• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

I dumped 3 mags, 36 shots, into the last reactive target on my page before I had to get some stuff done. I pulled the two shots to the left. It could have gone better. I will throw up a shot card after I get her broke in and tuned to my liking but, out of the box this is what she does.

Shooting: On Bench, Off of Bipod.
Range: Outdoor, 30 Meter
Rifle: .22 Reximex Throne Gen 2
Scope: CVLIFE 4x16x44
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
Velocity: 866 FPS
WC: Partly Cloudy and Breezy

View attachment 476092
Hello @joeyw007

Holly crap Batman, that is some great shooting. That is with your new Reximex that is not even broken in yet 😁 .That is a beautiful grouping (y)

ThomasT

Reactions: joeyw007
Hello @joeyw007

Holly crap Batman, that is some great shooting. That is with your new Reximex that is not even broken in yet 😁 .That is a beautiful grouping (y)

ThomasT
I cleaned the barrel really well and managed to get about 200 rounds through her but yeah other than that she's in out of the box form. Really promising for a rifle at this price point. I'm really excited about it because I have a decent hand full of what I consider to be descent rifles but one, two, maybe three out of ten shots will be off the mark by a disappointing amount. This rifle looks like it will be able to keep up with the shooter and reliably put rounds on target for you consistently, even at longer ranges. IMO it's a lot of gun for the $$$

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
It demands a better optic as well, LOL! Something with a thinner crosshair. At distance it's an issue. Especially shooting at the eraser end of a pencil basically.
Hello @joeyw007

I agree about the "right" reticle / cross hair in the scope. This might not apply to everyone, but I really like the thin crosshairs that do not meet in the center but has a tiny dot. I want the "Dot" to be smaller that the printed lines on a target. I love the scope that I am using on my Brocock.

ThomasT

Are you talking about the Athlon Argos you had listed? Might have to look into that. Sounds right up my alley.
Hello again @joeyw007

Yes sir, that is the one that I am using.

ThomasT
Athlon.jpg

My first score card ever shot, no joke. Decided on a Discovery HT FFP SPIR 6-24x44 I liked the crosshair in that optic better. Plus, it probably won't completely cover the 9 and 10 ring at 25 yds.

View attachment 476356
nice shooting ! you could shoot the 30 yard challenge .

nice shooting ! you could shoot the 30 yard challenge .
Thank You! I was a bit nervous on this one. Never shot a score card and on top of that knowing I was going to post it for the world to see. I've got 30 yds on my range in the back yard but will have to move my bench. Probably need to do that. A lot easier to move my target stand. 😂

Reactions: beerthief
My first score card ever shot, no joke. Decided on a Discovery HT FFP SPIR 6-24x44 I liked the crosshair in that optic better. Plus, it probably won't completely cover the 9 and 10 ring at 25 yds.

View attachment 476356
Hello @joeyw007

Good morning,

I score your card at 242, I only see 8 that missed the 10-Ring. That is some very good shooting (y) (y) (y). Your first card, be sure and keep that one, it will mean a lot to you years later :D .

All you have to do is touch or tear a Ring to receive that higher score. If you do not have a .22 cal Scoring Plug you can order one and use it to clear up any question about a score.

ThomasT

Last edited:
Reactions: beerthief
Hello everyone,

I know there are way too many variables to make a solid comparison but I shot this card again without shooting any warn up targets.

However, this morning I did shoot several more “sighters” with 3 shots at the first sighter and 2 at the third. So in a small way this is a bit of a warm up.

The second thing is that yesterday I made some improvements to the Rifle Rest that I had made last year. I improved the “yokes” that cradle the rifle by replacing the 3/8" round rod with 1-1/4" wide stainless flat bar. This gives a lot more surface area to support and secure the rifle. The rifle now feels like it is glued in place.

My scoring is each:
Gold Star equals 10-points where the 10-Ring is eliminated.
Silver Rings equal 5-points where the POI is within the outer circle
Red X is no score at all.

This card put a smile on my face :LOL:

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
TPRR-506.jpg
TPRR-507.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.196.jpg

Thank You! I was a bit nervous on this one. Never shot a score card and on top of that knowing I was going to post it for the world to see. I've got 30 yds on my range in the back yard but will have to move my bench. Probably need to do that. A lot easier to move my target stand. 😂
IMO..one of the hardest things to do is to put your skills up for display for the world(forum) to criticize.
However, you have a safe place here to show your skills and get helpful hints on how to improve.
Everyone starts with one foot in front of the other..I think you're doing fine...Nice Shooting!
Do you use any wind flags to help you gauge the effects? i little stick with some string will do..nothing fancy needed..just needs to be visable to you.
Look forward to your progress
Mike

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

I know there are way too many variables to make a solid comparison but I shot this card again without shooting any warn up targets.

However, this morning I did shoot several more “sighters” with 3 shots at the first sighter and 2 at the third. So in a small way this is a bit of a warm up.

The second thing is that yesterday I made some improvements to the Rifle Rest that I had made last year. I improved the “yokes” that cradle the rifle by replacing the 3/8" round rod with 1-1/4" wide stainless flat bar. This gives a lot more surface area to support and secure the rifle. The rifle now feels like it is glued in place.

My scoring is each:
Gold Star equals 10-points where the 10-Ring is eliminated.
Silver Rings equal 5-points where the POI is within the outer circle
Red X is no score at all.

This card put a smile on my face :LOL:

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 476594View attachment 476595View attachment 476597
The Front rest improvements look good!
Are you going to cover the metal yoke? Maybe some leather, or that foam we get with our pellet orders?
Your rifle is a great one!! Super nice percision!
I Like your linear tray ..Mine doesn't have that fancy turn knob...Looks great!!
Mike

• Love
The Front rest improvements look good!
Are you going to cover the metal yoke? Maybe some leather, or that foam we get with our pellet orders?
Your rifle is a great one!! Super nice percision!
I Like your linear tray ..Mine doesn't have that fancy turn knob...Looks great!!
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

Mike I modified both the front and rear Yokes using the 1-1/4" wide stainless flat bar. I then applied three coats of Liquid Rubber to the Yokes. The rubber finish is like you would find on handles, which is really firm but grips the rifle like a clamp. If you look real close ( zoom in ) on this photo you will see the Black Rubber material on both Yokes.

ThomasT
TPRR-507.jpg

Hello @manabeknives

Mike I modified both the front and rear Yokes using the 1-1/4" wide stainless flat bar. I then applied three coats of Liquid Rubber to the Yokes. The rubber finish is like you would find on handles, which is really firm but grips the rifle like a clamp. If you look real close ( zoom in ) on this photo you will see the Black Rubber material on both Yokes.

ThomasT
View attachment 476643
Sick rest man. You guys go deep. I'm just shooting off the ol' shoulder and bipod from the bench.

IMO..one of the hardest things to do is to put your skills up for display for the world(forum) to criticize.
However, you have a safe place here to show your skills and get helpful hints on how to improve.
Everyone starts with one foot in front of the other..I think you're doing fine...Nice Shooting!
Do you use any wind flags to help you gauge the effects? i little stick with some string will do..nothing fancy needed..just needs to be visable to you.
Look forward to your progress
Mike
No wind flags or anything special. If it's gusty enough to matter something down range will let me know.

• Love
Got that new 30mm Discovery in today and got it mounted proper. Really like the reticle in this one. Hopefully I'll get to take her out for a bit later around 7:30 or 8:00. Snagged an FX factory replacement DonnyFL moderator instead of the Tonto. Suits the rifle better aesthetically.

IMG_3981.JPG

Last edited: