What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

I finally got out for the first time since April. Started with the AR2078A and put 50 shots into about 3/4” at 10 meters. Wind was zero and I was in the shade and I remembered how much I enjoy this. Next I got out a break barrel in 22 and made a 1/2” group at the same distance. With the 2078 I usually get about 55-60 shots from a pair of 12mg co2 cartridges but today, with temps about 90, I got 70 and wasn’t losing any fps when I stopped. Rifle isn’t regulated so I guess it was just the temperature.

Rick H.

Hello everyone,

I finally received my new DOT Scope for the Reximex RP , a.k.a. “The Squirrel Eliminator”. Mounted the Scope last night and this morning planned to zero the Scope and because of my bad eye sight I really could not see none of my targets well enough to match the Red/Green Dot reticle. So I got into my drawing computer and created a new target just for sighting in any DOT Scope. The Red Circle is exactly 1-inch in diameter which is MOA at 100 yards. All of the Black lines are 1/8" wide for better visibility. I have not converted this into a pdf file yet because I am open for any suggestions for improvements.

The good news is at 10-Meters the 2MOA Dot in my new Scope fits inside the Red Circle. I could see the red background within the circle using either a Red Dot or the Green Dot, really making it easy to zero the Scope.

I first set up in my shop at 15-Feet and shot the first target and zeroed the Scope within 3 shots and put 3 more dead center.

I moved outdoors to my 10-Meter range and shot the second target and after only four shots was within the Red circle. A bit more fine tuning and I set out a full size squirrel target at 10-Meters and placed 5 shots touching each other. In my book that equates to 5 dead squirrels :p .

Shooting this setup is so much fun 😁.

Range: Indoors at 15-Feet and Outdoors 10-Meters
Pistol: Reximex RP .22 caliber
Scope: 1*30 Pinty Red/Green DOT Scope
Pellets: JSB Match Jumbo 15.89gr
FPS: ?
FPE: ?
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
Reximex RPA-114.jpg
Reximex RPA-115.jpg
Reximex RPA-116.jpg
Reximex RPA-114.jpg

Hello everyone,

Just for grins, I set one of the new targets out at 25-Yards and pleased and surprised at the results of three shots. The closest at .75 inches and the farthest was 1.375 inches. Of course a portion of those misses has to be on me not being able to clearly see the target at that distance.

I don't plan on making any squirrel shots at 25-yards with a DOT Scope but they still are not safe.

ThomasT
Reximex RPA-117.jpg

Reactions: Headshots
I tried some targets at 20y with my pp700 w a red-dot. I was hoping to do better but I'm having a hard time finding a good background for the red-dot . And the slightest movement with the pistol and the dot moves a mile . Some wind and and some bright sun behind me . Nothing too bad. The first couple 10 shot groups I was struggling with the red background. But I'm OK with them for now . The 5 shot groups on the small round target was my best . The next round 10 shot target I was getting serious eye fatigue and should have took a break . The squirrel was my last target at 20y , after a short break and the white helped but needed to rest my eyes after that . I think I can do better.

20240714_130503.jpg
20240714_113356.jpg
20240714_113348.jpg
20240714_115322.jpg
20240714_115204.jpg
20240714_112048.jpg

I tried some targets at 20y with my pp700 w a red-dot. I was hoping to do better but I'm having a hard time finding a good background for the red-dot . And the slightest movement with the pistol and the dot moves a mile . Some wind and and some bright sun behind me . Nothing too bad. The first couple 10 shot groups I was struggling with the red background. But I'm OK with them for now . The 5 shot groups on the small round target was my best . The next round 10 shot target I was getting serious eye fatigue and should have took a break . The squirrel was my last target at 20y , after a short break and the white helped but needed to rest my eyes after that . I think I can do better.

View attachment 479868View attachment 479871View attachment 479870View attachment 479872View attachment 479869View attachment 479873
Hello @Headshots

Yes a red background with a Red DOT scope makes it hard to see. Good shooting on your part.

See my next post, I have added a pdf file of my new DOT Scope target.

ThomasT

Last edited:
Reactions: Headshots
Hello everyone,

OK I have been experimenting with various colors for the background in the new target center circle. This Gold works perfect because the Red Dot and the Green Dot both show up equally well and the color used behind the target for a contrast also works great. I used Red behind on this card so all of the POI's show up. That is 8 shots using both the Red Dot and the Green Dot on my new Scope.

EDIT: I just added ( at the bottom of this post ) a pdf file of this new target, DOT Scope 10-Meter Target. Print it out on standard 8-1/2 x 11 paper or card stock. Hope this will help sighting in your DOT Scopes.

ThomasT
Reximex RPA-118.jpg

View attachment Dot Scope 10-Meter Target - Gold.pdf

Last edited:
Just another day spending time reducing my airplane inventory. Took some time to enjoy my M3. At least 1k shots since cleaning barrel. Thunder storms around and some wind from every where. Must be nice to shoot someplace flat. My trajectory may clear the grass by 10". And I get to shoot out my basement window to 30 yards.
The one shot center is a good feeling.
Eye exam next week so hopefully I'll get back to the 30yd challenge.

20240714_170411.jpg

20240714_170436.jpg

20240714_170514.jpg

Hello everyone,

I finally received my new DOT Scope for the Reximex RP , a.k.a. “The Squirrel Eliminator”. Mounted the Scope last night and this morning planned to zero the Scope and because of my bad eye sight I really could not see none of my targets well enough to match the Red/Green Dot reticle. So I got into my drawing computer and created a new target just for sighting in any DOT Scope. The Red Circle is exactly 1-inch in diameter which is MOA at 100 yards. All of the Black lines are 1/8" wide for better visibility. I have not converted this into a pdf file yet because I am open for any suggestions for improvements.

The good news is at 10-Meters the 2MOA Dot in my new Scope fits inside the Red Circle. I could see the red background within the circle using either a Red Dot or the Green Dot, really making it easy to zero the Scope.

I first set up in my shop at 15-Feet and shot the first target and zeroed the Scope within 3 shots and put 3 more dead center.

I moved outdoors to my 10-Meter range and shot the second target and after only four shots was within the Red circle. A bit more fine tuning and I set out a full size squirrel target at 10-Meters and placed 5 shots touching each other. In my book that equates to 5 dead squirrels :p .

ThomasT
View attachment 479768View attachment 479769View attachment 479770View attachment 479771
cool an "old guy target !"😎 hurry the pdf please , im getting older every day .

Just another day spending time reducing my airplane inventory. Took some time to enjoy my M3. At least 1k shots since cleaning barrel. Thunder storms around and some wind from every where. Must be nice to shoot someplace flat. My trajectory may clear the grass by 10". And I get to shoot out my basement window to 30 yards.
The one shot center is a good feeling.
Eye exam next week so hopefully I'll get back to the 30yd challenge.

View attachment 479915

View attachment 479916

View attachment 479917
Percision on the M3 is looking Tight!
Good luck on the eye exam

Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 479768View attachment 479769View attachment 479770View attachment 479771
Cool little rifle ...how well is it made?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

OK I have been experimenting with various colors for the background in the new target center circle. This Gold works perfect because the Red Dot and the Green Dot both show up equally well and the color used behind the target for a contrast also works great. I used Red behind on this card so all of the POI's show up. That is 8 shots using both the Red Dot and the Green Dot on my new Scope.

EDIT: I just added ( at the bottom of this post ) a pdf file of this new target, DOT Scope 10-Meter Target. Print it out on standard 8-1/2 x 11 paper or card stock. Hope this will help sighting in your DOT Scopes.

ThomasT
View attachment 479888

View attachment 479890
thankyou , Stan in KY

Cool little rifle ...how well is it made?
Hello @manabeknives

Mike, it is a Pistol / Carbine combination. It is pretty well made with good fit and finish, but the factory magazines are a bit of a problem. The design is bad. However the CARM mags work a whole lot better and they are all that I am using now. Even with the moderator it is very light and so easy to use.

ThomasT

Well I am consistent can not hit all 25

View attachment 479931
Hello @LCURRENT80

That is still a well shot card (y) . A very quick review, I see more shots are to the left. I do not know if you had some wind conditions or if you need a slight adjustment to the scope. That is a part of the fun, just keep shooting :p

ThomasT

Reactions: LCURRENT80
Hello everyone,

I love the no wind and almost no wind conditions, then I don’t have to think real hard 🤪 . Blue sky, no wind and a fresh paper target with no holes. The BRK Sniper XR shot the best with the JSB Match Jumbo 15.89gr pellets this time than it ever has.

Range: 25-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 3 to 5 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.206.jpg

Hello everyone,

I love the no wind and almost no wind conditions, then I don’t have to think real hard 🤪 . Blue sky, no wind and a fresh paper target with no holes. The BRK Sniper XR shot the best with the JSB Match Jumbo 15.89gr pellets this time than it ever has.

Range: 25-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 3 to 5 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 480050
Very consistent!
Excellent shooting Thomas

• Love