What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

Surely not my best target ever shot but I am so glad to be able to shoot 10-Meters in less than 100+ degree temperatures. A very mild 88f temp but with 10-15mph winds made it a bit of a challenge for my Diana Bandit .177 cal Pistol shooting Crosman Match Grade 7.9gr Wadcutter pellets. A score of 347 with 15 X’s is a good starting point for me to begin this Fall’s 10-Meter Competition shooting. Benchrest shooting using a Bi-pod and Jack Plate.

ThomasT
Diana Bandit 091223.1.jpg

Reactions: drpietrzak
Hello everyone,

Took advantage to shoot some more 10-Meter paper targets this simi-cool morning. As some of you know that I shoot from a Bench inside my house so the wind was mostly blocked by the house and was not a problem. I shot 5 times at each of the four Targets and was able to keep all 20 shots within the 10-Rings. I did shoot several other cards but the results were not as good.

ThomasT

Diana Bandit 09132023.1.jpg

Hello everyone,

Shooting indoors this morning with some beautiful and very much needed rain outside. Set up both of my Big Bang Pellet Traps inside my shop. Benchrest with the Diana Bandit .177 cal Pistol and shooting the 15-Foot Air Pistol Target Indoor. Shot all my targets a bit too fast today and my accuracy shows it.

ThomasT

Diana Bandit Indoor.1.jpg

Had some pretty calm conditions today so I got out the Crosman Challenger .177 for some pellet testing..

View attachment 389372
Hello @igolfat8

Several of those wadcutters look really good for 20-yard shots. The Crosman Challenger is a very accurate rifle with quite a few various pellets. I'm guessing that is a .25" circle so you have a lot of real good groups.

ThomasT

Hi @ThomasT, Since our outdoor BR season will be over in a couple of months I am testing this rifle for our indoor 50' BR season. Yes, this target is 1/4" circles. BTW this is 140 shots on about a 3/4 fill. This rifle is so stingy with air consumption and so much fun to shoot. However, these light little projectiles will move around significantly (outdoors) in just the slightest bit of breeze.

The CPHPs sort of showed some promise then WHAMO, one out in right field out of the blue??? I think its relative to head size because when I felt some resistance chambering a pellet that is when I would get a flier. If they inserted with no resistance then they were spot-on target.

I was kind of disappointed in the new Benjamin "single die" pellets too, at least in this rifle. Visually the pellets are in very good shape upon initial inspection.

I was surprised by how the JSB Exact domes accuracy varied between 3 head sizes too. This rifle seems to prefer the 4.50 in a wider variety of pellets. The heavier 10's show some promise too.

The QYS in WC and Domes both show a lot of promise out of all the pellets tested.

Since you have or had a Challenger, how fast were you able to push the velocity with the HS using wad cutters, before they de-stabilized? I have not adjusted the velocity. Its still in factory as received tune shooting in the ~580-ish range.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Starting a new post “What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today”. With Spring right around the corner we will be setting up our outdoor ranges shooting Paper Targets and other items. But I would like this thread to be exclusive shooting Paper Targets ONLY. There are a lot of really good Competition and Challenge threads on the Forum where we can offer our shot targets for the day. Here we can post all the other Paper Targets that we shoot and then share here. You can share any and all information about the target, gun, pellet, range, distance, weather conditions, etc, etc. that you wish. I am hoping this will encourage more folks to get out and shoot at least one Paper Target everyday.

I will start by offering a 25-Yard Score MOA target that I shot this morning before the rain started, with a score of 249. Used my FX Crown MK II .177 caliber rifle, with FX 13.4gr 4.52mm pellets, at 25-yards, cloudy overcast and no wind.

ThomasT

View attachment 334740
printer link please ? this is my kind of target 👍

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hi @ThomasT, Since our outdoor BR season will be over in a couple of months I am testing this rifle for our indoor 50' BR season. Yes, this target is 1/4" circles. BTW this is 140 shots on about a 3/4 fill. This rifle is so stingy with air consumption and so much fun to shoot. However, these light little projectiles will move around significantly (outdoors) in just the slightest bit of breeze.

The CPHPs sort of showed some promise then WHAMO, one out in right field out of the blue??? I think its relative to head size because when I felt some resistance chambering a pellet that is when I would get a flier. If they inserted with no resistance then they were spot-on target.

I was kind of disappointed in the new Benjamin "single die" pellets too, at least in this rifle. Visually the pellets are in very good shape upon initial inspection.

I was surprised by how the JSB Exact domes accuracy varied between 3 head sizes too. This rifle seems to prefer the 4.50 in a wider variety of pellets. The heavier 10's show some promise too.

The QYS in WC and Domes both show a lot of promise out of all the pellets tested.

Since you have or had a Challenger, how fast were you able to push the velocity with the HS using wad cutters, before they de-stabilized? I have not adjusted the velocity. Its still in factory as received tune shooting in the ~580-ish range.
Hello again @igolfat8

I never "touched" the factory settings on my Challenger, it was shooting so well that I did not think I could make any improvements. I cannot find my notes when I did all that testing with various domed and wadcutter pellets, but if memory serves me correctly, the "average" of all pellets shot the fps was 550.

One thing that I did notice about the Challenger, was that I almost never got a flyer with a Wadcutter pellet. To be clear this is an example: I might shoot 5 shots at five different targets with wadcutters and only get one "9" out of the group, where using same weight Domed pellets I could get a 7 or 8, which to me is a real flyer. A "9" is most likely my fault and not the pellet.

Ross @rsfrid, got me on the QYS Wadcutter pellets and I found them to be the most accurate of all pellets that I tested.

As I had stated before, I have never owned and shot any rifle at 10-Meters that even came close to the Challenger.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

I wanted to shoot some 10-meter paper this morning but could not because of some kind of a bug hatch. I shoot from inside my house through an open window and this morning the air was full of a bunch flying bugs and could not open the window. So I shot this 10-Meter target on my 15-foot indoor range in my shop using the Crosman 1701P .177 cal Pistol with Crosman Match Grade Wadcutter 7.9gr pellets.

ThomasT

Crosman 1701P.5.jpg

Reactions: beerthief
Hello everyone,

I wanted to shoot some 10-meter paper this morning but could not because of some kind of a bug hatch. I shoot from inside my house through an open window and this morning the air was full of a bunch flying bugs and could not open the window. So I shot this 10-Meter target on my 15-foot indoor range in my shop using the Crosman 1701P .177 cal Pistol with Crosman Match Grade Wadcutter 7.9gr pellets.

ThomasT

View attachment 389433
Not bad deputy. I am so waiting on winter basement challenges.