What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

I finished my first 500 pellets with the new Atomic. That was FX 15.9gr. Cleaned the barrel after that.

I started the next 500 and those are Crosman Premier Domes. The right target are the Crosman, I think my first is a cheap date.

View attachment 490369
That's awesome your Atomics barrel likes affordable CPHP's! Luis's Brocock's all shoot CPHP's accurately also, that's a good thing 👍

That's awesome your Atomics barrel likes affordable CPHP's! Luis's Brocock's all shoot CPHP's accurately also, that's a good thing 👍
These are the domes. I plan on shooting a tin of CPHP after this tin
I have a bit of variety to try 😂

IMG_7733.jpeg

Hello everyone,

OK this is still way too much fun, especially when using a Pistol with all of the accessories added is only $500.00. I did miss the first shot a bit high but hit the other 3 on the outer edge and then carefully placed 5 shots in the center target. This is with a DOT Scope where the Dot is the size of the Bull Ring :D

I would have had a ball with this little dude back when I was 15 & 16 years old and hunting at night in the swamps on Moody Ranch. A friend and myself would hunt Nutria Rats almost all night long with 22LR’s and kill a pickup truck bed full. We would bring them ( the whole stinking animal ) back into town on Sunday afternoon and sell them for fifty-cents a piece for their pelts. Man add a Laser and a Flashlight on this and it would have been a hoot.

Range: Outdors at 10-Meters
Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber with Buck Rail AR Conversion / from a bench
Scope: Pinty 1*30 DOT Scope, 2-MOA
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 525
FPE: 11.1
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
Beeman 2028 -116.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

OK this is still way too much fun, especially when using a Pistol with all of the accessories added is only $500.00. I did miss the first shot a bit high but hit the other 3 on the outer edge and then carefully placed 5 shots in the center target. This is with a DOT Scope where the Dot is the size of the Bull Ring :D

I would have had a ball with this little dude back when I was 15 & 16 years old and hunting at night in the swamps on Moody Ranch. A friend and myself would hunt Nutria Rats almost all night long with 22LR’s and kill a pickup truck bed full. We would bring them ( the whole stinking animal ) back into town on Sunday afternoon and sell them for fifty-cents a piece for their pelts. Man add a Laser and a Flashlight on this and it would have been a hoot.

ThomasT
View attachment 490446
Thomas, great shooting especially with a red dot and fun story! Those nutria breed like wild fire!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Thomas, great shooting especially with a red dot and fun story! Those nutria breed like wild fire!
Hello @Ranchibi

Wild Fire in dry grass. They have 8 to 10 pups per litter and ready to breed in 4 months and this is year round. We would make a run and hunt all the oil field roads and then go bull frog hunting for about an hour. Then make another Nutria run, would do this from dark to sunup every weekend. We literally killed hundreds every year, but didn't put a dent in their population.

There is not enough money in the world to get me to do that now. That swamp was full of water moccasin snakes, what we called "stub-tailed moccasins", they were only 4 to 5 feet long but as big around as your arm. Huge big fat and vicious and very aggressive. Man I get the willies just remembering those things. We would wade out waist deep in the stock tanks with a head lamp to shoot the bull frogs, and guess what was swimming with the frogs ....... :oops:

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

Wild Fire in dry grass. They have 8 to 10 pups per litter and ready to breed in 4 months and this is year round. We would make a run and hunt all the oil field roads and then go bull frog hunting for about an hour. Then make another Nutria run, would do this from dark to sunup every weekend. We literally killed hundreds every year, but didn't put a dent in their population.

There is not enough money in the world to get me to do that now. That swamp was full of water moccasin snakes, what we called "stub-tailed moccasins", they were only 4 to 5 feet long but as big around as your arm. Huge big fat and vicious and very aggressive. Man I get the willies just remembering those things. We would wade out waist deep in the stock tanks with a head lamp to shoot the bull frogs, and guess what was swimming with the frogs ....... :oops:

ThomasT
Thomas, you are one brave man but I guess being young and having that much fun, that those chunky stubby moccasins didn't deter you guys! There had to have been a gazillion bullfrogs too! Now, at this age, I would be looking for knee high steel boots like the old jostling guys used to wear so I could get out and shoot nutria and bullfrogs....😂 ha ha!

Tried out a Tatsu on my Atomic combined with crosman pellets

I did high and low TP settings. I want to find a pellet that performs well at each. I have an invasive lizard issue and the low power is important to me. My first recorded distances is 10m since its easy for me to fit into a day. I plan on doing 25y testing on the weekends when time allows. I just hope the 10m helps me narrow it down.

The top left bull is the only one I shot a different amount at, all the rest are 5 high TP and 6 low TP.

First up is Crosman Domes straight from the tin.

Tried out a Tatsu on my Atomic combined with crosman pellets

I did high and low TP settings. I want to find a pellet that performs well at each. I have an invasive lizard issue and the low power is important to me. My first recorded distances is 10m since its easy for me to fit into a day. I plan on doing 25y testing on the weekends when time allows. I just hope the 10m helps me narrow it down.

The top left bull is the only one I shot a different amount at, all the rest are 5 high TP and 6 low TP.

First up is Crosman Domes straight from the tin.

I don't think you need to try too many more for accuracy! Will you be sniping anoles or iggies, both? That Tatsu looks great on your Atomic, short and quiet! I have a Tatsu on my JSAR Raptor, keeps is back yard friendly 👍

I was in the Exotics hobby for a long time....those Agamas used sell for about 100 bucks @ the reptile shows I used to attend....😂👍....iguanas and burmese pythons and others too! But...they are invasive and wreck havoc on native fauna so I truly understand Florida's and your dilemma! Have fun sniping those! Florida has pretty much the perfect climate for most tropical species to thrive really well as well as their food supply...

Hello everyone,

Shooting a Pistol with a DOT Scope at a Squirrel at 25-Yards is not something that I plan to do everyday. However it sure is nice to know that if I am faced with this situation that I have a pretty good chance to at least scare the heck out of the little dude :ROFLMAO: . With four out of five POI’s in a kill area I feel the odds are in my favor. Shot this target with the DOT Scope adjustments set for 10-meters and windage was dead on, I did aim about 2 inches high to adjust for elevation.

Range: Outdors at 25 - Yards

ThomasT

Beeman 2028 -117.jpg

Testing out the Atomic. I think I may need to clean the barrel. It shot well the first target at 25y, when I shot the scored target it was all over. It really left me scratching my head. The last was a re-zero for my new indoor location to pest from. 15.5y

This is Crosman Premier Domes straight from the tin.

Testing out the Atomic. I think I may need to clean the barrel. It shot well the first target at 25y, when I shot the scored target it was all over. It really left me scratching my head. The last was a re-zero for my new indoor location to pest from. 15.5y

Hello @Florida_Man

With all those high hits you may want to try some heavier pellets. If you have any JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr, zero your scope and give them a try.

ThomasT

Hello @Florida_Man

With all those high hits you may want to try some heavier pellets. If you have any JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr, zero your scope and give them a try.

ThomasT
I'm still breaking in the rifle. I shot 500 FX 15.9, I'm finishing a tin of CP Domes now, then onto the next tin of something.
I have a little bit of a system going and I'm keeping all the targets to analyze at the end :LOL:
All my variety will have their day in the barrel.

Crossman ammo is definitely more "dirty" than lets say JSB so barrels foul quite a bit faster with them! Have you polished your Atomics barrel? It might help give you more shots before fouling....

• Love
Hello everyone,

Removed the DOT Scope from the Beeman 2028 and installed the UTG Bug Buster and shot this target at 10-meters from a bench. Some fliers (maybe ) and some misses from me 🤪.

Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32

ThomasT
Beeman 2028 -118.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi