What is the normal size, of the hole, aperture, of a hunting sight. Thanks

I Was thinking back to when i 1st got into air rifle shooting earlier,
Can you guys and girls remember ! your 1st air rifle you owned.

I remember going to my local gunshop in worcester, and buying a Wembley eclipse underlever in .22 cal. Secondhand. With a 3x9x40 Simmons scope. Gunbag and a tin of pellets.

My friend who lived next door. Also brought himself a bsa airsport I think it was. And how we rushed home to zero and plink some targets in our gardens.

Thinking back to what we got upto as kids back then. In the 90s. To what the kids do In this day in age. They are all iPhone and games consoles now. I definitely think they are missing out ;)

What's your 1st memory of getting into shooting.

Good post, I remember making rubber band guns taking a broom handle, attaching clothes line pins for hunting flys and grasshoppers. Then advanced to making sling shots out of coat hangers and rubber bands. The ammo we used was called hooks we'd cut and form them out of the farmers chicken wire fencing. I plead the 5th on the fencing 🫢, mainly used for birds. Then one Christmas not sure what year my brother and I shared a lever action 30-30 looking BB gun in which I accidently shot out the big front plate glass window in our living room ☹️. The good ole days, a long long time ago.

Whamo slingshot followed by a Wrist Rocket. Used to go to the Police pistol range to scour the backstop for spent 38 special bullets for slingshot ammo. Finally managed to convince my brother to sell me his Crossman 140 which was originally my Dad's. Remember my Dad using the 140 to make consistent pigeon head shots off a Church roof using iron sights. Never seen him shoot it before but he was a farm boy and had grown up with guns. I took over the pigeon shooting at the church when I finally was able to afford a springer. However a dead pigeon I shot spiraled down from the top of the church steeple and fell dead at the feet of this girl that lived in the adjacent house. She called the police and they stopped me. I would prefer a pigeon shoot to a deer or elk hunt. I finally found me a Crossman 140 of the same variant my dad had on Airgun Classifieds. Always brings back good memories shooting it. Now looking for the model of the Diana springer I had as a boy.

I Was thinking back to when i 1st got into air rifle shooting earlier,
Can you guys and girls remember ! your 1st air rifle you owned.

I remember going to my local gunshop in worcester, and buying a Wembley eclipse underlever in .22 cal. Secondhand. With a 3x9x40 Simmons scope. Gunbag and a tin of pellets.

My friend who lived next door. Also brought himself a bsa airsport I think it was. And how we rushed home to zero and plink some targets in our gardens.

Thinking back to what we got upto as kids back then. In the 90s. To what the kids do In this day in age. They are all iPhone and games consoles now. I definitely think they are missing out ;)

What's your 1st memory of getting into shooting.

I recall years ago when shooting long range BPCR we had adjustable eye pieces called a Hadley Eyepiece. Work great as it offered many different sizes by thumbing through about 10 different size holes. I'm not sure there is a specific size for hunting. Usually though the hunting ones were larger than the target ones. That's the nice thing about the Hadley, you could select the size that fit your vision and the job and distance you needed it for. Usually depends on the range you shooting at, the farther the game is away the smaller the aperture you need.