What did you do airgun related today.

Made a second power plenum on my Dreamline.
20240613_234249.jpg

Went to my gun club’s range today (I was solo there) and shot my exceptionally accurate Notos using a range of JTS .22 pellets. It liked them all. Then my 2013-purchased Ruger Air Hawk Elite breakbarrel in .177 and despite having sat dormant for 4 years in controlled environment, it shot straight and true using a 10 or so grain domed pellet. My JTS Airacuda Max is in Katy, Texas, being repaired for leaks. And that is the finest of the many airguns I own. I’ll be helping JTS’s business in October when their new rifles premiere. They sound awesome.

1000003280.jpg
Like the old "lovin' Spoonfull" song said..."Dispite The Heat It'll Be Alright"...Shooting in 95* heat my Mini Carbine was up to "operating temperature" and working well...Printed this 5 shot off knee at 65 measured yards with 18 gr
1000002587.jpg
JSBs running at 825fps....Was first group of day...only shot 2 or 3 groups...note sweat from just sitting at bench....going to be a long hot summer....Welcome to the sunny south!
1000003281.jpg

I shot an iPhone 8 with a 30 grain hollow point (H&N Slug HP II) too. That was quite satifsfying, this phone has been pissing me off for months it turns itself off constantly. That 30 grain turned it off for good : https://streamable.com/oqx19c

I dug the slug back out, I was impressed with the hollow point doing its job thats some serious spread. 10 cent coin and an un-fired 30 grain for scale.
WhatsApp Image 2024-06-14 at 22.22.23.jpeg

I waited until the kids went to bed, and the temperature had dropped from 93 down to 86, humidity was 60%. Put 20 rounds through my 2-week old Veteran II standard .25 out to 50 yards. I am still stunned by how quiet this rifle is - easily backyard friendly. I was also reminded of how bad I wobble with my Primos Triggerstick tripod. It's fine for quick duty at 30 yards on a squirrel, but 50 yard targets, not so much (for me). I have a Caldwell Precision Turret which works well if I get a table out, but for brief shooting periods like this, I think a real tripod would be better.

Reactions: Florida_Man
my AGN Vixen Long
Thats a nice Vixen.

Personally i adjusted a little on the valve return thing on the valve of my Two, and once again realized i really need to top up my 12 L bottle CUZ its below 150 BAR now.

Come Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday next week i will.

Day #1 Hit lumber yard, and probably start on the flooring in the new shot shed.
Day #2 Mess around wit a little concrete on the big faux mountain on the G-scale train layout,,,,,, and be amazed again how overgrown it is.
If we are to run any trains this year, well i will have to bust out the big gasoline weed wacker and clean beside ALL of the track, CUZ,,,, damn.
Maybe also do preliminary work for the lake / waterfall that will be made so the trains have something pretty to drive by.
Day #3 shooting a lot, even if the perfect conditions have already been cancelled in the weather forecast, then at least it have not yet been turned into complete garbage.

Temperatures still below 20 deg C in the 9 day forecast, and not much sun to be seen in it either, i am inclined to belive the scientists that say when the world experience global warming we up here in northern Scandinavia might experience a small ice age.
CUZ the 25 deg C that constitute a summers day here, well we had 2 of those already but i fear that is also it more or less.