What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Excellent card Thomas!
What i am doing with a 2k rifle,,you are achieving with with a sub $400 ...Outstanding!!
I love it...though my wallet is extremely :mad:...lol
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

This is my third Air Venturi Avenger and it is amazing how accurate they are right out of the box. With very little tuning they become very accurate. My first one I spent a lot of time working on the barrel polishing the bore. I also turned down the power just a tad bit. The second one I just did a normal ( well for me ) bore polish and if you remember it was laser accurate out to 25-yards. I'm still 100 plus pellets away from polishing the bore on this rifle and I am hoping it improves the accuracy some. Dollar for dollar I believe they are the best buy for a PCP air rifle. Some where down the line I might buy another one and do the Buck Rail conversion on it (y) 😁 (y).

ThomasT

Hello @manabeknives

This is my third Air Venturi Avenger and it is amazing how accurate they are right out of the box. With very little tuning they become very accurate. My first one I spent a lot of time working on the barrel polishing the bore. I also turned down the power just a tad bit. The second one I just did a normal ( well for me ) bore polish and if you remember it was laser accurate out to 25-yards. I'm still 100 plus pellets away from polishing the bore on this rifle and I am hoping it improves the accuracy some. Dollar for dollar I believe they are the best buy for a PCP air rifle. Some where down the line I might buy another one and do the Buck Rail conversion on it (y) 😁 (y).

ThomasT
i have the notion in my head(incorrect it may be) that buying a Pinto and trying to turn it into a Porche will burn you 99% of the time
You seem to be in that 1% more than often..i believe your tuning ablilties and understanding are better than the average person's
you say "very little tuning", but it is the correct tuning...not guessing(what i do to much and sometimes get lucky)
Sincerely Outstanding!
Mike

75' shot
9" paper plate
1" blue painters tape square
10 shots
DSCN7572.jpg
DSCN7573.jpg
DSCN7575.jpg
DSCN7577.jpg

My usual version of my 9" paper plate target,...
DSCN0368.jpeg

Tried some different pellets with my PP700SA. 18y rested on a window out my office. The FX is 3 shots. I dropped the one in the right bull for Benji pellets.

Hello @Florida_Man

That is dang good shooting with a Pistol (y) .

ThomasT

Reactions: Florida_Man
Reactions: Moke and ThomasT
@beerthief
That is our place, the back patio. We're a single story, concrete slab, classic hacienda ranch style home.
The target location in the first pic is where I was having an issue with Ground Squirrels, and i was zeroing for them, and that shot. They were so skittish that at first I used depth from one end of the patio, across it, and then another 35' to the target. In total, 75'
Then I built a blind, and halved the shot. They neglected to duck.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I shot several more targets and wound up with almost 500 pellets shot with the new Avenger. So I went ahead and removed the barrel and performed a complete cleaning and then a full polishing of the bore. Next I spent quite a bit of time cleaning out all of the polishing material and getting an absolutely spotless bore. Then I shot four mags of 13gr pellets just to make sure that the bore was ready.

I know it is way too early to tell but shot this target this morning and appears to show an improvement in accuracy. Looking good, that is 9 solid hits :D .

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5-10 mph

ThomasT
AvengerW-110.jpg

Hello everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I shot several more targets and wound up with almost 500 pellets shot with the new Avenger. So I went ahead and removed the barrel and performed a complete cleaning and then a full polishing of the bore. Next I spent quite a bit of time cleaning out all of the polishing material and getting an absolutely spotless bore. Then I shot four mags of 13gr pellets just to make sure that the bore was ready.

I know it is way too early to tell but shot this target this morning and appears to show an improvement in accuracy. Looking good, that is 9 solid hits :D .

ThomasT
View attachment 486754

Thomas! Excellent barrel cleaning and polish! Looks your hard work is paying off! I bet groups tighten up even more as you shoot 👍

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Shot this paper target this morning and with a bit more wind than I have had the past week. Couple shots scored OK but off a bit from the over all target results 😞 .

Wind: 12-15 mph

ThomasT

AvengerW-111a.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Shot this paper target this morning and with a bit more wind than I have had the past week. Couple shots scored OK but off a bit from the over all target results 😞 .

ThomasT

View attachment 487040
in that wind...a light pellet
i think you are being hard on yourself
no vertical movement..all horizontal ..it's a good tune!
Nice shooting Thomas
Mike

Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 487040
the shots are most al inside the circle not just a nick in the line . impressive in that wind

Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 487040
I agree with Mike. Not bad at all in that wind.

Hello everyone,

Waited until this afternoon to shoot more paper targets and let the wind die down some. No warm up targets but used the sighters to align the scope. This is more like what I was expecting from this rifle 😁

ThomasT
AvengerW-112.jpg

Hello everyone,

Waited until this afternoon to shoot more paper targets and let the wind die down some. No warm up targets but used the sighters to align the scope. This is more like what I was expecting from this rifle 😁

ThomasT
View attachment 487309
Thomas, good patience and wonderful card!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT