• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Shooting the usual 2" targets at 86 M / 92 Yards.
Been playing around but realized that the 16 grain is probably " THE " ammo for the Two rifle, now i just need to find the sweet spot in regard to speed.
But that is to come as i will need a new REG, which i will pick up at the post office later today.

Also looking forward to getting out of this rather " crusty " old shed, the bench i use, well the top so water soaked that i am sure it can not carry much more wight than a rifle, the plate are delaminating more and more as it get soaked.

Also ordering another 10 boxes of the 16 grain Zans, CUZ with just 350 PCS in a box, well when you shoot like i do, they are soon gone.

I still want to shoot a BR50 paper at this distance, but will need to be mainly within 1" with my groups before i attempt that.

Shooting the usual 2" targets at 86 M / 92 Yards.
Been playing around but realized that the 16 grain is probably " THE " ammo for the Two rifle, now i just need to find the sweet spot in regard to speed.
But that is to come as i will need a new REG, which i will pick up at the post office later today.

Also looking forward to getting out of this rather " crusty " old shed, the bench i use, well the top so water soaked that i am sure it can not carry much more wight than a rifle, the plate are delaminating more and more as it get soaked.

Also ordering another 10 boxes of the 16 grain Zans, CUZ with just 350 PCS in a box, well when you shoot like i do, they are soon gone.

I still want to shoot a BR50 paper at this distance, but will need to be mainly within 1" with my groups before i attempt that.
Hello @Peashooter

Neat video (y) and the 16gr looking pretty good at 92 yards.

That was a Diet Soda that you are drinking 🥴 , right?

ThomasT

O yes, not even sugar or caffeine in it, i am decades past regular consumption of alcohol.
Actually its over 2 years since my last drink.

Mind you July 4 i will be shooting with a glass of single malt beside me, but it will be going down very slow CUZ it dont take much to make me more tipsy than i like to be.

Well, i always have to mix things up... I did post this in "designing a better field target" but i thought the paper punchers would enjoy a twist to the game.
I start with 4 Paul Porch self resetting targets with an aprox 2" hole. (Currently developing a more permanent solution/prototype).
For the sake using what i had, i simply trimmed some 50 meter BR cards to fit the edge of the targets 2 1/8" by 2 1/8" and taped them in place as close to center as possible... no rocket science here.

The goal is simple... not only do you get to see your HIT with the tip back movement of the target, when you pull your cards, you can also score them. Of note: the back splatter from the lead hitting the paddle is to be expected. It was like field target and Bench Rest combined...sort of.

IMG_7739.jpeg

IMG_7758.jpeg

IMG_7761.jpeg
IMG_7762.jpeg
IMG_7763.jpeg
IMG_7764.jpeg

Hello @LCURRENT80

Try printing out this paper target ( 25-Yard MOA ) even though it is for “Yards” not “Meters” to shoot at. I believe you will see that you are shooting better than you think.

With that said, if you are shooting for a “score” in competition then any POI that does not hit the Bullseye you accept the lower score and you are not satisfied. Also remember in competition a Scoring Plug can be used to determine the POI.

However if you are shooting at “game” such as a Squirrel. Then that just “ barely missed” POI becomes a dead Squirrel and it surely counts (y) :p

Hope this will help in some way.

ThomasT

View attachment 475073
I Did but I have never shot a target that size Thank You

Well, i always have to mix things up... I did post this in "designing a better field target" but i thought the paper punchers would enjoy a twist to the game.
I start with 4 Paul Porch self resetting targets with an aprox 2" hole. (Currently developing a more permanent solution/prototype).
For the sake using what i had, i simply trimmed some 50 meter BR cards to fit the edge of the targets 2 1/8" by 2 1/8" and taped them in place as close to center as possible... no rocket science here.

The goal is simple... not only do you get to see your HIT with the tip back movement of the target, when you pull your cards, you can also score them. Of note: the back splatter from the lead hitting the paddle is to be expected. It was like field target and Bench Rest combined...sort of.

View attachment 475092
View attachment 475093
View attachment 475094View attachment 475095View attachment 475096View attachment 475097
Great idea and nice shooting there!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT

View attachment 475092
View attachment 475093
View attachment 475094View attachment 475095View attachment 475096View attachment 475097
Looks like your target paper has acne :ROFLMAO: Call Dr. Lee :ROFLMAO:
great idea for target

I do not get that kind of splatter when i shoot a fly, but then again the biggest flies here have a body the size of a .22 or maybe a .25 if it is a really fat one.
Bees ASO would be a bigger target but i have not seen any of those land on my paper, but i have seen one lately on our new " gongs " in the shape og small propane tanks painted in a bright yellow color.

I have taken out a few butterflies and they are larger ones compared to flies, but those are in the grass so at best there will be a couple of wings or pieces there of left as evidence.

Not sure if I should put this in the Paper Target… or Headshot thread.

Moth landed on the paper target, so I shot its head clean off at 20 yds.

DAR G3 .22, SWFA 10x, 21gr JTS

View attachment 475206
Hello @Coinwa

You surely made a mess out of that target :p . How do score that :unsure:

ThomasT

Not sure if I should put this in the Paper Target… or Headshot thread.

Moth landed on the paper target, so I shot its head clean off at 20 yds.

DAR G3 .22, SWFA 10x, 21gr JTS

View attachment 475206
Definitely belongs here...I posted a fly meets slug earlier! Ha! 🤗

Hello everyone,

Well what a nice surprise this morning shooting some paper targets. I had another Tin lid full of various pellets by weight and brand and decided to shoot them as a warm up card. I shot the bottom first starting at #30 and working back to #26, using these as “sighters”. These shot well enough I moved up to #1 and finished the card and surprised how well the Sniper handled this mix of pellets.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: ???? mixed
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.193.jpg

Well.
Those circles had it coming.
Hello @Peashooter

Makes you stop and think :unsure: . One day you sort through your pellets, take the wind into consideration, concentrate on your grip and hold, relax, think about each shot and carefully pull the trigger ..... and if you are lucky you will sore in the mid to high 20's.

I take the lid of one my pellet Tins and have a Cornucopia of "whatever" pellets and shoot the heck out of a target, go figure :p . I would have kept shooting this morning but it began to rain :(

ThomasT

Reactions: cavedweller
There is a german-american club in Anaheim called "The Phoenix Club".
They have a "SCHÜTZEN GRUPPE".
During Oktoberfest, for two dollars you get some shots on their 10 meter olympic air rifle range.
By accident I put my first shot in the bullseye.
I passed on the rest of the shots and kept the single shot bullseye as a memento.

There is a german-american club in Anaheim called "The Phoenix Club".
They have a "SCHÜTZEN GRUPPE".
During Oktoberfest, for two dollars you get some shots on their 10 meter olympic air rifle range.
By accident I put my first shot in the bullseye.
I passed on the rest of the shots and kept the single shot bullseye as a memento.
Hello @johnny99

That is surely a prize to keep. If you have a picture you are welcome to post it here.

ThomasT