What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Knocked the dust off the Revere. These little 10m bulls are not as easy as they seem haha working on my patience
10m indoor
Sightron 24x
Monster Redesign 177

View attachment 495230
I agree with you on "not as easy as they seem"
when i shoot the 100 targets ...it's easy to lose focus
Really need a tune that is consistent and decent pellets
grip too tight, and your heartbeat will bump it off target or you stiffen up
too loose, and you're sloppy
Nice Shooting

Reactions: Ranchibi
20240910_180012.jpg

50 yards .357 rattler this afternoon. 5 rounds each slug. Haven't shot this one much. Got more slugs to try this weekend.

Hello everyone,

Rain out side so I am shooting indoors this morning and messing around with some warm up targets. I received some new Maple Magazines for my .22 cal Custom PP-800 Pistol yesterday and wanted to give them a good try out. I have been single loading the pistol and taking my time shooting each shot trying to be as accurate as possible. Even though this is a bolt action pistol I decided to shoot this target “fast”, not as fast as possible but way faster than my normal comfort zone. All the cleaning, polishing and oiling on the bolt sure felt good and the new Mags worked perfectly.

Range: Indoors at 15-Feet
Pistol: .22Cal Custom PP-800
Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32
Pellets: JSB Jumbo 15.89gr
FPS: 500
FPE: 8.82
Benchrest: Front support Bag & rear support Bag
Wind: 0 mph

ThomasT

PX-107.jpg

Hello everyone,

Changed up this morning and shot the Avenger outdoors on the 10-Meter range.

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber w/ new low power settings
Scope: Vector 6-24x50 FFP
FPS: 846
FPE: 25.25
Wind: 5 - 10 mph

ThomasT

AvengerW-118.jpg

Hello everyone,

Changed up this morning and shot the Avenger outdoors on the 10-Meter range.

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber w/ new low power settings
Scope: Vector 6-24x50 FFP
FPS: 846
FPE: 25.25
Wind: 5 - 10 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 495590
Nice ! i need to do some targets , just looked at the radar of the storm and it looks to be splitting to the east and west of me ? straight south is clearing as of noon today ? The target gods are friendly for me (now if i can just influence the wind gods ?)

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Decided to shoot the Beeman 2028 indoors this afternoon. Install the Hawke scope instead of the Red Dot and made a few adjustments with the shoot.

Pistol: Beeman 2028, .22 caliber with Buck Rail AR Conversion, with the Moderator.
Scope: Hawke Vantage 2-7x32
FPS: 525
FPE: 11.1

ThomasT

Beeman 2028 -124.jpg

Again a very nice target ( must be the lake influence ? )
Hello @beerthief

I am about 800 feet from the lake shoreline but I can here the water splashing on the shore. The wind is blowing like crazy with this new front coming in, so I decided to shoot indoors :p .

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Rain out side so I am shooting indoors this morning and messing around with some warm up targets. I received some new Maple Magazines for my .22 cal Custom PP-800 Pistol yesterday and wanted to give them a good try out. I have been single loading the pistol and taking my time shooting each shot trying to be as accurate as possible. Even though this is a bolt action pistol I decided to shoot this target “fast”, not as fast as possible but way faster than my normal comfort zone. All the cleaning, polishing and oiling on the bolt sure felt good and the new Mags worked perfectly.

Pistol: .22Cal Custom PP-800
Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32
FPS: 500
FPE: 8.82
Benchrest: Front support Bag & rear support Bag

ThomasT

View attachment 495308
Thomas, looks like the barrel is seasoning well, great card!

• Love
Hello @beerthief

I am about 800 feet from the lake shoreline but I can here the water splashing on the shore. The wind is blowing like crazy with this new front coming in, so I decided to shoot indoors :p .

ThomasT
im shooting outside and actually waiting for the 10 to 14 MPH wind to start , probably another 20 minutes 30 ? i shoot straight south and the wind is from the SSE today

• Haha
Thomas, looks like the barrel is seasoning well, great card!
Hello @Ranchibi

Yes it is and these are the 15.89gr pellets, this gun shot the 18.13gr almost perfect from the start. I'm shooting the 15.89 in both pistols/carbines because I have so many of them 😁 .

ThomasT

Rain soaked day when I had time to shoot.
I just compared my new Notos to my Atomic from my office window pesting hide (in the A/C and out of the rain)
16.5y to the target.

Atomic and Athlon fix 10x top right 11rd mag is FX 15.9
Notos and Discovery fixed 6x bottom right 12rd mag FX 15.9

The Notos is lighter and not as stable from this window position as my Atomic, which explains the left to right

Bulls are 0.48”

IMG_8780.jpeg

The usual, but at 134 yards, and not at all easy, the Two was giving me grief not allowing me to have sufficient flat strings.
So with that attitude, well i turned into Evil scientist mode, and started to abuse the assisted velve in ways i dont think it is meant to be used.
But i got flatter strings too.

So with paper annihilated, and many holes added or enlarged on metal sheets down in the far corner.
Well as this air gunning is expensive, i figured i better get a job to buy me some ammo, and so Peashooters long distance pruning service are now operational.

So remembering the little 10 - 15 mm branch i trimmed a week or two ago at 134 yards.

Trim 2.jpg

Well i have started working on a bigger one, but as it is a fresh +1" branch, it aint keeling over just like that to 13 grain slugs traveling 134 yards before impact..
But its not going anywhere, and i intend to finish it off come Tuesday.

trim 1.jpg

Wedged in between target branch and another limb of the tree, my aim verification tile, CUZ when you can not see where you miss, and you will shooting .177 at 134 yards.
Well it is nice to once in a while verify that you are as much on the ball as one can expect, and at one time today for a few hours or 3, the wind was as usual giving me a hard time.

The usual, but at 134 yards, and not at all easy, the Two was giving me grief not allowing me to have sufficient flat strings.
So with that attitude, well i turned into Evil scientist mode, and started to abuse the assisted velve in ways i dont think it is meant to be used.
But i got flatter strings too.

So with paper annihilated, and many holes added or enlarged on metal sheets down in the far corner.
Well as this air gunning is expensive, i figured i better get a job to buy me some ammo, and so Peashooters long distance pruning service are now operational.

So remembering the little 10 - 15 mm branch i trimmed a week or two ago at 134 yards.

View attachment 496358

Well i have started working on a bigger one, but as it is a fresh +1" branch, it aint keeling over just like that to 13 grain slugs traveling 134 yards before impact..
But its not going anywhere, and i intend to finish it off come Tuesday.

View attachment 496359

Wedged in between target branch and another limb of the tree, my aim verification tile, CUZ when you can not see where you miss, and you will shooting .177 at 134 yards.
Well it is nice to once in a while verify that you are as much on the ball as one can expect, and at one time today for a few hours or 3, the wind was as usual giving me a hard time.
you have indeed inspired me to trim a few !. maybe i will get some metal pointed
Predators ?

When me and my M8 shoot branches, on something closer or he can not play along.
Well the rule is you can not trim longer than 1 " pieces of the branch, and of course this need to be old dry branches where a single hit will cut whatever clean off.

Also 2 shooting at the same fairly compact mess of targets, you do see in your scope what the other guy have of progress.
so if you leave the center " collum " who trim his side first.
Also the one that trim his side first get to change to the other side to " help" the other guy.
This have often lead to you just as you pull the trigger, your target is gone and your shot just grace the stump of what is left CUZ the other guy got there first.
This is probably the most funny part.

ATM charging REG gauge ( Sekmet ) CUZ it ran out yesterday, also need to charge chrono batteries, had to resort to alkaline AAA batteries yesterday, which my M8 fortunately have plenty off.
Will probably also do a ever so slight adjustment of my assisted valve in the Two

And clean the barrel, i have noticed a dirty CZ barrel have a negative effect on accuracy and also shot string

Last edited: