What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Well i am not going to be the one complaining about my Two. THB i dont get why more are not buying these.
Just saw My airgun range put up a new video with his Two, shooting cans out to 500 yards, though missing by a hair at 500.

But it would be nice to be able to shoot something a bit heavier for the i assume stronger wind bucking features of that, so i would be able to shoot more and at least maintain the same accuracy in higher winds or if i somehow became able to, longer distances.

But the 134 or so yards i have at the MAX, it still have room for improvement on the part of the happy go lucky .177 shooter

Next time i shoot groups out far, i am going to do like viking airgunner do, flip the paper around and make 5 little dots on the back, CUZ i can see holes in brighter colored paper at the MAX distance, well at least in the daytime.
I heard the Epics are somehow related to Taipan, not sure but they shoot similarly which is lights out consistent! I live about 20 minutes from EdgunWest who carries Epic's....I haven't gone because I would probably pick one up even though I don't NEED one...😂

I was shooting ARA Benchrest Unlimited targets at 25-Yards with my Avenger-X .177.

Rifle - Avenge-X PCP .177 (Base Model: Power Setting Low)

Class: PCP Air gun

Ammo: AA 10.3 Field Heavy Sorted to 10.2 Lubricated

Optic: Vortex Crossfire II 6 to 18

Front Rest: Bald Eagle Front Rest with Sinclair Bag Rider

Rear: Protektor #13 Rear Bag and Custom Bag Rider

Scored 1950 in .177 and 1925 scored .22

The weather was 88-degrees Fahrenheit with about 80% humidity. There was a slight 0 to 5 mph wind. It varied in direction but was largely a cross wind.

The rifle is stock, and there are no tweaks to the gun. The bottle started the day at full capacity. I took a couple of shots to sight in the rifle. The shots all remained on the regulator. Tank pressure started at just under 300 bar. The regular was about 1800 psi. Low Power Setting.

View attachment 493300

Hello @drpietrzak

Good shooting and a really neat video.

ThomasT

Reactions: drpietrzak
I was shooting ARA Benchrest Unlimited targets at 25-Yards with my Avenger-X .177.

Rifle - Avenge-X PCP .177 (Base Model: Power Setting Low)

Class: PCP Air gun

Ammo: AA 10.3 Field Heavy Sorted to 10.2 Lubricated

Optic: Vortex Crossfire II 6 to 18

Front Rest: Bald Eagle Front Rest with Sinclair Bag Rider

Rear: Protektor #13 Rear Bag and Custom Bag Rider

Scored 1950 in .177 and 1925 scored .22

The weather was 88-degrees Fahrenheit with about 80% humidity. There was a slight 0 to 5 mph wind. It varied in direction but was largely a cross wind.

The rifle is stock, and there are no tweaks to the gun. The bottle started the day at full capacity. I took a couple of shots to sight in the rifle. The shots all remained on the regulator. Tank pressure started at just under 300 bar. The regular was about 1800 psi. Low Power Setting.

View attachment 493300

shot by shot , wonderful ! , no words needed !

shot by shot , wonderful ! , no words needed !

Thanks! The videos are my journal. I have my working notes and things there. Pictures are often good notes for me as well. I started doing that when I was composing. I did recording on various devices or videos. Otherwise, I forget.

Hello everyone,

One of my warm up targets this morning showing that the 15.89gr pellets are not as consistent as the 18.13gr. Two of the five targets were one -hole, two others were POI’s touching POI’s but with a spread and the last target close to a one-hole but with one POI off center. However it is pretty hard not to be pleased with this accuracy.

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber w/ new low power settings
Scope: Vector 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo 15.89gr
FPS: 846
FPE: 25.25
Wind: 2 - 5 mph

ThomasT

AvengerW-117.jpg

Hello everyone,

One of my warm up targets this morning showing that the 15.89gr pellets are not as consistent as the 18.13gr. Two of the five targets were one -hole, two others were POI’s touching POI’s but with a spread and the last target close to a one-hole but with one POI off center. However it is pretty hard not to be pleased with this accuracy.

ThomasT

View attachment 493438
Excellent warn-up!!

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 493438
Thomas, wonderful card, and yes, the 18gr for some reason are tough to beat!

Last edited:
Thoams, wonderful card, and yes, the 18gr for some reason are tough to beat!
Hello @Ranchibi

Like I had said, pretty hard not to like the 15.89gr pellets. However there "was" a squirrel this afternoon that gained "exactly" 15.89gr and he was not pleased with how those pellets are shooting :ROFLMAO: 😁:D

ThomasT

Reactions: drpietrzak
Hello @Ranchibi

Like I had said, pretty hard not to like the 15.89gr pellets. However there "was" a squirrel this afternoon that gained "exactly" 15.89gr and he was not pleased with how those pellets are shooting :ROFLMAO: 😁:D

ThomasT
😂👍 it was a much needed JSB 15.89gr injection! Nice shot (no pun intended) Thomas!

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT
Zeroed the Atomic at 15.5y to be ready for any pests.
Kneeling on a bench and the rifle resting on a window bag
Top left was adjusting. The high right is two initial shots. If I can hit that 0.48” circle I know a pest is done. They were supposed to be .5” but the printer I used can’t do borderless.

IMG_8273.jpeg

Top left was adjusting. The high right is two initial shots. If I can hit that 0.48” circle I know a pest is done. They were supposed to be .5” but the printer I used can’t do borderless.

View attachment 493631
Florida-Man....not fair, any pest will have ZERO CHANCE with that accuracy! By the way, excellent shooting with your Atomic!

I heard the Epics are somehow related to Taipan, not sure but they shoot similarly which is lights out consistent! I live about 20 minutes from EdgunWest who carries Epic's....I haven't gone because I would probably pick one up even though I don't NEED one...😂
Those guys at ED gun sure do keep weird hours

View attachment 493631
Sweet accuracy on your Atomic!
Go bag some bounties .. Those invasives are in for it!!

Hello everyone,

Here is a new target that I have just completed and it was designed specifically for shooting Competition using a “DOT” style of scope. I have already added a pdf file to my list over on the other thread, but here is also a copy of the pdf file below.

I shot this target at 15-feet indoors this afternoon. This should be a lot of fun shooting the target multiple times and outdoors on the 10-Meter range.

Range: Indoors at 15-Feet
Pistol: Project - X
Scope: Pinty 1*30, Tube 38mm, Lens 30mm
FPS: 500
FPE: 8.82
Wind: 0 mph

ThomasT

PX-100.jpg

View attachment DOT Scope Competition Target.pdf

Hello everyone,

Here is a new target that I have just completed and it was designed specifically for shooting Competition using a “DOT” style of scope. I have already added a pdf file to my list over on the other thread, but here is also a copy of the pdf file below.

I shot this target at 15-feet indoors this afternoon. This should be a lot of fun shooting the target multiple times and outdoors on the 10-Meter range.

Pistol: Project - X
Scope: Pinty 1*30, Tube 38mm, Lens 30mm

ThomasT

View attachment 493817

View attachment 493818
H'mmm...Project-X....sounds like a mysterious phantom character, me likey!!! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Sent these four, five shot groups at 25 yards, BRK Pathfinder XR, TP on low, sending CPHPs, bipod front, fist as rear bag. All groups under a dime… The last shot? I ran out of pellets, single loaded for that fifth shot! Oh well, next time.🙈🇺🇸 I was trying to fill the circle on group one.
IMG_1734.jpeg

Sent these four, five shot groups at 25 yards, BRK Pathfinder XR, TP on low, sending CPHPs, bipod front, fist as rear bag. All groups under a dime… The last shot? I ran out of pellets, single loaded for that fifth shot! Oh well, next time.🙈🇺🇸 I was trying to fill the circle on group one.
View attachment 493880
Hello @L.Leon

Boy it's that dang ole last shot that will get you every time :ROFLMAO: . However the BRK grouped all of the rest very nicely (y)

ThomasT

Reactions: L.Leon
Hello everyone,

OK I did not know that I could have more fun shooting any gun more that I have had with the Beeman 2028, but this new gun is a whole lot more funner :D 😁:):p:LOL:

Could not shoot outdoors 10-Meters because of the rain and wind so I set up indoors and shot the new DOT Scope Competition target 5-times at each 10-Ring. Placed all 25 shots within the 10-Ring and got one, “One-Hole’er” as a bonus. How can you not have fun shooting a 15.89gr pellet at only 500fps down a short 11-1/4" barrel :unsure:;):)

Pistol: Project - X, Phase II
Scope: Pinty 1*30, Tube 38mm, Lens 30mm, 2 MOA

ThomasT
PX-101.jpg