What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

After waiting almost a full month to get the replacement Barrel Breech end O-Ring I can start to shoot this Pistol. I sat up my indoor 15-foot range with the new DOT-Scope target and zeroed the DOT Scope. Surprisingly it only took 5 shots to get a good alignment ( photo #1 ) for this distance. I will re-zero the Scope later on this morning to 10-Meters.

After getting the Scope zeroed I set up a Large Pellet Target and just shot one time at each Bull to confirm the Scope alignment and not too bad for a DOT Scope ( photo #2 ). I believe this will make for a great Squirrel gun and great for both 10-Meter and indoor 15-feet shooting.

Range: Indoors at 15-Feet
Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber with Buck Rail AR Conversion
Scope: NoStar DOT RGB
Pellets: JSB 13.43
FPS: 600
FPE: 9.6
Wind: -0- mph

ThomasT

View attachment 488913View attachment 488914
nice shooting with your new set up .

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Brand new FX Royale 400 in .22 (walnut stock). JSB 18.13. Medium power wheel setting. 5 shots 30 yards. I'm very happy so far.
IMG_0354.jpg

Brand new FX Royale 400 in .22 (walnut stock). JSB 18.13. Medium power wheel setting. 5 shots 30 yards. I'm very happy so far.View attachment 488932
Hello @wijib

Just one small hole for all of those pellets to pass through (y) (y) (y) . You surely should be most happy with the new Royale.

ThomasT

Reactions: RM100GUY and wijib
Hello everyone,

After the sun came up I set a DOT-Scope target out at 10-Meters and shot 5 times, ( the circle-X does not count all my fault ), and another really great surprise. I did not change the setting on the DOT Scope from the 15-Foot settings and as you can see, it only shot a bit high. This means that I can shoot at a Squirrel anywhere from 15-feet out past 10-Meters and only compensate a bit as I aim further out, ( first photo ).

Then I set out a full size Squirrel Silhouette target at 10-Meters and shot 5 times at the 5/8-inch diameter dot. The first shot I did not compensate and it went a bit high, made a mental adjustment and shot 4 more times. That would be five dead tree rats the way I figure it 😁:unsure:, ( second photo ).

I will mount a better DOT Scope as soon as I receive a Dovetail to Picatinny adapter. The new DOT Scope has a 2-MOA dot which is smaller than the scope I am using now and will allow a better view of the impact area.

Range: Outdoors at 10 - Meters
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
Beeman 2028 -105.jpg
Beeman 2028 -106.jpg

Hello everyone,

After the sun came up I set a DOT-Scope target out at 10-Meters and shot 5 times, ( the circle-X does not count all my fault ), and another really great surprise. I did not change the setting on the DOT Scope from the 15-Foot settings and as you can see, it only shot a bit high. This means that I can shoot at a Squirrel anywhere from 15-feet out past 10-Meters and only compensate a bit as I aim further out, ( first photo ).

Then I set out a full size Squirrel Silhouette target at 10-Meters and shot 5 times at the 5/8-inch diameter dot. The first shot I did not compensate and it went a bit high, made a mental adjustment and shot 4 more times. That would be five dead tree rats the way I figure it 😁:unsure:, ( second photo ).

I will mount a better DOT Scope as soon as I receive a Dovetail to Picatinny adapter. The new DOT Scope has a 2-MOA dot which is smaller than the scope I am using now and will allow a better view of the impact area.

ThomasT
View attachment 488939View attachment 488940
Looks like the tree rats better vacate the garden under penalty being splattered!
Was it worth the wait to get those repairs done?
i never understood the Beeman brand ..before they were HW ..now IDK..but never been on my radar
Have Fun with the pistol
Mike

Looks like the tree rats better vacate the garden under penalty being splattered!
Was it worth the wait to get those repairs done?
i never understood the Beeman brand ..before they were HW ..now IDK..but never been on my radar
Have Fun with the pistol
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

No and Yes, it always pee's me off when a supplier doesn't support their product. I ask that jackass to simply give me the dimensions for the O-Ring and I would go buy some, simple right? But I was told that they do not give out specifications ............ duah ............. do you think that I used my calipers and measured the O-Ring when it came in ... sushhhh don't tell any body :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And Yes in as much that I really like this "thing" a lot and having a ball shooting it. It is a great "carbine" now with the Buck Rail AR conversion installed. Hopefully I will get the special Barrel to 1/2-20 thread adapter soon and I can install the Moderator. This little dude has quite the bark with a plain barrel. This is definitely the LAST Beeman that I will ever purchase.

I sat some Squirrel paper target on a cardboard box out under an oak tree ( about 25-30 yards ) where the squirrels gather all the time. I shot two mags at 10 rounds / per and put all 20 rounds in a kill zone on the targets. This is going to be a lot of fun come fall when the acorns are falling on the ground 😆 .

Have a great weekend,
ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello @manabeknives

No and Yes, it always pee's me off when a supplier doesn't support their product. I ask that jackass to simply give me the dimensions for the O-Ring and I would go buy some, simple right? But I was told that they do not give out specifications ............ duah ............. do you think that I used my calipers and measured the O-Ring when it came in ... sushhhh don't tell any body :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And Yes in as much that I really like this "thing" a lot and having a ball shooting it. It is a great "carbine" now with the Buck Rail AR conversion installed. Hopefully I will get the special Barrel to 1/2-20 thread adapter soon and I can install the Moderator. This little dude has quite the bark with a plain barrel. This is definitely the LAST Beeman that I will ever purchase.

I sat some Squirrel paper target on a cardboard box out under an oak tree ( about 25-30 yards ) where the squirrels gather all the time. I shot two mags at 10 rounds / per and put all 20 rounds in a kill zone on the targets. This is going to be a lot of fun come fall when the acorns are falling on the ground 😆 .

Have a great weekend,
ThomasT
From things I have read, GAMO is the same way with their O-rings. They won't give the size to you.

• Love
From things I have read, GAMO is the same way with their O-rings. They won't give the size to you.
Hello @Chief Ten-Beers

To me that just does not make any sense :unsure: , how can you maintain your gun if you do not have access to OEM parts???? Oh well .....

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Just added a Bi-pod to the Pic Rail on the Buck Rail AR conversion to the Beeman and shot this ( or more correctly, shot at ), this new Squirrel Target at 10-Meters. Got the target up and realized that with my poor vision that I couldn't make out the outlines of the drawing :oops: , so I "shot at it" :p . OK back to the drawings in the computer and add some color to the Squirrel so I can see it.

ThomasT
Beeman 2028-111.jpg
Beeman 2028 -107.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

OK I have been shooting since 4:am this morning and having way too much fun, so this will be the last paper target that I will shoot ..... I think :rolleyes:

What a difference it makes when I can actually see the target, 8 out of 10 in the Squirrel, using the Bi-pod and shoulder rest. Would have been 10 out of 10 but I left my brain on the piano and forgot to compensate for 10-Meters 😜 . One in the ear and one in the eye ball 😃. I'm using the Spotter Scope to see my POI's.

Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber with Buck Rail AR Conversion w/Bi-pod

ThomasT
Beeman 2028 -108.jpg

Hello everyone,

OK made a bunch of changes to the squirrel target and now it can be used very easily with a regular scope and a DOT-Scope. I have attached a pdf.file for this target at the bottom.

I removed the DOT-Scope from the Beeman 2028 and installed a UTG Bug Buster and shot this target at 10-meters with 10 shots. What makes this kind of shooting so much fun is that it’s a lot more relaxed. I can have two POI a 1/4 inch apart and as long as they are within the kill zone, it counts 😆 . Shooting a real squirrel outdoors I do not need to stack pellets, just one well placed is what I try to get.

Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32

ThomasT

Beeman 2028 -109.jpg

View attachment squirrel - silhouette.pdf

Hello everyone,

This is Squirrel Target #6 that I have shot this morning and using the Bug Buster scope makes me want to say “I pity the fool squirrel that even comes close to my garden”. That is 9 out of 10 in the kill zone and the one miss ( hah ) , is right in his neck 😜 . I am having just way too much fun with this little setup. I love how well the Buck Rail components are made and how easy all of it went together.

ThomasT
Beeman 2028 -110.jpg

Reactions: beerthief
Hello everyone,

This is Squirrel Target #6 that I have shot this morning and using the Bug Buster scope makes me want to say “I pity the fool squirrel that even comes close to my garden”. That is 9 out of 10 in the kill zone and the one miss ( hah ) , is right in his neck 😜 . I am having just way too much fun with this little setup. I love how well the Buck Rail components are made and how easy all of it went together.

ThomasT
View attachment 489213
I really like it when someone (you in this case ) takes a "lessor thought of "gun and has , not only fun but proves you do not need to spend $$$
to shoot well (even better than well !)

• Love
I really like it when someone (you in this case ) takes a "lessor thought of "gun and has , not only fun but proves you do not need to spend $$$
I agree, but everytime I try to do the same ...well let's just say it seldom works out well for me and i end up with a nice paperweight

I will take "What is Murphey's Law for $500 Alex"! Happens to Me too!
cool reply HAHAHAHA
Really the only gun i mod'ed was the 1377 and all i really did was the available steel breach and a 18 " Crossman barrel and butt stock .

Hello @beerthief

Stan this is the least expensive air gun that I currently have ( I am building a custom PP800 and it is even more expensive ) not counting the Buck Rail equipment. However, you are 100% correct about how much enjoyment this gun has given me already. I was in my shop ( my indoor 15-foot range ) again this morning at 4:am shooting this dang little thing and having a blast.

Will it compete against my Brocock at 25-yards, no, but it's not supposed to. But it is plenty accurate for what I am using it for and I will go a bit further and say it is shooting a whole lot better than I expected. That is five shots in a clover leaf hole in that squirrel, hey, that tickles the stuffing out of me :ROFLMAO: .

Have a great day and keep on shoot'n
ThomasT

Reactions: beerthief