What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

O i shot just about any target you can think off in the past 2 days.
I shot 1 hole groups on paper at 30 M, also 1 fly that was stupid enough to land there while i was shooting and not leaving while i put another pellet in the single slot loader.
Also managed to do ( 1 hole group ) 2 times at 55 M but not easy even if the wind issue was almost none existing early on today.
Also shot leaves and little branches off a tree at about 50 M and a 30 - 40 degree up angle.
Also shot a little at the 100 yards targets, but as i had run out of the JTS dead centers yesterday i only had lower tier pellets left.

I dunno why it is like that, but i for sure feel i shoot better when i am not shooting papers, and for sure BR50 papers i have a mental issue with it seem.

Day before i also shot the 10 gr JSB KO / MK3 slugs, and i dont know how i did that either, but i was putting them on a wooden post at 130 or close yards, and factoring in the wind yesterday in,,,,,,, well i still dont get it, but i sure as hell am going to buy some more of those micro slugs CUZ damn o_O

O and not forgetting the new gongs / steel targets at various past 55 M distances, and the 75 M spinner, though with 10. 4 gr pellets, well you can hear you hit it and also see it, but if you blink it will have settled again.
Both 2 X 4 inch bottom pig and 1 X 2 inch chicken on top got slapped around real good. ( spinner made for HP .22 rimfire, so even a 16 grain slug aint spinning that one )

Also put up a BR50 paper today, but never intended to shoot it like its supposed to be shot, i just drilled the little targets as good as i could semi benched.

Collective i think me and my M8 made his field increase in mass with a couple of kilos.
Really need to get going on that pellet trap i keep muttering about.

10 grain pellets at 100 yards,,,,, you do miss a lot, but in the zone you can also get several in a row in on a 2 inch / 5 Cm target.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

OK made a bunch of changes to the squirrel target and now it can be used very easily with a regular scope and a DOT-Scope. I have attached a pdf.file for this target at the bottom.

I removed the DOT-Scope from the Beeman 2028 and installed a UTG Bug Buster and shot this target at 10-meters with 10 shots. What makes this kind of shooting so much fun is that it’s a lot more relaxed. I can have two POI a 1/4 inch apart and as long as they are within the kill zone, it counts 😆 . Shooting a real squirrel outdoors I do not need to stack pellets, just one well placed is what I try to get.

Range: Outdoors at 10 - Meters
Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber with Buck Rail AR Conversion w/Bi-pod
Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32
Pellets: JSB 13.43
FPS: 600
FPE: 9.6
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 489192

View attachment 489193
Cool target Thomas! Nice shooting and thnx for the pdf! Woo Hoo! Now I get to snipe squirrels in my own back yard....😂👍

• Love
O i shot just about any target you can think off in the past 2 days.
I shot 1 hole groups on paper at 30 M, also 1 fly that was stupid enough to land there while i was shooting and not leaving while i put another pellet in the single slot loader.
Also managed to do ( 1 hole group ) 2 times at 55 M but not easy even if the wind issue was almost none existing early on today.
Also shot leaves and little branches off a tree at about 50 M and a 30 - 40 degree up angle.
Also shot a little at the 100 yards targets, but as i had run out of the JTS dead centers yesterday i only had lower tier pellets left.

I dunno why it is like that, but i for sure feel i shoot better when i am not shooting papers, and for sure BR50 papers i have a mental issue with it seem.

Day before i also shot the 10 gr JSB KO / MK3 slugs, and i dont know how i did that either, but i was putting them on a wooden post at 130 or close yards, and factoring in the wind yesterday in,,,,,,, well i still dont get it, but i sure as hell am going to buy some more of those micro slugs CUZ damn o_O

O and not forgetting the new gongs / steel targets at various past 55 M distances, and the 75 M spinner, though with 10. 4 gr pellets, well you can hear you hit it and also see it, but if you blink it will have settled again.
Both 2 X 4 inch bottom pig and 1 X 2 inch chicken on top got slapped around real good. ( spinner made for HP .22 rimfire, so even a 16 grain slug aint spinning that one )

Also put up a BR50 paper today, but never intended to shoot it like its supposed to be shot, i just drilled the little targets as good as i could semi benched.

Collective i think me and my M8 made his field increase in mass with a couple of kilos.
Really need to get going on that pellet trap i keep muttering about.

10 grain pellets at 100 yards,,,,, you do miss a lot, but in the zone you can also get several in a row in on a 2 inch / 5 Cm target.
Hello @Peashooter

Wow, sounds like you have been one busy person shooting up the whole area. Hopefully you left a few leaves on some trees 😆

ThomasT

O yes, it is huge trees but i just trimmed some of the little stuff that will fall off in 1-3 shots.
Okay there also was one 1 - 1.5 inch branch i drilled real good in the same place, but it just will not budge, but next storm here will take care of that.

I have for sure found a new love for the pellets i have forsaken for many years, okay the long range stuff still a bit flaky, but when you miss 2-3 times and then on the next shot just take out the little 6 mm red dot on the target, well suddenly you feel like a million buks even of your little target are inside a cloud of misses and near misses.

Hello everyone,

Just messing around this morning shooting the Beeman 2028 and decided to try some different pellets. Shot 5 times at each target with Crosman Ultra Magnum 14.3gr. Did not shoot as well as the JSB and I will try others over the next week.

Range: Indoors at 15-Feet
Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber with Buck Rail AR Conversion
Scope: NoStar DOT RGB
Pellets: Crosman Domed Ultra Magnum 14.3gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: -0- mph

ThomasT

Beeman 2028 -111.jpg

Hello everyone,

Just messing around this morning shooting the Beeman 2028 and decided to try some different pellets. Shot 5 times at each target with Crosman Ultra Magnum 14.3gr. Did not shoot as well as the JSB and I will try others over the next week.

FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT

View attachment 489528
Not that bad
yes, it is a big difference from the 1 hole groupings with the JSB's, but not bad
good,cheap plinking fun

Hello everyone,

FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT

View attachment 489528
I find it really tough to find more consistent accurate pellets than JSB! Still a nice card Thomas 👍

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
I find it really tough to find more consistent accurate pellets than JSB! Still a nice card Thomas 👍
Hello @Ranchibi

You know it's funny that so many of my JSB pellets have damaged skirt, not just bent but missing areas, and yet out shoot other brands ??? These Crosman's looked perfect as I loaded them, a whole lot better than the JSB ???

I shot some 15.89 JSB this morning and they also had damaged skirts BUT out shot the 13.43gr that I have been shooting ???

Oh well, all part of the fun of owing a new gun :p

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello @Ranchibi

You know it's funny that so many of my JSB pellets have damaged skirt, not just bent but missing areas, and yet out shoot other brands ??? These Crosman's looked perfect as I loaded them, a whole lot better than the JSB ???

I shot some 15.89 JSB this morning and they also had damaged skirts BUT out shot the 13.43gr that I have been shooting ???

Oh well, all part of the fun of owing a new gun :p

ThomasT
Thomas, in my mind (which doesn't work as it should occasionally) JSB's soft lead is the reason for their accuracy even with damaged skirts. I feel they are so soft that the skirts expand when high pressure air hits them and then the skirts fill into the barrels lands, mostly negating said blemishes. My theory and I am sticking....😂🥳

Thomas, in my mind (which doesn't work as it should occasionally) JSB's soft lead is the reason for their accuracy even with damaged skirts. I feel they are so soft that the skirts expand when high pressure air hits them and then the skirts fill into the barrels lands, mostly negating said blemishes. My theory and I am sticking....😂🥳
I have read many that agree with you.

Hello everyone,

I was able to test four more different pellets with the Beeman 2028 today. It looks like #6 and #7 now need to be tested outdoors on my 10-Meter Range. The two low shots on #6 on the second row was because the Pistol was almost out of air and I failed to compensate for that, but did on the last shot. I was making scope adjustments on the top row so it’s not too pretty.

I have a lot more pellets to test to see what will go to the 10-Meter range for testing.

Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber with Buck Rail AR Conversion / from a bench
Pellets: see list above
FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT

Beeman 2028 -112.jpg

Hello everyone,

I was able to test four more different pellets with the Beeman 2028 today. It looks like #6 and #7 now need to be tested outdoors on my 10-Meter Range. The two low shots on #6 on the second row was because the Pistol was almost out of air and I failed to compensate for that, but did on the last shot. I was making scope adjustments on the top row so it’s not too pretty.

I have a lot more pellets to test to see what will go to the 10-Meter range for testing.

Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber with Buck Rail AR Conversion / from a bench
Pellets: see list above
FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT

View attachment 489575
Thomas, have you ever purchased any JSB RS 13.43 or 14.3gr .22 pellets? They are extremely accurate out of my Prod @ 650fps, very underrated pellets for lower power set ups. Use them mostly for sniping rats....👍

• Love
I have read many that agree with you.
Hello @Chief Ten-Beers

There must be some good reason and Randall's is as good as any :unsure: 😆:rolleyes:

The JSB Jumbo Monster Light 20.83gr that I just received, every pellet that I loaded had a bad skirt, but they shot good.

?? ThomasT ??

Thomas, have you ever purchased any JSB RS 13.43 or 14.3gr .22 pellets? They are extremely accurate out of my Prod @ 650fps, very underrated pellets for lower power set ups. Use them mostly for sniping rats....👍
Hey @Ranchibi

Yes on the 13.43 those are what I have been shooting and they are real good. No on the JSB 14.3.

I haven't even began to make any adjustments other than polish the bore. I want to get the thread adapter installed with the moderator before I make any changes. If I am to use this for squirrels, it will have to be with a moderator, it does have a loud bark with a naked barrel :oops:

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

Tried the new JSB Jumbo Monster Light 20.83gr with my Air Venturi Avenger .22 cal this morning. I first shot 10 rounds using JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr to set a standard. This is the pellet that I have been shooting.

Shot the bottom 15 targets with the new JSB and they are not as accurate.

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr and JSB Jumbo Monster Light 20.83gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 0 - 5 mph

ThomasT

AvengerW-115.jpg

Hello everyone,

Tried the new JSB Jumbo Monster Light 20.83gr with my Air Venturi Avenger .22 cal this morning. I first shot 10 rounds using JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr to set a standard. This is the pellet that I have been shooting.

FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT

View attachment 489785
Any difference in head size between the 2 JSB's?
had some hope for the new weight, having new dies and all
wondering if the 20.8 has a smaller head?
Good thing you had some 18.13's ;):LOL:

• Love
Any difference in head size between the 2 JSB's?
had some hope for the new weight, having new dies and all
wondering if the 20.8 has a smaller head?
Good thing you had some 18.13's ;):LOL:
Hello @manabeknives

Measuring several of each with a digital caliper the average on the new 20.83 was .2135" and on the original 18.13 was .2165". Here again that is for the Tins that I have open, other Tins might measure a bit different.

Mike of course this doesn't mean that the new pellet will not shoot great in another gun, it just did not shoot as well in my Avenger. I have the Brocock listed for sale so I am not shooting it now but I believe the new would shoot better in the BRK.

The 18.13gr shoot well it seems like every gun that I have tried 😆

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT

View attachment 489785
Great shooting Thomas! Maybe the Monster lights just need a tad more speed for better accuracy....?

• Love