What did you order / receive airgun related today? Thread

A new Monstrum G3 5-25x50 FFP in FDE, An Accu-Tac PC4, 2 tins of Apolo 25 grain pellets, a tin of Apolo 40 gr slugs, a tin of Benjamin single die 27.9 gr pellets, and 4 tins of JSB Jumbo 15.89 pellets....and as such it would be raining 2day and I can't get out to shoot....

2 Alfa precision barrels delivered today.
The hammer forged finish almost looks like carbon fibre. Interesting 😎.
A .177 slug barrel for me plus a .25 for @ the punisher. He is doing the machine work.

IMG_20240916_134446.jpg

Well my Huban tk reg showed up with my .22 bottle
I also put a 2nd plenum extension on and installed a fx Cf barrel stiffener while apart
Now I just need a bottle to barrel band
Oh tip for you guys I found these 27mm I'd 32 od ss shims
I use them to clock the plenum extensions just unscrew the cap install a shim different clock setting saves from sanding and available on amazon

View attachment 496083

View attachment 496084

View attachment 496085

View attachment 496086

View attachment 496087
The big question is how does it shoot before and after the carbon and FX setup.

Well my Huban tk reg showed up with my .22 bottle
I also put a 2nd plenum extension on and installed a fx Cf barrel stiffener while apart
Now I just need a bottle to barrel band
Oh tip for you guys I found these 27mm I'd 32 od ss shims
I use them to clock the plenum extensions just unscrew the cap install a shim different clock setting saves from sanding and available on amazon

View attachment 496083

View attachment 496084

View attachment 496085

View attachment 496086

View attachment 496087
Do you mind sharing the link for the shims you found? Searching Amz is not pulling up this size. Thanks

Reactions: Florida_Man
some how i think you need to order 9 to get two free the first free one does not count in the total count ? ok brain fart time ?
You have to watch them! 👀
They'll get over on you.
For example I ordered pellets for stock, in multiple calibers and expense. They only sent extras of the cheapest pellets in my complete order rather than covering each different pellet type that had qualifying quantities.
I chewed them out and told them that AoA never treated me that way!

I was fed up with right and left misses out at long range when I miss judged cant so I researched and bought an MTD (Send It) electronic level. I also purchased an MTD 90 degree mount, and a dovetail to Picatinny mount, so that I could use it on my HW97K.
20240916_192717.jpg

This level is quite sensitive.
I hung a weight from a tree to set my scope alignment so that the plum Bob, and the Send It unit were in agreement. I didn't have much time for testing before it got dark.
20240904_184238.jpg

I mounted the level to be in my porifial vision without taking my eyes off of the target. That mounting position will to some extent block the veiw of the parallax turret.
All in all, so far so good.
I'm looking forward to getting some more time on it.
👍

Last edited:
Reactions: 88turbocoupe
You have to watch them! 👀
They'll get over on you.
For example I ordered pellets for stock, in multiple calibers and expense. They only sent extras of the cheapest pellets in my complete order rather than covering each different pellet type that had qualifying quantities.
I chewed them out and told them that AoA never treated me that way!
That's how it's always been though, regardless of what ammo you get, the cheapest ones will be the one that get offered for free first.

Last edited:
Reactions: .20calguy
That's how it's always been though, regardless of what ammo you get, the cheapest ones will be the one that get offered for free first.

Shot about 200rds with the notos yesterday, removed 83 iguanas total, and several giant cuban anoles
You should try AoA. It used to be 4 for the price of 3, but it is 5 for 4, these days. If you buy 4 of any ammo they will give you 5 tins of that ammo.

Reactions: BABz58
2 Alfa precision barrels delivered today.
The hammer forged finish almost looks like carbon fibre. Interesting 😎.
A .177 slug barrel for me plus a .25 for @ the punisher. He is doing the machine work.

View attachment 496538
Very interesting surface from the hammer blows
i hope it's been annealed, that "Looks" stressed! :unsure: .. reminds me of a forged cable damascus pattern
Should look awesome when fitted!
Mike

Very interesting surface from the hammer blows
i hope it's been annealed, that "Looks" stressed! :unsure: .. reminds me of a forged cable damascus pattern
Should look awesome when fitted!
Mike
Probably not stressed, now a bit of prep has started it's simply looking like a decorative finish.
Barrel has been slugged, bore and outer under microscope inspection. I'm happy.

As a fellow metal worker, annealing appears to be well above par. Overall quality I'm definitely happy. A very.consistant tolerance throughout the barrel

Life and experiment's.. 😉

For the price, so far I'm impressed. If it's crap, a few decorative knives will be manipulated out of the scrap.