I may have one for @Ranchibi
This one just worked by accident using the Epoch with the new barrel
used MRD's deep ans FX hybrids.
Both were going about 830-840 fps
10m distance - Top row is MRD's - Bottom row is Hybrids
maybe they will go the distance?? i"ll have to try them at the range
Mike
View attachment 484310
Oh YEAH Mike! You've GOT IT! The pellet/slug tune for your Epoch....WOO HOO....CONGRATULATIONS! I believe it will be accurate at distance because if it ain't accurate close....🤗

Hello everyone,

Another pretty but hot morning so after getting the yard mowed I shot some warm up paper targets and then this General Target. I believe this new Avenger’s barrel is going to be a good one 😆 .

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5-10 mph

ThomasT
AvengerW-104.jpg

Hello everyone,

Shot several of the Best Average targets and this was my best overall for today. Had two real good groups and three not so good.

Wind: 3-5 mph

ThomasT

AvengerW-105.jpg

Hello everyone,

Shot several of the Best Average targets and this was my best overall for today. Had two real good groups and three not so good.

ThomasT

View attachment 484946
Very nice groups on the bottom 3
Horizontal is a lot better than vertical ;)
Soo much paper 🙃🎯 .. lol
Mike

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 484946
Stellar 5 shot groups Thomas! Your mind and body were Jedi like today...🥳!

• Haha
Stellar 5 shot groups Thomas! Your mind and body were Jedi like today...🥳!
Hello @Ranchibi

Don't know about Jedi but the new Avenger barrel is doing pretty good with only 200 rounds shot so far. Sure wish I could find a Wadcutter pellet that shoots as well as the JSB 18.13, They leave such a perfect round hole it makes measuring shot holes really easy. You put 5-Wadcutter shots in one hole, then you have really done something.

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 484946
very nice !

• Love
Hello everyone,

Light wind so I decided to try the new Avenger shooting some paper targets out at 25-yards. I know that the barrel needs at least 200 more pellets shot plus a complete cleaning and polishing the bore before it is truly ready to shoot this distance. However not too bad considering that I did not shoot any warm up targets.

Range: 25-Yards Outdoors
Wind: 0-5 mph

ThomasT

AvengerW-106.jpg

Great Looking card Thomas!
What was the new barrel you put on your avenger? ...whatever it is, it is performing!
How many times do you polish your barrels?
Glad you're having nicer weather
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

Mike this is a brand new rifle, as usual I sold the other one and then realized that I missed shooting it so I purchased a new one with the wood stock. At this point I'm really not sure the new one is / will be as accurate as the old one, time will tell.

As far as polishing the bore here is what I normally do: I like to shoot at least 400 to 500 rounds through a new gun and I keep and review all of the targets that it shot. I am looking for improvements in the accuracy and any shifts in the POI through out the 400 to 500 shots. If all of this looks good then I only polish the barrel one time, but I kind of over do the process ( probably not needed ). Then I shoot one Tin ( 250 shots ), clean the barrel and shoot a second 250 shots and clean the barrel. At this point I am comfortable in making a decision as to the extended accuracy of this particular gun.

I have just over 260 rounds on this new Avenger and have cleaned the barrel 3 times already ( one time when I first got it ). I actually cleaned it yesterday and there was very little residue on the first patch so that is good.

Hope this makes some sense :unsure: 🤪😁

ThomasT

Hello @manabeknives

Mike this is a brand new rifle, as usual I sold the other one and then realized that I missed shooting it so I purchased a new one with the wood stock. At this point I'm really not sure the new one is / will be as accurate as the old one, time will tell.

As far as polishing the bore here is what I normally do: I like to shoot at least 400 to 500 rounds through a new gun and I keep and review all of the targets that it shot. I am looking for improvements in the accuracy and any shifts in the POI through out the 400 to 500 shots. If all of this looks good then I only polish the barrel one time, but I kind of over do the process ( probably not needed ). Then I shoot one Tin ( 250 shots ), clean the barrel and shoot a second 250 shots and clean the barrel. At this point I am comfortable in making a decision as to the extended accuracy of this particular gun.

I have just over 260 rounds on this new Avenger and have cleaned the barrel 3 times already ( one time when I first got it ). I actually cleaned it yesterday and there was very little residue on the first patch so that is good.

Hope this makes some sense :unsure: 🤪😁

ThomasT
A lot more sense than stopping the barrel ..lol
Thanks Thomas

• Haha
Hello everyone,

After studying the target that I shot yesterday I decided to shoot the same target again today but take more time adjusting the scope. I did not shoot any warm up targets but shot all five sighters to make fine adjustments to the scope. I think this better represents the accuracy of this new rifle.

ThomasT

AvengerW-107.jpg

Hello everyone,

After studying the target that I shot yesterday I decided to shoot the same target again today but take more time adjusting the scope. I did not shoot any warm up targets but shot all five sighters to make fine adjustments to the scope. I think this better represents the accuracy of this new rifle.

ThomasT

View attachment 485560
Thomas! You GOT the new Avenger DIALED IN! Great card!

• Love
Recovering from Covid easily took 10 points off my average score. Hopefully I get back to normal (normal wobbly) in a week or so. This is with the Revere I bought off a member on this site. What a great rifle. I am going to put a different scope on it for squirrel hunting soon (probably a Hawke or Vortex 2-7x).
IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

Recovering from Covid easily took 10 points off my average score. Hopefully I get back to normal (normal wobbly) in a week or so. This is with the Revere I bought off a member on this site. What a great rifle. I am going to put a different scope on it for squirrel hunting soon (probably a Hawke or Vortex 2-7x).
View attachment 485760
View attachment 485758
Hello @Mike_OH

Good to here you are feeling better and shooting some paper.

ThomasT

View attachment 485760
View attachment 485758
Wonderful shooting with a fantastic Revere! I hope you recover quickly.

Hello everyone,

This is my first shot “warm-up” paper target for the day and I only shot three of the nine bulls. Often times I will shoot up to three warm-up targets to get the gun and scope dialed in and myself comfortable shooting. I shot 5 times at bull #1 and #2 and 10 times at bull #3 and never tore or touched the 10-Ring :D. I decided that three “one-hole” were good enough to go ahead and shoot some real targets. Sure wish I could start every day like this.

ThomasT
AvengerW-108.jpg