N/A What Next?

Ok, so I started out this airgun adventure with .22 cal R9 back in 2007. I went the HW springer route. I have never owned a pen Air Arms springer. I’m itching for something new (springer) so I was considering adding another .22 cal HW gun in to the mix. Now I came up with the idea of trying out an Air Arms springer.

what are some of your thoughts or ideas on the subject? If YOU were to look at a new sprin gun what would YOU be considering?

Im just back a backyard safari hunter hunting paper and reactive targets for fun so I have no real “need” to fill with a new gun other than my own personal entertainment.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas! 👊🏼

IMG_3845.jpeg

You should check out TRR
Tacoma Rifle and Revolver club.

I started shooting air rifle there about 22? years ago? Almost 9-10 years before you got your R9. There's still a small core of airgun fanatics there.

Dave Brown runs the Field Target club at Tacoma/University Place. I'm sure someone here can put you in touch with him.

There's a few quality springers floating around the Pacific Northwest. I know because I sold some before I moved South.

Minimally, you'll be able to try before you buy ... Don't know if you've owned Air Arms springers. Don't know if you had good experience with Air Arms.
I'm probably biased for suggesting this...I would buy use and get an Air Arms TX200.

Last edited:
Never owned one but I have heard alot of good things about the Diana 54, Its a power house so if I was to get one it would be .22
I did own a Diana 34 I bought at a pawn shop, that gun was a laser. I loaned it to a "friend" and he moved outta state with it lol. I also had a Diana 48 .177 Way too much power for that caliber.

You should check out TRR
Tacoma Rifle and Revolver club.

I started shooting air rifle there about 22? years ago? Almost 9-10 years before you got your R9. There's still a small core of airgun fanatics there.

Dave Brown runs the Field Target club at Tacoma/University Place. I'm sure someone here can put you in touch with him.

There's a few quality springers floating around the Pacific Northwest. I know because I sold some before I moved South.

Minimally, you'll be able to try before you buy ... Don't know if you've owned Air Arms springers. Don't know if you had good experience with Air Arms.
I'm probably biased for suggesting this...I would buy use and get an Air Arms TX200.
I shot HFT at TRRC once a few years ago. I think J.D. Dodge (?) was running it then? It’s been a while and I may have the name incorrect. I work Saturday afternoons so I only tried it once. I have a family and it makes for a long day if I shoot in the AM and rush off to work in the PM.
I’ll put a vote down for the TX. Thank you!

I had a .177 cal HW97K that was a phenomenal shooter. I sold it like a dummy. 😬 It was a PIG 🐖! When I say pig I mean it was heavy. Definitely helped with shooting stability but unfortunately it was just not a gun a gravitated towards. If I could have it back I would take it. Now that I write this I am really kicking myself (again) for selling it. It went to a good home though.

IMG_0469.jpeg

First random lame thought is if you want the HW77 in .22, put up a WTB ad specifying wanting the older style stock. Might well be someone out there that has one they'll sell you. Same with the 97 you're now kicking yourself for selling and at least buying from a member here, you know you'll get a very well taken care of rifle.
As far as new rifles? I'm like most, always looking and one I keep coming back to is the new Cometa 400 series rifles. Yes, Cometa and said by the guy who owns 9 German made rifles. They've been getting solid reviews both here in the US and across the pond from shooters in the UK forums who can be even more finicky about their rifles than we are, for both accuracy and build quality.
Only things I'm down to are money of course, caliber choice and which stock: Beech, Walnut or Laminate although I really like how their Laminates look, especially the Blue ones on the new Anniversary Editions they now have out.

I have an HW97K, an HW50s, an HW80 (Beeman R!) and a AirArms TX200, all in .22 cal. I can tell you with complete confidence that either of those choices are good ones. I'm a decent shooter and I will never be able to extract the accuracy consistently that these rifles are capable of delivering.

Air Arms spring guns get very high praise, and I very much doubt that you'd regret buying one. They are move expensive than HW guns, but I don't get the sense that cost alone is driving your purchase decision. It certainly does not drive mine, given that spring guns have the highest enjoyment/cost ratio of almost anything I own. I own a pro sport in .177 and quite a few HW spring guns. The PS is my most accurate gun, but heavy and best shot off a rest. Good luck choosing.
R

First random lame thought is if you want the HW77 in .22, put up a WTB ad specifying wanting the older style stock. Might well be someone out there that has one they'll sell you. Same with the 97 you're now kicking yourself for selling and at least buying from a member here, you know you'll get a very well taken care of rifle.
As far as new rifles? I'm like most, always looking and one I keep coming back to is the new Cometa 400 series rifles. Yes, Cometa and said by the guy who owns 9 German made rifles. They've been getting solid reviews both here in the US and across the pond from shooters in the UK forums who can be even more finicky about their rifles than we are, for both accuracy and build quality.
Only things I'm down to are money of course, caliber choice and which stock: Beech, Walnut or Laminate although I really like how their Laminates look, especially the Blue ones on the new Anniversary Editions they now have out.
I’m leaning towards the idea of the 77 in .22. Posting a WTB ad is most likely what I’ll do once I cement my decision. I really shouldn’t even be considering another AG but it beats hanging out at the bar or smoking so… 😎

I’m leaning towards the idea of the 77 in .22. Posting a WTB ad is most likely what I’ll do once I cement my decision. I really shouldn’t even be considering another AG but it beats hanging out at the bar or smoking so… 😎
Gave up drugs in 1985. Gave up drinking in 1998. Shouldn't have considered half the rifles I now own but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have my R1 .20 Laser, R8 .177 or the R7 .177 to name just a few...lol.
The Cometa? Don't really need one of those either but have a picture of a Blue Laminate one in .25 caliber in my head, then maybe a .22 in Walnut. There are others but those 2 will be way easier to get than a couple on my bucket list.

All right then, without reading the above posts and having many of both English and German air guns,my thoughts, English is better finished and just as good as German.I have way more English PCP I love em....the wood and blue finish on English is superior,the triggers are great. Both Country's air guns are accurate and have more choices in German brands..R-9 is great,the HW97 is heavy,also great; I like the 77 more. I would try to get the Web
002.JPG
ley Tomahawk or Longbow. The AA are refined,but now are costing quite a bit more. The English air guns are getting expensive,buy one soon:ROFLMAO:

All right then, without reading the above posts and having many of both English and German air guns,my thoughts, English is better finished and just as good as German.I have way more English PCP I love em....the wood and blue finish on English is superior,the triggers are great. Both Country's air guns are accurate and have more choices in German brands..R-9 is great,the HW97 is heavy,also great; I like the 77 more. I would try to get the WebView attachment 485965ley Tomahawk or Longbow. The AA are refined,but now are costing quite a bit more. The English air guns are getting expensive,buy one soon:ROFLMAO:
nice!

The TX is probably as heavy as the 97 and just as accurate. Loading the TX and 97 is night and day for me. The 97 is so much more generous for loading space. And no bear trap. I find releasing the cocking arm on the TX’s tight to release, where the 97 you push a button and it pops open. I don’t shoot my TX’s much in winter for this reason.
The TX has more jewelry and looks good, but doesn’t hold a candle to a Pro Sport. I find the PS far easier to use. It’s a different animal but can easily adjust to it. The TX’s and PS’s are so easy to work on.
The 77’s are almost sacred. Nice to get the iron sights. And I like the long barrel. Like the looks of the carbine but prefer the ease of the long arm.
All the guns mentioned are accurate. Good luck. Crow
PS. Can’t beat a break barrel for plinking.