What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Okay so again today i tried a BR50 paper at 55 M, and again i crashed and burned.
It is funny the Two was shooting MRD pellets and aiming at impact marks on the backstop i just nailed it over and over.
But changing my aim to the BR50 paper 1 foot or 2 above, and i had problems getting inside the black ring, and i think at best i had like 3 10s and just 1 X
So i changed ammo to crossman premier pellets, and BAM i was on the ball again and shot the hell out of the BR50 targets i completely missed.

Then i proceeded to hit the 4 papers i put up at 30 M and that was much better.

paper1.jpg

paper2.jpg

Still some misses but i was also off the shoulder so even with support in the front a bit wobbly.

After that i proceed to trim branches off one of the big trees, also about 50 M distance, then i shot a little at the brick on top of the fridge at 93 M that hold my backing cardboard, and i was actually hitting the brick more than i was missing it. ( 6 lines hold over VS my 30 M zero as i recall )
Also tore up a coke can sitting on the table beside the fridge.
Then i changed to the 75 M spinner and it needed a 1.75 line holdover to nail, even the little chicken on the top of the spinner.
Also shot some more on the container at 55 M just needed a .5 holdover there.

So went thru a whole tin of the crossman pellets minus 25 or so, i will have to order more of those, CUZ i was having really good fun today, probably also due to the wind dropping to next to 0 in the end of the day
Earlier in the day all my pellets was a bit hit and miss due to the wind, even with me paying attention to the flags

I had to drop the two to,,,,,, well i am not sure what i ended up on, but before my last down adjustment on the regulator i was at 50 BAR
With a 700 mm barrel you dont need much pressure to get things going.

The back end of the tin of crossman pellets.

string.jpg

The old Cyclone also shot well, but none the less i think i have to ease off the hammer a little, but dispatched of the rest of a tin of 22 gr JTS dead centers.
Sadly i did not try it again when the wind dropped, but at 30 M i was making one big ragged hole with it, and all the way thru the 1" plank used as backing.

EDIT : my memory goo forsake me, just looked at the regulator gauge ( digital ) it read 63 BAR, so i was probably at 70 something when i gave the REG its final twist.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Almost no wind so I setup to shoot the Number One 4-Card Challenge paper target. Getting low on pellets in this 500 Tin and noticing lots of damaged skirts. I am going to stop buying all 500 piece Tins just for this reason. However the Avenger seemed to shoot them OK.

Range: 25 Yards Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 0-5 mph

ThomasT

AvengerW-113.jpg

Hello everyone,

Almost no wind so I setup to shoot the Number One 4-Card Challenge paper target. Getting low on pellets in this 500 Tin and noticing lots of damaged skirts. I am going to stop buying all 500 piece Tins just for this reason. However the Avenger seemed to shoot them OK.

ThomasT

View attachment 488155
Pretty darn good shooting there Thomas! Have you ever ordered pellets from Jeff @ Trenier Outdoors? He ships them that day if ordered in the morning his time and packs each tin in it's own padded envelope, rarely get any bent skirts.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 488155
Excellent card Thomas
I doubt the damage skirt ratio will be that much better in a smaller tin..quality is on a downhill slide
i can send you a good tin from 14 years ago when they cared about quality ..message me
Mike

Excellent card Thomas
I doubt the damage skirt ratio will be that much better in a smaller tin..quality is on a downhill slide
i can send you a good tin from 14 years ago when they cared about quality ..message me
Mike
personally i think more of the damage is in the shipping / storage end of it . pellets are loose to rattle around in the tins . the pellets i buy most have a thin piece of foam inside the lid but the pellets still are loose . This is a two way street ! If the pellets have more packing in the tin then damage could result from the pressure of the packing . if to loose the pellets are free to move . unless the pellets are individually placed / separated like QY has but then you pay for that . ( QY pellets didn't prove any better than H&N or any other quality brand , but you do get to keep the case .

Pretty darn good shooting there Thomas! Have you ever ordered pellets from Jeff @ Trenier Outdoors? He ships them that day if ordered in the morning his time and packs each tin in it's own padded envelope, rarely get any bent skirts.
Hello @Ranchibi

No I have not but will check in on them, thanks :D

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
So I posted about the cheap NORMA pellets I got from Pyramid. They aren’t a Match grade pellet, but I get many less fliers than I do with the Crosman HP’s. The plus is that they are 17.5 gr vs 14.3. I don’t claim to be a great shot, but still I am pleased at how they perform for plinking. This is at 30 yds using the new 1/2” stickers I got. lol. If these were critters they would be in trouble!
5shot groups

IMG_1251.jpeg

Last edited:
So I posted about the cheap NORMA pellets I got from Pyramid. They aren’t a Match grade pellet, but I get many less fliers than I do with the Crosman HP’s. The plus is that they are 17.5 gr vs 14.3. I don’t claim to be a great shot, but still I am pleased at how they perform for plinking. This is at 30 yds using the new 1/2” stickers I got. lol. If these were critters they would be in trouble!
5shot groups

View attachment 488466
Hello @Chief Ten-Beers

At 30 yards that is some pretty good shooting (y)

ThomasT

5shot groups

View attachment 488466
yes i got a bunch of these pellets , good for plinking but still ok for squirrels birds that stray into view .

5shot groups

View attachment 488466
Those pellets did a decent job at 30yrds
Nice shooting on your part!!
You're definitely a dedicated forum guy...luv the background :ROFLMAO:
Critters Beware!
Mike

Those pellets did a decent job at 30yrds
Nice shooting on your part!!
You're definitely a dedicated forum guy...luv the background :ROFLMAO:
Critters Beware!
Mike
I have enough room to shoot about 40 yds, but I have to clear a path through the "Brush Pile" behind My Target. Maybe next week? LOL It's raining today, so..... lol

Hello everyone,

Another almost no wind day so I got brave and set out one of my hardest paper targets to score, the 8x8 Competition. Just to really test the new polished bore on the Avenger, I did not shoot any warm up targets. I shot the two sighters and moved right to the main target, and the results make me very pleased.

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Wind: 0 - 5 mph

ThomasT

AvengerW-114.jpg

Hello everyone,

Another almost no wind day so I got brave and set out one of my hardest paper targets to score, the 8x8 Competition. Just to really test the new polished bore on the Avenger, I did not shoot any warm up targets. I shot the two sighters and moved right to the main target, and the results make me very pleased.

ThomasT

View attachment 488590
NICE ! in capitol letters .

• Love
NICE ! in capitol letters .
Hello @beerthief

Thank you Stan, I am really pleased with how this rifle is coming around and shooting so well. I still need to get at least another 200+ rounds down the barrel to think that it is "seasoned". I have some JSB Exact Jumbo Monster Light .22 Cal, 20.83 Grain pellets on order and anxious to see if the heavier pellets will shoot as good or hopefully better 😁

ThomasT

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 488590
Ooh! That's as good as it gets on a tough card Thomas! Fantastic shooting! 🤗

• Love
Hello everyone,

After waiting almost a full month to get the replacement Barrel Breech end O-Ring I can start to shoot this Pistol. I sat up my indoor 15-foot range with the new DOT-Scope target and zeroed the DOT Scope. Surprisingly it only took 5 shots to get a good alignment ( photo #1 ) for this distance. I will re-zero the Scope later on this morning to 10-Meters.

After getting the Scope zeroed I set up a Large Pellet Target and just shot one time at each Bull to confirm the Scope alignment and not too bad for a DOT Scope ( photo #2 ). I believe this will make for a great Squirrel gun and great for both 10-Meter and indoor 15-feet shooting.

Range: Indoors at 15-Feet
Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber with Buck Rail AR Conversion
Scope: NoStar DOT RGB
Pellets: JSB 13.43
FPS: 600
FPE: 9.6
Wind: -0- mph

ThomasT

Beeman 2028 -103.jpg
Beeman 2028 -104.jpg