What is your Favorite Air Tank Range Bag?

I was too hard to justify the large prices of some bags, but I found this from others here. Works great. Inexpensive. Large enough to move my range stuff onto it, instead of carrying a second range bag.
I got my Tiger Shark bottle (with armor) in there easily with rear bags, towel, chrono, ammo, notebooks and targets, etc.

View attachment 468570
I have a DeWalt bag just like that. They work fantastic to carry air rifle stuff. It was my range bag for PB’s back when I went to a range. They are made to carry weight, so really hold up. I’ve been using mine for 10+ years.

I was wanting a Diamond tank bag; I like the size of it, and it seems to be well thought out and made. But it's not being made anymore. I like the Armageddon bag and the saber tactical one as well, but I don't like the size. I decided to try the dynamic tank bag. I've taken it out in the field twice now and it's just right for the things that I need. I have taken a K.I.S.S approach to my air gunning accessories, after going way overboard on a stroller/gun cart build. 🙃

Reactions: maxtrouble
Awesome!
let me know how you like it, mine is working out great.

Received my Dynamic bag last week and placed my small tank into it. I like the cup at the bottom and the shoulder strap. My old tank holder had sharp plastic feet and no shoulder strap. Was always getting caught on stuff in my trunk. Going to take it for a spin this weekend and put it through it's paces. So far, so good.

Received my Dynamic bag last week and placed my small tank into it. I like the cup at the bottom and the shoulder strap. My old tank holder had sharp plastic feet and no shoulder strap. Was always getting caught on stuff in my trunk. Going to take it for a spin this weekend and put it through it's paces. So far, so good.

@maxtrouble Can you post pics when you have a moment?

@Ezana4CE - Some pictures of the Dynamics bag. The only detractor I can find is the zippers are not the most robust looking. Time will tell.

IMG_2091.jpeg
IMG_2092.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg
IMG_2096.jpeg

CAMPLEX

Covers valve and reasonable cost. That's why I got it. If it's not covering the valve, it's worthless in my opinion.
@Harv24 Good point. Where’d you get yours? Any vendors in the US?

I haven’t found anything besides articles on this bag. Their site doesn’t appear to be up, nor do I see them anywhere else.

WWW.CAMPLEXBAGS.COM

If anyone finds a place that sells Camplex bags please post a link.

Last edited:
CAMPLEX

Covers valve and reasonable cost. That's why I got it. If it's not covering the valve, it's worthless in my opinion.

I have had my tanks for five years and my valve has never been covered. When I go shooting my tank rides in my trunk surrounded by shooting gear. Never an issue. Once I arrive, my tank is always on a bench or table, no ham fisted power tool users present.

Why does the valve have to be covered? Are you throwing your air tanks around? Shoot at a circus? I am curious why the extra protection is needed.

I have had my tanks for five years and my valve has never been covered. When I go shooting my tank rides in my trunk surrounded by shooting gear. Never an issue. Once I arrive, my tank is always on a bench or table, no ham fisted power tool users present.

Why does the valve have to be covered? Are you throwing your air tanks around? Shoot at a circus? I am curious why the extra protection is needed.
The weakest point of a highly pressurized 4500 PSI tank is the valve. Just because you have not had an accident in 5 years doesn't mean it won't happen tomorrow.

You can run a red light and not get in an accident, doesn't make it a good idea. Others can spend twice the money and get half the protection.

I haven't got in a car accident in 44 years , but I've been paying for insurance the whole time. Luck favors the prepared.

I was too hard to justify the large prices of some bags, but I found this from others here. Works great. Inexpensive. Large enough to move my range stuff onto it, instead of carrying a second range bag.
I got my Tiger Shark bottle (with armor) in there easily with rear bags, towel, chrono, ammo, notebooks and targets, etc.

View attachment 468570
I agree. This life-style is expensive already. I just couldn't justify a purpose built bag, so I took one of my old milwaukee bags and some foam from a trash pile at a job site and made mine work. So far so good and everything fits.

I agree. This life-style is expensive already. I just couldn't justify a purpose built bag, so I took one of my old milwaukee bags and some foam from a trash pile at a job site and made mine work. So far so good and everything fits.
@NorCalDoc831 Hey whatever works. The same can be done with old rucksacks/seabags and foam padding. The foam that comes with SCBA tanks when they’re shipped out works well for the ends. Rucksacks can be found at military surplus or secondhand stores around the USA if you haven’t or don’t know someone who has served and is willing to part with one. The backpack straps come in handy. The material is pretty sturdy, but will wear through in time with a decent amount of use.

Reactions: NorCalDoc831
@NorCalDoc831 Hey whatever works. The same can be done with old rucksacks/seabags and foam padding. The foam that comes with SCBA tanks when they’re shipped out works well for the ends. Rucksacks can be found at military surplus or secondhand stores around the USA if you haven’t or don’t know someone who has served and is willing to part with one. The material is pretty sturdy, but will wear through in time with a decent amount of use.
Great ideas. Maybe I'll dig mine out and mess around with setting it up. I knew I hung on to my old gear for something!

Reactions: Ezana4CE