N/A What is your "coolest" springer...?

My all-time favorite airgun is Weihrauch's HW 55 target rifle. They've always seemed kinda cool to me, and I've collected them for many years. These four are from the model's early days: cast metal buttplates, short rear receiver sections, and solid steel sights. None of them have a Rekord trigger, which first came along in the late '50's. I don't believe they share any parts with the later 55's that we are more familiar with, from ARH and Beeman days.

IMG_4269.jpeg

IMG_4270.jpeg

Last edited:
My all-time favorite airgun is the Weihrauch HW 55 target rifle. They've always seemed kinda cool to me, and I've collected them for many years. These four are from the model's early days - note the cast metal buttplates, short rear receiver sections, and solid steel sights. None of them have a Rekord trigger, which first came along in the late '50's. I don't believe they share any parts with the later 55's that we are more familiar with from ARH and Beeman days.

View attachment 499209

View attachment 499208

Serial no. 662 is my oldest HW.

View attachment 499211
Love that DST Mike!!!! The rest make one of the best HW55 collections around. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: MDriskill
Allot of cool air rifles in this thread, most very beautiful and many very rare, I own a few Weirauch rifles and a whole bunch of budget priced air guns, but my coolest (in my opinion is a very plain not so rare break barrel springer made by Crosman, it sports a plain Birchwood stock, but the bluing and finish on the rifle is excellent, it's a Vantage model in .177 cal.
I purchased the Vantage new a little over two years ago, the trigger was awful out of the box and the bundle scope was junk as is the case with most low priced air gun packages, I was able to modify the trigger from about seven pounds down to one pound four ounces, the barrel was cruddy from the factory but cleaned up well in short order.
The main reason for buying this rifle (I'm normally very picky about my choices) was that I view a video from one of my favorite U-Tubers at myairgunreviews by Kenny Kormondy, he called it a "Gem In The Rough", he usually sold the guns that he reviewed to keep his channel going, but this one was headed for his safe, A Keeper he said of it.
I was so impressed by his video that I found a deal on one at MidWayUSA for $99.00, Well Kenny wasn't far off the mark, the trigger was poor, the scope was junk, and after the trigger was smoothed out and a new optic installed my Crosman Vantage was a winner, after I got it sighted in my adult son and I were shooting on our back yard range at wooden match sticks and playing cards on edge at 35 yds., I was calling my shots and hitting them consistently, my son was shooting his favorite PCP rifle and I was giving him a run for his money, to say that he was impressed is an understatement.
Anyhow, that in my opinion is my coolest special air rifle, which proves to me that you can't always judge an air rifle by the name on it's box. :cool:

Allot of cool air rifles in this thread, most very beautiful and many very rare, I own a few Weirauch rifles and a whole bunch of budget priced air guns, but my coolest (in my opinion is a very plain not so rare break barrel springer made by Crosman, it sports a plain Birchwood stock, but the bluing and finish on the rifle is excellent, it's a Vantage model in .177 cal.
I purchased the Vantage new a little over two years ago, the trigger was awful out of the box and the bundle scope was junk as is the case with most low priced air gun packages, I was able to modify the trigger from about seven pounds down to one pound four ounces, the barrel was cruddy from the factory but cleaned up well in short order.
The main reason for buying this rifle (I'm normally very picky about my choices) was that I view a video from one of my favorite U-Tubers at myairgunreviews by Kenny Kormondy, he called it a "Gem In The Rough", he usually sold the guns that he reviewed to keep his channel going, but this one was headed for his safe, A Keeper he said of it.
I was so impressed by his video that I found a deal on one at MidWayUSA for $99.00, Well Kenny wasn't far off the mark, the trigger was poor, the scope was junk, and after the trigger was smoothed out and a new optic installed my Crosman Vantage was a winner, after I got it sighted in my adult son and I were shooting on our back yard range at wooden match sticks and playing cards on edge at 35 yds., I was calling my shots and hitting them consistently, my son was shooting his favorite PCP rifle and I was giving him a run for his money, to say that he was impressed is an understatement.
Anyhow, that in my opinion is my coolest special air rifle, which proves to me that you can't always judge an air rifle by the name on it's box. :cool:
He has some cool videos.