N/A What Next?

It was a toss up between the TX200 and a 97k for me.

The AA is a beautiful rascal. Its pretty expensive. I'm not cheap but I am thrify. I bought a 97kt with a synthetic stock in .22. It was a lot less money.

It's crazy accurate. I love it. No worries about beating up the stock. It's too heavy for an offhand gun but rested it's hard to beat.

If a TX200 is actually more accurate it couldn't be much. I shoot sitting on a lawn chair rested on a camera tripod. The 97k will shoot under 1/2 at 25 and about 1.5 at 70. It shoots 12 gauge shells at 90 yards better than 50/50. Shooting off bags from a proper table it would do better. So it's no joke.

It's easier to shoot consistently than my HW95 but overall accuracy is about the same. It's just heavier and more stable off a rest. I'm really pleased with it.

Last edited:
You might not like the weight and the fiddley loading of an underlever. I don't. I have some and never shoot them. Too much poking around to cock and load. Have a side lever, too. Hold the lever with your elbow while you try loading it. Naw. It just sits there. I'll sell it. Maybe when I'm 85 and want to sit at a bench and only shoot 10 pellets an hour.
Break barrels for me, thank you
Yank the barrel, push in a pellet, slam it, aim, and shoot. Repeat

You might not like the weight and the fiddley loading of an underlever. I don't. I have some and never shoot them. Too much poking around to cock and load. Have a side lever, too. Hold the lever with your elbow while you try loading it. Naw. It just sits there. I'll sell it. Maybe when I'm 85 and want to sit at a bench and only shoot 10 pellets an hour.
Break barrels for me, thank you
Yank the barrel, push in a pellet, slam it, aim, and shoot. Repeat
the weight is the main reason I like break barrels over lever action.

Reactions: Greenarrow
Buy what you want ... Thing is you never know till you try and asking and wondering here dont go far in to that ..lol

I prefer hw . Mainly most of there models have sights . That's one fail point of an air arms . Stranded to optics .. that's not for me ..
That’s just it… I WANT them all! 😆😎👊🏼

Good point on the sights. That is a part of why I’m leaning towards the 77 in .22. I would have the option of sights or scope. I already have the 77 in .177 and know that I like it. I could even buy new and swap out the stock. I have a grey laminate blank that I already had planned for the 77 so…. 🤔🤠

That’s just it… I WANT them all! 😆😎👊🏼

Good point on the sights. That is a part of why I’m leaning towards the 77 in .22. I would have the option of sights or scope. I already have the 77 in .177 and know that I like it. I could even buy new and swap out the stock. I have a grey laminate blank that I already had planned for the 77 so…. 🤔🤠
I'd love a good 77 but it keeps eluding me . Lol. Like the song says 🎵you can't always get what you want 🎶

Lol....

But ya, it be choice over a hw97 just on the sight option ..

Brett FWIW, I have purchased 2 HW 77’s, HW 97, AA ProSport and a AA TX 200HC.
Tuned them all to shoot .177 cal pellets very well …. and then gradually sold them all because a lack of use. They were all accurate, but I never really liked the clunkiness/finickiness of an underlever.
Breakbarrels for me …………

But then again, I felt I was missing something unless I tried them.
It‘s human nature to think the grass can always be “greener”.

I have the same thoughts about getting an FX Impact 4 ……………when I already have 3 RAW HM100X’s. The underlever springers are a good reminder to work on my shooting skills instead of buying/learning/tuning another gun :).

Last edited:
I have had two TX200's, full size and HC. I have a tuned HW9K7, a Diana 54, a Beeman R7 ( a real sweetheart). An FWB 124D I bought in 1979. The newer FWB Sport rifle in .177. But the 97K and my HW98 are the most accurate. All of them are tuned, but the last mentioned are very accurate and so smooth.

I have had two TX200's, full size and HC. I have a tuned HW9K7, a Diana 54, a Beeman R7 ( a real sweetheart). An FWB 124D I bought in 1979. The newer FWB Sport rifle in .177. But the 97K and my HW98 are the most accurate. All of them are tuned, but the last mentioned are very accurate and so smooth.
Yeah, I still have 11 other Weihrauch break barrels which are very accurate and more fun to shoot.
However, if Brett got an AA and didn’t like it, he likely could sell it for almost what he paid. Since his tuning/woodworking skills are excellent, he could get top dollar upon resale and would only be losing his time.

Let me throw my 02 in. I'm not a break barrel guy, I've only owned a R1 carbine in 22, sold long ago. It was pretty accurate at closer ranges, but it never grew on me. Although I would like to try a HW50 or a 30.
I am a 💯under lever guy, I'm different from others because I don't think the 97K is too heavy, and with a light weight scope it can be shot off hand. I would think the synthetic stock would be even better for off hand, but maybe front heavy.
I can load and shoot under levers pretty fast, so that's just a learning curve.
I have a 97K and a prosport in .177, they are both sweet shooters. I will say the prosport is bigger and bulkier and takes some getting use to, to cock and load, but it is a awesome piece of engineering.
The 97K is more of a sleek design and way easier and faster to cock and load, also laser accurate, but the factory stock is lacking in looks. Hope to replace mine with walnut some day.
I had the 77K green laminate and while it was a nice rifle, it didn't compare to the aforementioned ones, so I sold it, also didn't spend as much time with it so that could factor as well.
Another that always interested me is the Diana 54 with the sled system, preferably the red laminate or the thumbhole model. They seem to be really accurate and strong in 177 or 22, although I'd op for .177 and heavy pellets. None are cheap, crazy prices for air rifles these days. You can buy nice PB's for the same money..lol.
It all comes down to your wants and wallet.😜
Here's some AA sweetness to think on...
IMG_7149.jpeg

Open sights is no longer an option for me, so take that into consideration.✌🏻

Yeah, I still have 11 other Weihrauch break barrels which are very accurate and more fun to shoot.
However, if Brett got an AA and didn’t like it, he likely could sell it for almost what he paid. Since his tuning/woodworking skills are excellent, he could get top dollar upon resale and would only be losing his time.
How does one lose time spent in a hobby ? losing track of time : yes i do that quite regularly. 😎😎😎

Lewis has a TX200SR for sale here. If I were looking at purchasing an AA rifle, I would buy it.
For those not in the know, these rare rifles (around 1500 were produced). The SR stands for Semi-Recoiless. This rifle uses the same "Sledge" style system as the FWB 300s and it's predecessors and the D54 Air King. The action literally moves on a slide to absorb recoil making for a smoother shot cycle. ( I'm sure other members can contribute more information as this description is skimming the surface.)
Not only is this a hard to find rifle....very few come up for sale....it's a fantastic shooter.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
KF

Last edited:
How does one lose time spent in a hobby ? losing track of time : yes i do that quite regularly. 😎😎😎
Every gun I buy gets the full tune treatment to make it the best it can be.
Also, selling/shipping/packaging takes time away from other things.
For guns I eventually sell, there’s likely 24 hours lost messing with it.

Reactions: .20calguy
Every gun I buy gets the full tune treatment to make it the best it can be.
Also, selling/shipping/packaging takes time away from other things.
For guns I eventually sell, there’s likely 24 hours lost messing with it.
but it is not lost , you made it a better tune , so you had fun doing that and shooting it when you were done . Self satisfaction . and it will sell faster now that it shoots smoother .
This reminds me of a guy in the stock market , whining about losing money that day , i ask him if he sold the stock for the lower price ? He replyed NO ! so i said he still had the stock for the price he paid for it just wait till it gains and sell later .

I really can't advise where you're headed.
I'm happy where I'm at.
I really think everyone needs an HW30, in your favorite caliber. Mine's a .20.
I first started looking at .20 cal 77s back in the early nineties, but wound up with the .20cal Twentieth Anniversary R1. That guy went in a house burglary. So recently that itch returned, and I bought the .20cal 97K blue lam. I shoot it primarily from the bench at 75y.
From the bench it is smooth handling, and can be shot semi rapid fire, but walking and shooting was clumsy for me. I haven't established a pattern for the guns cocking, loading and weight. Besides, if I want to walk and plink I'll shoot the the HW30. Lol

So?
It sounds like you have a few recommendations for, not just 97K, but specifically the .20 cal 97K.
I would add that recommendation too.
I'm sure we'll hear how this turns out.
All the best. 👍

but it is not lost , you made it a better tune , so you had fun doing that and shooting it when you were done . Self satisfaction . and it will sell faster now that it shoots smoother .
This reminds me of a guy in the stock market , whining about losing money that day , i ask him if he sold the stock for the lower price ? He replyed NO ! so i said he still had the stock for the price he paid for it just wait till it gains and sell later .
Yeah, I’ve tuned so many guns it’s gotten a little old, and no one pays more for a slightly used gun than a new one unless AZ tunes it😛. Not whining, but definitely a deterrent when buying/seeking a new gun ……. when you probably don’t need one.

ok if i was buying a used gun and had the choice of a stock or a tuned gun (depending on how it was tuned (tuned as you described you tune )
I would buy the tuned one even if older . We are talking springers right ?
BTW i only pay 2/3 to 3/4 of new for a used current production gun .

Yeah, I’ve tuned so many guns it’s gotten a little old, and no one pays more for a slightly used gun than a new one unless AZ tunes it😛. Not whining, but definitely a deterrent when buying/seeking a new gun ……. when you probably don’t need one.
I resemble that remark ... LOL

Funny thing tho, never read about an AZ tuned springer :oops:

My springer has mag wheels and wide rear tires. Skinny ones up front. Sidepipes. Fur on the dash.

It's injected with ported heads, 15:1 compression and a 1.20 top gear from a John Deere tractor. Lucifer wrote the code for the engine control module. It runs on aviation fuel and fear.

But it still goes "boing" when I pull the trigger. Should I tune it?