What did you do airgun related today.

Single shot, I'm about accuracy: every pcp that I've ever owned shot bigger groups with mag as opposed to single shot tray.
I have been doing the same. Sort of, I just put one in the Mag and shoot it. While I reload, it gives Me time to ponder. Things like "What the He!! did I do there"?

Took my tech force 79 apart again to modify valve housing. Drilled 2 holes 1.5mm dia. to increase supply to the exhaust valve, this brought up the speed to 677 fps, up from 523 fps. Then made a aluminum over sleeve for better moderator alignment. Also the report more than doubled, so I turned down one Notos moderator after taping it 1/2x20. Next up will be a pin type pellet pusher to increase flow from the transfer port.

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Received my 3.5" round leather pellet pouch which was ordered from Etsy. I previously said it was $30 but with S&H it was $40 Made a lanyard. Used "550" cord from Survivor Cord. It is 4mm (5/32) with tensile strength of 620. Has snare wire, 25 lb fishing line, waxed jute, all a core inside the paracord sheath. Did opposing overhand knots making an adjustable "necklace" or lanyard with many auxiliary uses. The quality of the pouch is a tiny bit less than the Wilkins round. This is a bit softer and not as shiny. I don't know that it will be less useful. Be Well Brothers, Bandito.
Oh yes, cord distributed by TITANSURVIVAL.COM.

Last edited:
Received my 3.5" round leather pellet pouch which was ordered from Etsy. I previously said it was $30 but with S&H it was $40 Made a lanyard. Used "550" cord from Survivor Cord. It is 4mm (5/32) with tensile strength of 620. Has snare wire, 25 lb fishing line, waxed jute, all a core inside the paracord sheath. Did opposing overhand knots making an adjustable "necklace" or lanyard with many auxiliary uses. The quality of the pouch is a tiny bit less than the Wilkins round. This is a bit softer and not as shiny. I don't know that it will be less useful. Be Well Brothers, Bandito.
Oh yes, cord distributed by TITANSURVIVAL.COM.
got a picture?

After a very agonizing 3 weeks wait, finally got my Manul pistol in .22 cal. The report is too much, so I modified an Stormrider moderator for it (M14x1.25) on the lathe as I don't have this tap. Very effective at moderating this pistol, now I will have to order more spare for future projects, lol.

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

Not really today, but more like a few days ago.

But have installed new foam in case for Epic Two
Still need to make a cutout but need a new case to put in that cutout to hold various must have Two things, not least spares

nest 2.0.jpg

This case, at least with a 30 mm bottom foam, borderline thick enough to house a folding stock rifle.
Also had to cut a little into bottom foam to be able to rest rifle flat due to scope turret and cocking lever.
The cutout top foam is 50 mm thick.
I do have to push down a little on the case lid to close it, so i will call this a " light press " fit

Last edited:
Pondering the mysteries of O-rings and why every air gun doesn't come with detailed tear down and rebuild procedures along with a couple of sets of O-rings or even better than O-ring kits would be the exact proper size, durometer, etc, so a person could just order the correct ones. I have purchased an O-ring kit but I am pretty sure it cost me about 10 times what the retail price of buying them from a general O-ring retailer like McMaster-Carr, etc.

Not really today, but more like a few days ago.

But have installed new foam in case for Epic Two
Still need to make a cutout but need a new case to put in that cutout to hold various must have Two things, not least spares

View attachment 499456

This case, at least with a 30 mm bottom foam, borderline thick enough to house a folding stock rifle.
Also had to cut a little into bottom foam to be able to rest rifle flat due to scope turret and cocking lever.
The cutout top foam is 50 mm thick.
I do have to push down a little on the case lid to close it, so i will call this a " light press " fit
tighter than a frogs butt...water tight!

Pondering the mysteries of O-rings and why every air gun doesn't come with detailed tear down and rebuild procedures along with a couple of sets of O-rings or even better than O-ring kits would be the exact proper size, durometer, etc, so a person could just order the correct ones. I have purchased an O-ring kit but I am pretty sure it cost me about 10 times what the retail price of buying them from a general O-ring retailer like McMaster-Carr, etc.
I think it is self preservation on the Manufactures part . No instructions protect the maker from " i did exactly as your instruction said " here is the gun still in pieces maybe missing the ones that dropped on the floor ? i think that illustrates the idea .

@beerthief , I agree with you but regardless, 0-rings will fail and probably out of the warranty coverage. Which means fix it yourself, send it to someone else to fix, sell it as is or toss it in the trash. I primarily joined this forum to find out more about self-fixing air guns because I am pretty sure mine will fail at some inconvenient date.

Back in the "old" days I remember someone saying if you owned a Jaguar car you really need to own 2, because one will always be in the shop. Airguns seem like that, but with airguns changing 0-rings should be more or less like changing a car battery, the oil, air filter - routine owner maintenance if the owner has the time.

I'm just being lazy. I will have to do some research to find what I am looking for so that I can do it myself. In my powder burner days I did a lot of stuff based on gunsmithing books. With airguns it seems I have to listen and watch some Youtube video, which I don't mind so much, but with a book you don't have to "endure" personalities quite like you do with Youtube.

this thread makes me think about the difference in price of a common O ring and the very best O ring ? or maybe if not the O ring maybe it is the smoothness of the material the O ring rests in ? polishing all those surfaces , just say 8 in the average pcp gun . could add to the initial cost ? 10 minutes time x 1200 guns ?