N/A What is your "coolest" springer...?

Just speaking for myself, it's probably this one: a Diana Model 50b in .177 that is new to me but has seen plenty of use, and is still tight and accurate. It comes from a time when factory made meant produced by seasoned pro's and still involved plenty of personal skill. There are many things you can't see in the pic - the most excellent rear sight (removed to make room for the Weaver K3-W), the four post front sight, the still airtight fitment of the loading tap (!), the contoured and checkered underlever, the 3 ball bearing trigger, etc. Leather seals and all, it is a truly fine rifle that really does it for me. I wish I had been alive when they were new, to have bought one in each caliber!

So, it's show-and-tell time.... whatcha got?

Screenshot_20240902_175343_Gallery.jpg

My coolest ones might be Webley Mk 3's - a Supertarget and a couple sporters. I love the lean styling, the balanced handling, and they are great fun to shoot. The build quality makes even my beloved vintage HW 55's seem a little tinny; judging by posts on UK forums, the Mk 3's survival rate is astonishing.

IMG_1507.jpeg

And...they sent me down the happy side rabbit hole of Parker-Hale sights, little masterpieces of engineering art In their own right.

IMG_1510.jpeg

IMG_2756.jpeg

IMG_2762.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess it's this because the fellow who did it is gone: Harlan Howe, gunsmith on Long Island, NY from 1940-70's, specialized in high end Mauser sporters, some Pennsylvania rifles, high end custom guns in general. This was his personal airgun. It's an early 300S.
L1010330.jpeg

Last edited: