What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Even though the N50 was just a practice card it’s one of my highest scores ever at 50Y. I have had the Prophet for several years and many guns have come and gone trying to best it but none have so far. It’s the most accurate rifle I own or have shot to date. I think I hit the barrel lottery with this one.
Hello again @igolfat8

You will never know but what would that N50 card look like had you been able to shoot it in calm wind condition.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Late start today with life chores getting in the way of my fun time. I believe that I rushed my shooting too much and just could not get in the zone. I did not even measure the groups because they were too large and crazy irregular in size and shape. Normally I get zeroed in shooting the Sighters within 2 to 4 shots, but after multiple shots at all five Sighters still no joy. Life ..... one morning I am shooting a Sharpe’s rifle and the next day I’m shooting a shotgun :oops: 🤫:confused::ROFLMAO:

ThomasT
Crosman 1701P.14.jpg

Hello everyone,

Late start today with life chores getting in the way of my fun time. I believe that I rushed my shooting too much and just could not get in the zone. I did not even measure the groups because they were too large and crazy irregular in size and shape. Normally I get zeroed in shooting the Sighters within 2 to 4 shots, but after multiple shots at all five Sighters still no joy. Life ..... one morning I am shooting a Sharpe’s rifle and the next day I’m shooting a shotgun :oops: 🤫:confused::ROFLMAO:

ThomasT
View attachment 391961
Think I'll try this target at 7 yards and see if my eye is still on! 😅🤣🫢

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
View attachment 391987
Well @ThomasT my hand is pretty shaky right now. But no excuses. I'll be ready for winter one hole challenge. This is 22 cal, by the way.
Hello again @rsfrid

Well Sheriff looks to me that you still have it (y) . .22 cal all in the black except for one, that's some good shoot-en.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
  • Haha
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

OK, to start with that junk in the Blue circle is an Ole Man being stupid o_O. I was trying to sight the scope at 10-meters but I had left the Air Striper on and I was almost out of air :(. After ALL 3 of my active brain cells begin to work I correct the problem. The Air Striper works great at 15-Feet but not as well at 10-Meters.

Also I should have used some new cardboard for the Target backing and the holes would have been a lot cleaner :oops:. With all these mental errors I was still able to shoot a Score of 192 out of a possible 200 with a Pistol, so I will take that :D

ThomasT
Crosman 1701P.15.jpg

Hello everyone,

Beautiful cool Fall morning and just perfect to shoot my new .22 cal rifle at some paper targets :D . Set this 10-Meter target out on my 25-Yard range to make it a bit more challenging. I used the heaviest .22 pellets that I have which are the JSB Exact Jumbo 15.89gr and I know they are a bit light but still did not do to badly. Shot a score of 243 out of a possible 250 and no excuse but still refining the zero with the scope and a brand new barrel, so I’ll take it. I will shoot a bunch more paper before the day is over.

ThomasT
AiracudaMax22.00.5a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: oledawg
Hello everyone,

Ran out of the 15.89gr pellets so I moved in to the 10-Meter range and shot two more targets. I accidentally picked up a 30-Yard Master Class target so I went ahead and re-named it and then shot a 198, too bad that wasn't at 30-yards :( .

Shot the Challenge Skill Target next at 10-Meters and only scored a 90. But the good news is that I have a LOT of room for improvement :ROFLMAO:

ThomasT
AiracudaMax22.00.6.jpg
AiracudaMax22.00.7.jpg

I am personally good about the two 5 shot groups i shot on Saturday, not least as they was in a row.
CUZ normally the FX maverick will not give me 10 shots in a row without shifting POI 1/2 - 1 " but this weekend something happened in the rifle, CUZ i have for sure shot this speed before with less satisfying results.

Also looking at them, on both groups guess which shot was the last one every god damn time :unsure:
Shooting .177 / 13 gr Zan slugs at 86 Meters / 94 yards at 2" splatter targets

Satday.jpg

Last edited: