What did you do airgun related today.

Shot the HW44 for earlier, then put another coat of true oil on the pcp pistol build. Then begun making the barrel band for it. Test fit it, will mill the profile later.

View attachment 492870

View attachment 492871

View attachment 492872
This project is 98% done, just need a week for the true oil to fully dry and buff it. I made the large bore a little too tight, so I'll leave on the end. Don't want to damage the finish.

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

Beautiful barrel band. How did you finish the barrel band? Saw the picture of the boring on the lathe. And the scribe marks. How did you finish it up? CNC? Manual? If manual, how did you do it?
It's all manual machine, I use rotary table on the Bridgeporth. After this, I buff with rouge wheel.

air gun related , set up my HW97 on the outside lefty bench rest table . Took pictures to post under "where do you shoot from " posted those . Since it was all set up and hadn't started raining yet i shot two paper targets then a clap of thunder and a second later lightning and rain , couldn't see the lake lucky the rain and associated wind was out of the west so i and the gun stayed dry .

Reactions: Bandito and Genob
Beautiful work. (y) Have a smaller mill, and RT, thinking about doing this kind of stuff. Do you install the work piece on sacrificial material on the rotary table? Or a spacer?
I have a set of imperial expanding collets, I use 31/32" for this on the big end. Yes you can machine something soft and split it after tapping the center to expand it or McMaster sell emergency collets you can turn to the diameter needed. Gets pricy after a while.

Reactions: Bandito
I have a set of imperial expanding collets, I use 31/32" for this on the big end. Yes you can machine something soft and split it after tapping the center to expand it or McMaster sell emergency collets you can turn to the diameter needed. Gets pricy after a while.
Quite familiar with the pricey nature of machining and tooling! Made a sensitive drill recently, because I was too cheap to buy one. Even so, it cost me about $100, a good micro-chuck (Albrecht 0-3mm) and (Jacobs JT0-1/2" shank) arbor were $95, and maybe $5 of stock. Fact is, sometimes it's way cheaper to buy than make. But sometimes they simply don't make what you need, (or want) at the price point you desire, so you make it.

Getting back to my question, you use the expanding collet on the rotary table? Do you have a picture of that? Guess I'm interested in how you center the part on the RT, with the sacrificial spacer, so it can all be clamped down. Somehow having trouble visualizing it.

Reactions: Bandito and Genob
Quite familiar with the pricey nature of machining and tooling! Made a sensitive drill recently, because I was too cheap to buy one. Even so, it cost me about $100, a good micro-chuck (Albrecht 0-3mm) and (Jacobs JT0-1/2" shank) arbor were $95, and maybe $5 of stock. Fact is, sometimes it's way cheaper to buy than make. But sometimes they simply don't make what you need, (or want) at the price point you desire, so you make it.

Getting back to my question, you use the expanding collet on the rotary table? Do you have a picture of that? Guess I'm interested in how you center the part on the RT, with the sacrificial spacer, so it can all be clamped down. Somehow having trouble visualizing it.
Yah, 30+ years in micro machining. Now retired, used to dress this micro grain carbide drills on Ewag WS11. Now I use this to make regulator orifice. Smallest I use is 0.40 mm.

IMG_0815.jpg

Reactions: Bandito
Received my 15 tin 52$ Utah Airguns order from the Labor Day price error they were awesome enough to honor, 2 days from door to door.

Was zeroed for and shooting h&n 15.89's.

Plopped in the JSB 15.89's from the order in my .22 cal....reg creep noted to be from my 2050 set point to about ~2100, no dry fire.

First shot, same exact POI as my zero with h&n 15.89. Second shot, followed right into the same single pellet hole. Looks like, at least at close range, these two pellets will have very similar POI. Makes my life easier!

-Matt

Avenger .25 set to max reg pressure 3000psi max hammer spring king heavy diabolo 33.95 930fps forehead tap a 100lb pig in the head "a domestic farm raised to eat pig" processed pig put pieces in freezer to chill overnight. This morning break pig down to smoker sized pieces put 2 hind quarters 2 front quarters 2 loins and 2 racks of ribs in smokers and grill. Spend several hours smoking and resetting .25 back to 25.4 grain fx pellets and enjoy smelling meat in smoker. Had about 15 family and friends over to eat and celebrate my birthday. All in all a great day. Happy shooting everyone

Finally got to sit down and do some actual shooting with the new .22 Dynamic Compact. Did some chronographs and tuned for JSB Hades 15.89. First time working with any FX airguns. Surprised how easy it actually is once you figure it out. Was to hot so didn't finish sighting it in after the new tune but at least it's shooting how I want it. Was sweating buckets with how humid it was.

It's similar to this, you clamp the shank on RT. The tolerance might stack up and give higher T.I.R. but it's okay for this type of work.

IMG_0816.jpg

Avenger .25 set to max reg pressure 3000psi max hammer spring king heavy diabolo 33.95 930fps forehead tap a 100lb pig in the head "a domestic farm raised to eat pig" processed pig put pieces in freezer to chill overnight. This morning break pig down to smoker sized pieces put 2 hind quarters 2 front quarters 2 loins and 2 racks of ribs in smokers and grill. Spend several hours smoking and resetting .25 back to 25.4 grain fx pellets and enjoy smelling meat in smoker. Had about 15 family and friends over to eat and celebrate my birthday. All in all a great day. Happy shooting everyone
Forgot the pics steel plate is 4 inch center hole 1/8 inch at 53 yards after re tune of avenger

IMG_20240901_193709.jpg

IMG_20240901_193705.jpg

IMG_20240901_193715.jpg

20240901_185205.jpg

Spent the whole morning practicing HFT and working out the details of my new Sightron S6 SSED 10-60x56 MF-FT scope
Spent the afternoon teaching a newbie HFT with a ghost carbine. 💯
i cant think of a better way to spend a Monday , Except for Next week Monday i will be a birthday Boy that day .

spent morning coffee , today shooting pistol Walther LP-model 3 SSP .177 Amazing @ 10 meters ! ( the gun ....not me )
then cut 3 19 inch pieces of 2x4 / sanded and router the edges making additional braces for the back side of my outdoors gun rack . i felt that the rack needed a bit more bracing . going out to shoot rifles and paper targets while i wait for the stain to dry .