What moderator for Daystate Wolverine .25

My Daystate Huntsman .22 from AofA came with a 0db. After watching the the video on moderator comparison/testing I bought the longer model for my RAW HM1000x. Pleased with it on that rifle as well.
The Huntsman has a model 110C and the RAW has a model 160S. The 160S is a bit longer. Being the RAW is a more powerful rifle I figured the 160S would be a better choice. I have not tried the 110C on the RAW yet for comparison.

Reactions: T&J2002
I'd look into the Huggett Magna or Mini-Magna - I read somewhere that Huggett created the magna per request from Daystate to quiet down the .303 Wolverine, so it should be a good fit.

I use a Mini-Magna on my .22 Huben and am very happy with it. I also tried a Huma 40 Compact and a Donny FL Tatsu, and found they all gave about the same level as measured by a phone app, but the Huggett gave a better sound quality and a bit better accuracy too.

The Wolverine HP is indeed large (and loud) but with a moderator it will become unusable large (and as a consequence, silent).
Well, today I mounted a moderator to my Woverine HP .25 Cal and give it a try.

I needed to made small clicks adjustment to the scope but I notice two remarkable points:

1.- The Wolverine became indeed silent; and

2.- The accuracy is outstanding !! ..... I was shooting at 80 yards and the rifle was pinpoint with JSB 25.4 grain.

I liked it !!!

Which Moderator did you get?
I bought this one sone years ago and I use it very few times.

187963B9-E1FC-4F42-92C1-50C1EF5730DC.jpeg

Reactions: cavedweller
I bought a Huggett Astille from Penchetta Pen and Knife (best price I have seen online) and it is super quiet on my .20 Huntsman.
Update: Added the Astille "cone" and the gun is now free of any pneumatic sound. Just a click. Very backyard friendly. The stock Daystate moderator was rather loud.

Last edited: