N/A What is this?

Does anyone know what this pistol is? It’s a CO2 bb pistol. It has cool blow back action. Quite accurate. Easy to hit a soda can hard at 25 yards. No markings at all.
A901ED21-7939-48A8-93D1-38D93D31751A.jpeg

Reactions: cjtamu and Ajith
I've seen the same blowback .177 1911A1 sold under a variety of brand names. Marflow mentioned Tanfoglio. I've also seen it sold under the Colt, Auto-Ordinance, and Air Venturi brands. I believe a couple of years ago it was Auto-Ordinance that sold the unmarked "Distressed and Weathered WWII" version you have. To the best of my knowledge they are all made by Umarex, and are a good quality reliable gun.

ETA: Yeah, I remember one of the selling points of the Auto-Ordinance weathered WWII version was that the gun field stripped just like the real 1911A1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
my guess would be one of these that have been reliced, with a grip change
https://www.pyramydair.com/product/tanfoglio-witness-1911-co2-bb-pistol-brown-grips?m=2534#5044
Good guess marflow 777. Bought the Tangfolio from Pyramyd Air way back when they first came out. Love to shoot this gun. Never liked all the script. I’ve been building my fathers WWII memorabilia collection and sometimes remove the authentic 1911A1 Colt when leaving and wanted something for a place holder. Decided to age the Tangfolio. Wanted to show how cool these guns could look if any was interested. Thought I’d test y’all. You passed the test.
529365C7-65D7-4CE3-8321-52C1960795F1.jpeg

Reactions: Northwoods22
Good guess marflow 777. Bought the Tangfolio from Pyramyd Air way back when they first came out. Love to shoot this gun. Never liked all the script. I’ve been building my fathers WWII memorabilia collection and sometimes remove the authentic 1911A1 Colt when leaving and wanted something for a place holder. Decided to age the Tangfolio. Wanted to show how cool these guns could look if any was interested. Thought I’d test y’all. You passed the test. View attachment 383872

Haha! You did a good job, the metal looks great. And the grips really look like old walnut. Are they actual wood 1911 grips?

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
Haha! You did a good job, the metal looks great. And the grips really look like old walnut. Are they actual wood 1911 grips?
Thanks. The grips are cheap Walnut fleBay ones. I love 1911’s. Used this Tangfolio as a practice gun. I want to age a Tisas 1911A1 Army. They just came out with a reproduction Remington Rand with the government markings. Thought I would try my hand on this one first. Should have done it years ago. They really age out very well. Looks very realistic.

Thanks. The grips are cheap Walnut fleBay ones. I love 1911’s. Used this Tangfolio as a practice gun. I want to age a Tisas 1911A1 Army. They just came out with a reproduction Remington Rand with the government markings. Thought I would try my hand on this one first. Should have done it years ago. They really age out very well. Looks very realistic.
I checked out a Tisas 1911 "Tanker" with the Commander length slide at the local gun shop. Nice gun and very affordable. I have a .45acp Giles Match and a Colt Gold Cup. Those are full on target guns, and I've always wanted just a plain-jane Parkerized WWII spec 1911A1. Might have to get a Tisas.

I checked out a Tisas 1911 "Tanker" with the Commander length slide at the local gun shop. Nice gun and very affordable. I have a .45acp Giles Match and a Colt Gold Cup. Those are full on target guns, and I've always wanted just a plain-jane Parkerized WWII spec 1911A1. Might have to get a Tisas.
Sorry all. A bit off subject.
I’ve got five Tisas’s. They are an unbelievable bargain. Check out Family Firearms. The new released Army “Government Property” Parkerized, Walnut grips, 2 magazines, waterproof case, is $387.99, $19.99 shipping, no sales tax (outside Alabama) no CC fees. The Tisas is a hammer forged frame, slide, barrel, and all internal small parts. Except the spring retaining cap. If you order today, it will be at your ffl Wednesday. These guys are awesome.
5AFAC427-A000-4B5D-9D69-5A3D0FEE77CF.jpeg
2ACAA67B-9735-439D-8832-4C0F4F87A135.jpeg