What driveway dinger?

I will say that there is a slight delay with the live view. But it's nothing crazy, and this camera is rechargeable so it the battery ever gets low you can take it off, charge it for an hour or so and it'll be good to go. I've gone about 2 to 3 weeks without charging it and I get thirty to fifty dings a day.

I think it'll capture it just fine.
Mines going to be pointed at a can of sardines that is strategically placed 30 yds from my back door where all I have to do is open it enough to poke the taipan out-lol

mine turns on when it hear something outside of the norm even if not on camera yet.

Mines going to be pointed at a can of sardines that is strategically placed 30 yds from my back door where all I have to do is open it enough to poke the taipan out-lol
I have mine 12 inches from my rat bait station, open sliding glass door, put Prod on tripod with y-yoke, have a red LED floodlight facing station plus Prod has a red LED flashlight 15yds....pop...😂👍

Good morning,

I am needing a driveway dinger for the coons here at the house. Just something to mount on a Tpost or something. It will be basically in my backyard probably 30yds. I am going to bait them they are robbing the coop and I'm not sitting all night so need some help. I don't need a fancy one I will be well within range for the part that plugs in inside the house. Just wanting something weatherproof. I will probably take it down when I'm not using the bait station. Going to give the pard some use

Thanks
Jon
Harbor freight

Reactions: Bandito
OK,.... WiFi and these cameras (trail cams or security).

My target zone is likely 75' from my computer and WiFi. I do not have a cell phone.
I'd like to capture video of encroaching rodents, and, be able to see the videos from my computer station.
The camera placement will likely be close to the target zone.

Can these things be operated on a demand basis; IOW, can I just log onto the computer, and, open an app that allows me to watch in real time?
Would a doorbell cam be better than a trail cam?
My nighttime spying window is next to Sarges bed, and she does not care to have this battlefield playing out in stereo, from right w/ the pop shot, to left backstop pop; nor does she like me hanging out at the window, and having her waking up to seeing a large man at the window.

off to Winco for the weekly food gathering,.....

Last edited:
Sardines are a poor choice as they go rancid quickly and lose their appeal. Cat food and Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake will hold up better and still maintain an attractive odor.

Sardines are a poor choice as they go rancid quickly and lose their appeal. Cat food and Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake will hold up better and still maintain an attractive odor.
When I used to trap them with coon cuffs we used marshmallows and Captain crunch cereal. The sardine thing is just going to be put out for the night and thrown away the next day or when I'm done hunting that night. The creek is half mile away that they're coming from so if they don't show up that night I can't leave the bait out because the chickens eat it all. Lol

OK,.... WiFi and these cameras (trail cams or security).

My target zone is likely 75' from my computer and WiFi. I do not have a cell phone.
I'd like to capture video of encroaching rodents, and, be able to see the videos from my computer station.
The camera placement will likely be close to the target zone.

Can these things be operated on a demand basis; IOW, can I just log onto the computer, and, open an app that allows me to watch in real time?
Would a doorbell cam be better than a trail cam?
My nighttime spying window is next to Sarges bed, and she does not care to have this battlefield playing out in stereo, from right w/ the pop shot, to left backstop pop; nor does she like me hanging out at the window, and having her waking up to seeing a large man at the window.

off to Winco for the weekly food gathering,.....
Moke, as long as you can upload the app for the doorcam, yes, you can tap live feed. When I get a push notification notifying me of a short video it took of something, I immediately go to live feed to see if the rat is stil eating so I don't go to shoot it and it has left, I keep it on live feed as I shoot it glancing down to make sure it hasn't hightailed it!

Reactions: Moke
I have a old arlo doorbell cam setup next to my bullet trap looking back along the back fence run. All the cats, possoms and coons travel.
Works great!

PXL_20240729_162202105.jpg