N/A What is your "coolest" springer...?

Pics or it never happened 😂😂

1725478303845.png

Just speaking for myself, it's probably this one: a Diana Model 50b in .177 that is new to me but has seen plenty of use, and is still tight and accurate. It comes from a time when factory made meant produced by seasoned pro's and still involved plenty of personal skill. There are many things you can't see in the pic - the most excellent rear sight (removed to make room for the Weaver K3-W), the four post front sight, the still airtight fitment of the loading tap (!), the contoured and checkered underlever, the 3 ball bearing trigger, etc. Leather seals and all, it is a truly fine rifle that really does it for me. I wish I had been alive when they were new, to have bought one in each caliber!

So, it's show-and-tell time.... whatcha got?

View attachment 493335
Going to be my tricked out prosport.✅
IMG_7258.jpeg

I guess it's this because the fellow who did it is gone: Harlan Howe, gunsmith on Long Island, NY from 1940-70's, specialized in high end Mauser sporters, some Pennsylvania rifles, hi end custom guns in general. This was his personal airgun. It's an early 300SView attachment 493394...
This little stunner is somewhere on the other side of "exquisite." WOW.

I have often wondered why FWB themselves didn't offer a high-end sporter based on the recoilless 150/300/300S; or maybe even better, the lighter recoiling 110 action. We think of target rifles as "low-powered," but of course they are right at the German legal limit.