with, and a few 100 shots too, you do not hit every shot at this distance.
And also a fresh branch like this, well it is not terrible impressed by so light slugs having travelled that far before impact.

As pic tell some how i managed to pull off a huge L side bias, CUZ much of that missing bark on the thicker branch in the background are my slugs bounding off the little branch.
I could actually hear when i hit the branch VS hitting the tree, and also when i nicked the branch first and then the tree.
The branch had a higher pitch to its sound when hit VS the tree.
But of course also some direct hits in there, actually most of my shots to this branch here was probably misses.
But it can be done, and it was good fun all the way, but thinner branches only take like 5-8 shots to snap, but then 1/2 inch wide they are a bit harder to connect with.

p1.jpg

Last edited: