• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello @manabeknives

Mike I modified both the front and rear Yokes using the 1-1/4" wide stainless flat bar. I then applied three coats of Liquid Rubber to the Yokes. The rubber finish is like you would find on handles, which is really firm but grips the rifle like a clamp. If you look real close ( zoom in ) on this photo you will see the Black Rubber material on both Yokes.

ThomasT
View attachment 476643
Ahh ..i see now
I thought it was a phosphate treatment to darken the steel
Looks Great!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Got that new 30mm Discovery in today and got it mounted proper. Really like the reticle in this one. Hopefully I'll get to take her out for a bit later around 7:30 or 8:00. Snagged an FX factory replacement DonnyFL moderator instead of the Tonto. Suits the rifle better aesthetically.

View attachment 476767
Hello @joeyw007

That is a really nice looking rig and set up.

ThomasT

Reactions: joeyw007
I think I'm getting the hang of it. Two were iffy but Thomas said if they touch the ten so...

IMG_3982.JPG

I think I'm getting the hang of it. Two were iffy but Thomas said if they touch the ten so...

View attachment 476822
Hello @joeyw007

Great shooting, No. 11 scores a 9. It's had to tell from a photo but No.17 and 18 may or may not score using a Plug. It really doesn't matter that much when you shoot an excellent card like this. You have no question, "gotten the hang" of this hobby. :love:

ThomasT

Hello @joeyw007

Great shooting, No. 11 scores a 9. It's had to tell from a photo but No.17 and 18 may or may not score using a Plug. It really doesn't matter that much when you shoot an excellent card like this. You have no question, "gotten the hang" of this hobby. :love:

ThomasT
Thanks a lot, funny the last time I referred to air gunning as a hobby some folks had it out for me. Looks like I'm in the right place. I love this hobby.

Hello everyone,

I shot a stack of 25-Yard targets this morning with absolutely zero wind conditions. I moved my portable target frame out to 30-yards and shot two 30-Yard Challenge Targets and this was my best one. I used some General Targets to warm up with.

Range: Outdoor 30-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: zero mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.197.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.198.jpg

You had a mission to remove all the bulls-eyes from the master!
Well Done!!
and you was going to sell it off....lol
Great rifle Thomas ...it's a keeper!
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

Boy it was "one of those days", this morning. It's summer time so the start of a day is a bit warm but with no wind if felt even warmer. However it makes for some great shooting, every target that I shot was a good one so I was tempted to set up in the shop and try the 30-Yard Challenge. I had just switch to a new Tin of pellets on that #3 General target and the BRK never noticed any change. You are correct, this rifle is a Keeper, but as you also know I do change quite often 😁 😁 😁

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
Hello everyone,

I shot a stack of 25-Yard targets this morning with absolutely zero wind conditions. I moved my portable target frame out to 30-yards and shot two 30-Yard Challenge Targets and this was my best one. I used some General Targets to warm up with.

Range: Outdoor 30-Yards
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: zero mph

ThomasT

View attachment 476890View attachment 476891
Nice!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Shot this paper target late evening just before dark. I sometimes do a shoot that I call “Purpose Shoot”, and what I mean by that is I literally stop and think about each procedure before and while pulling the trigger. I ran out of JSB in one Tin earlier and opened a Tin of AA Diabolo Field Heavy 18gr pellets and I wanted to do as close of a comparison as possible, so I went into my “Purpose” mode. With that said, shots 6 and 15 are “pellet error”. Shooting from my rifle rest I am able to keep my eye on the Center Dot Reticle of the scope after the pellet impact. If the POI is not “under” the Center Dot, then I consider that either the wind or the pellet was the error. In both cases on 6 and 15 the scope was still dead center of the Bull. Bottom line, in my experience the AA’s shoot very well but do have fliers more often than the JSB.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Pellets: AA Diabolo Field Heavy 18gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 10 to 15 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.199.jpg

I see someone else got the no splatter splatter targets.
Hello @Peashooter

Actually I print my targets on just plain paper. However my target frame has a 1-1/2" offset and open on the sides from where I mount the paper target to the metal backstop. On rare occasions I will get a little splatter and that is normally when I am shooting 10-Meters. At 25-yards and greater I never see any splatter. Really helps when scoring.

ThomasT

Reactions: Peashooter