What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

View attachment 482461

The 2 stars on the right were shot yesterday, pellet on far right first then a slug on the left. I was thinking my POI was correct for the slug but my sight picture was a hair off...nope, shot another slug on the far left star today and same POI as yesterday so I adjusted 1 click right after and POI was spot on for other targets. Chasing accuracy is fun but it can also be quite the headache and head scratcher...😂🤔 Shot with RAW .22 @ 20yds. Boy, the slugs holes are so much cleaner than pellets!
That's just too cool!
I can shoot 100 Bullseyes yet i find that more fascinating.
I agree with @ThomasT that the slug holes resemble wadcutter's
Tha's a killer tune!!

Hello everyone,

Rained all day yesterday so I did not get to do any shooting. A break with the rain today so I was able to shoot a couple of paper targets before it starts again. Haven’t shot the Two Bulls Target in a while so I choose that for today.

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Match Jumbo 15.89gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.211.jpg

Hello everyone,

Rained all day yesterday so I did not get to do any shooting. A break with the rain today so I was able to shoot a couple of paper targets before it starts again. Haven’t shot the Two Bulls Target in a while so I choose that for today.

Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Pellets: JSB Match Jumbo 15.89gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 482500
Thomas! Glad the rain relented enough for you to get some chooting in! Great card and I do like the 2 bullseye card!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
I shot this from the window of my office before it became too dark. Love the Talos 10x in low light, and during the day. The barrel seems to be seasoning in since the barrel cleaning earlier. I made a few clicks throughout. Started at the bottom and moved up.

Range: 18 yards Outdoors North
Rifle: Stoeger Bullshark 177
Scope: Athlon Talos 10x42
Pellets: JSB Monster 13.43
FPS: 880
FPE: 23
Wind: 14 mph SE

I shot this from the window of my office before it became too dark. Love the Talos 10x in low light, and during the day. The barrel seems to be seasoning in since the barrel cleaning earlier. I made a few clicks throughout. Started at the bottom and moved up.

Rifle: Stoeger Bullshark 177
Scope: Athlon Talos 10x42
Pellets: JSB Monster 13.43
FPS: 880
FPE: 23
Wind: 14 mph SE

What a fun card! Nice shooting with your S Bullshark in .177!

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Heavy rain again all morning so it gave me some time to Clean, Oil and mount a Scope on my new Beeman Model 2028 .22 cal Pistol 😁 . After zeroing the scope on another target I shot this “test” using the three Wadcutter Pellets as listed. I have two more Wadcutters that I will test tomorrow. Over time I plan to make a number of modification to this Pistol and use it for my 15-Foot Indoor Range and Outdoors on the 10-Meter Range.

Range: Indoors at 15-Feet
Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber
Scope: Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 SFP
Pellets: Wadcutters, see list
FPS: ?
FPE: ?
Wind: -0- mph

ThomasT
Beeman 2028 -100.jpg

Beeman 2028-100.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Still lightly raining but I just had to shoot at least one paper target with my new Air Venturi Avenger Wood Stock rifle. Hopefully this Avenger will be as accurate as my other one. Did my normal cleaning and oiling and then mounted the Scope. The high shot on #18 ( blue circle ) was the first shot and then adjustments and the second shot ( blue circle ) on the word “off”. More adjustments and the third shot on the first sighter and not too far off. Three more shots with some fine tuning and a dead center POI. This is very encouraging for a brand new rifle.

Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
Wind: 5 to 10 mph w/rain

ThomasT

AvengerW-100.jpg
AVW-100.jpg

Last edited:
Thomas, congratulations on your new B 2028 pistola! Have fun shooting it and finding it's food of choice to shoot accurately....🤗
Hello @Ranchibi

Thank you Randal, I hope to get this fine tuned for my Winter indoor shooting Pistol. I hope that I can get the trigger "cleaned up" and with a lighter pull and a lot better feel. It's heavy for a Pistol, which is good, because I will be shooting it on my bench out in the shop.

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
Just wanted to shoot my big bore. I totally failed on the two I missed. It was shooting a little left so I held most of them. I will get it on a rest tomorrow and re zero. I shot off a window bag on my casement window and I was sitting on my knees on a bench.

Rifle: Snowpeak P35
Scope: PARD NV008S
Pellets: FX 25.39 gr
FPS: 825
FPE: 38
Wind: 15 mph E

Hello everyone,

Shot the other two Wadcutter Pellets this morning with the Beeman 2028 Pistol and it looks like I have two that are very close in accuracy. I will do more comparison shooting using the RWS Sport Line 11.9gr against the RWS Professional Line 14gr at 15-Feet. Just for additional information, I did zero the scope for each pellet and I filled the cylinder to 2,600psi for each pellet.

Pellets: Wadcutters, see list

ThomasT

Beeman 2028 -101.jpg

Reactions: Florida_Man
Hello everyone,

Just shot this card using the RWS 11.9gr Wadcutters and really pleased with the accuracy of this Pistol considering I’m still using the Factory setting on the trigger at 4-pounds of pull. Boy that takes a BUNCH of concentration for this old man 😟. Lost it on the fourth target, I was all over the place 🤪.

Pellets: RWS Sport Line 11.9gr Wadcutter

ThomasT
Beeman 2028 -102.jpg

Hello everyone,

Just shot this card using the RWS 11.9gr Wadcutters and really pleased with the accuracy of this Pistol considering I’m still using the Factory setting on the trigger at 4-pounds of pull. Boy that takes a BUNCH of concentration for this old man 😟. Lost it on the fourth target, I was all over the place 🤪.

Pellets: RWS Sport Line 11.9gr Wadcutter

ThomasT
View attachment 483021
I have been soo spoiled lately with excellent triggers, i'd be yanking a 4lbs trigger all over the place
Really nice control Thomas

I have been soo spoiled lately with excellent triggers, i'd be yanking a 4lbs trigger all over the place
Really nice control Thomas
Hello @manabeknives

I like the feel of a "firm" trigger but man 4-pounds is not even close to firm. This is the heaviest pull of any gun that I have ever shot. That card wore me out 😆

ThomasT

Hello @manabeknives

I like the feel of a "firm" trigger but man 4-pounds is not even close to firm. This is the heaviest pull of any gun that I have ever shot. That card wore me out 😆

ThomasT
Kinda funny — when I'm shooting my Glocks, 4 pounds is about right. When I'm shooting my HW44, 4 ounces is about right.

Kinda funny — when I'm shooting my Glocks, 4 pounds is about right. When I'm shooting my HW44, 4 ounces is about right.
Hello @rsfrid

Well 4-ounces is a bit light for me, but I'll take that over 4-pounds.

I shot some more at a warm up target and my problem is that I cannot tell when the "break" comes. It is already over and I am caught off guard. Well not a problem because that will get fixed.

ThomasT

Hello @rsfrid

Well 4-ounces is a bit light for me, but I'll take that over 4-pounds.

I shot some more at a warm up target and my problem is that I cannot tell when the "break" comes. It is already over and I am caught off guard. Well not a problem because that will get fixed.

ThomasT
My RAW rifles are about 7-8 ounces!