What did you do airgun related today.

My neighbor (avid bird feeder just like me) Texted me yesterday saying she had found five dead birds (starlings and sparrows) in her yard and was wondering how they died. She asked if I thought they had been fighting with one another. I texted her back that I have had a cat in my back yard, hiding under my bird feeders, and that I saw it catch a sparrow (true story, but the bird it caught was injured from my pellet rifle, and hiding in the same bush as the cat :rolleyes: ) Anyway, I stopped shooting starlings out of the cottonwood tree which has branches hanging over her yard.

So today I spread out my Starling deeks in my back yard and will shoot any Starlings if/when they show up to raid my feeders. In the meantime, there is a pine tree, about 40 yards across the street from my back porch, that has a perch in the top that all manner of birds like. Robins, falcons, and Starlings. I popped a Starling just now with my .22 Akela. The photo shows a Robin perched there (I do not shoot any songbirds, just Starlings and English Sparrows)

I also fixed my filling probe for my new Steyr H5 with the Foster fitting adapter I got from Air Venturi. Sighted in my .25 FX Crown. Deadly accurate and quiet as usual.

Starling 1.jpg

Starling 2.jpg

Starling 5.jpg

Starling 4.jpg

Starling 3.jpg

This afternoon I broke out the .22 BSA Defiant bullpup, fine tuned the scope and stood watch over my blackbird deeks. Well about an hour before sunset the Starlings started coming in a landing amongst the deeks, one at a time. They didn't stay long so I had to get on them quickly and squeeze of a shot. One very careful Starling landed high up in the tree overwatching the deeks on the ground. I waited for him to glide down, but he wouldn't come. So I adjusted my tripod up so I could take a steep angled shot into the tree tops and dropped him like a rock. That Defiant is a fun little gun to shoot and very accurate.

Reactions: Genob
Broke the Diana 54 down and installed a new Custom ordered " Super High Output" kit from Vortek (32 coils), with the Vortek seal, and breech seal.

In 40 mph wind gusting, with 15 to 20 sustained winds, only shot 20 yards. After about 50 shots I shot a .198" 5 shot group. But the big surprise was a 734.8 Average with 18 grain AA Diablos. That was with a 2.8fps ES.

Oh and Soooooo Smmmoooooth, and quiet!

Reactions: Genob
I needed a better stool for when i go to the range. The ones they have are too small for me.
Found a inexpensive(hopefully not cheap) drummers throne i hope will be the right fit.

Just some plinking at a steel rat and my KYL with my CZ200 Hunter.
I tried out JTS 10.4 gr and the rifle really likes them. I was shooting the rifle resting on an old single pane crank style window. So good results for shooting position.
I cleared the KYL shooter style by starting with the small one.

10 shot group of JTS 10.4gr circled in yellow. 18 yards.

New to airgun’s. Recently purchased a Gamo Magnum gen 2. For a pump action, got a lot of kick. Enough for close range iguana hunting, What’s your favorite small game air rifle?
I love this old Avanti Valiant CZ200 Hunter. It's unregulated and always shot on. A Notos is a good way to get into PCP and hand pump friendly. I've killed the most rodents with a PP700SA. I have two rifles set up for night pests, the primary is a BRK Concept Lite XR I bought used from AoA. I like that I can select from 10 FPE up to 30 FPE with the adjustable transfer port.
But it my yard, I could kill 99% of the pests with a HW50 haha, and I don't have one of those.

I made time for the Marauder this afternoon. Nice bright sunlight down range while I sat in the shade. This thing is a hammer, slinging .177 Monsters around 900 fps. Nice shoot a bolt action with iron sights.
IMG_9780.jpg

Then I pulled out the Dreamtac and proceeded to tear up a few targets.
IMG_9782.jpg

I also spied my next victim out in the wood pile, about 50-55 yards away. Looks like another male chipmunk has moved in to take the place of the one I smoked a few weeks ago. He's hanging out so I'll wait for a better opportunity, but I am pretty stoked he's there. Something to look forward to.

I am gonna need to know who makes that folding stock and where can I get one.
Oh sorry so excited ,,,,,,will it mount to a 1720t ?
It’s all 3d printed, so don’t beat it up too much.

Reactions: TimeRabbit