What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Shot early this morning just past daybreak at this fly, 3 pellets and 2 slugs with my RAW .22 20yds...darn fly was TOUGH...😂

View attachment 496943
draw some blinders on the fly's then they will not see the pellet coming . but they will hear it and make you miss anyway !

I tried off hand shooting for the first time with my bullshark, I need a lot more practice. Slugs sure cut clean holes in target paper

Outdoor 20y Standing unsupported
Stoeger Bullshark 177 in a P35 stock
Discovery 6x24AO
JSB KO 10gr @ 965 fps 21fpe

IMG_8889.jpeg

I tried off hand shooting for the first time with my bullshark, I need a lot more practice. Slugs sure cut clean holes in target paper

Discovery 6x24AO

View attachment 496970
off hand is tough !

Discovery 6x24AO

View attachment 496970
That card shot offhand is wonderful in my book! I am terrible at BEST shooting offhand and most of my shots at that distance would probably miss the target paper ENTIRELY! Tom here on GTA is a wonderful hunter with offhand shooting, he told me to slowly raise the rifle and once your crosshairs hit the intended targets POI, pull the trigger, it helped a lot but I need to practice a lot more!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
That card shot offhand is wonderful in my book! I am terrible at BEST shooting offhand and most of my shots at that distance would probably miss the target paper ENTIRELY! Tom here on GTA is a wonderful hunter with offhand shooting, he told me to slowly raise the rifle and once your crosshairs hit the intended targets POI, pull the trigger, it helped a lot but I need to practice a lot more!
I need to get back to my indoor 10m M853 practice. I was doing it regularly last year. I shot 3 position for about 25 years, but the rust has set in from my time off 😂

Hi all
Finally had some time to get to the range.
I really need the practice.
Took the Epoch out to 50yards and shot a match of 3 cards
not that bad. Need more practice and hopefully fewer errors
View attachment 497351
Hello @manabeknives

Those are three very well shot cards. I'm curious, did you shoot the targets as posted in the photo, sideways, or did you shoot them rotated 90 degrees?

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
rotated at 90 degrees ..i'll fix it
Hello @manabeknives

Mike they are OK like that, I was trying to see a pattern and was not sure if a miss was "high" or to the "left" :unsure: 😁(y)

That last card and bottom two rows you got "right" .

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

I have been tuning my Custom PP-800R .22cal Pistol to increase the shot count per fill. I have the count way up to over 40 but having problems to get the Regulator to work correctly. The magazine holds 7 shots and my goal is to be able to shoot a solid 4 mags, 28 total shots. I set up this target at 10-meters and filled the cylinder to 200-Bar ( 2900psi ) and shot the four mags and still had 155-Bars (2248psi ) remaining. However with the Regulator acting so erratic my POI’s were all over the place. Right now my total FPS deviation is 45FPS which is way too high. If I can get that down to under 10FPS I believe the accuracy will be great.

Range: Outoors at 10-Meters
Pistol: .22Cal Custom PP-800 R
Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32
Pellets: RWS Hobby Sport Line 11.9gr Wadcutter
FPS: 325
FPE:
Benchrest: Front support Bag & rear support Bag
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

PX-108.jpg

Reactions: Florida_Man
Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

I have been tuning my Custom PP-800R .22cal Pistol to increase the shot count per fill. I have the count way up to over 40 but having problems to get the Regulator to work correctly. The magazine holds 7 shots and my goal is to be able to shoot a solid 4 mags, 28 total shots. I set up this target at 10-meters and filled the cylinder to 200-Bar ( 2900psi ) and shot the four mags and still had 155-Bars (2248psi ) remaining. However with the Regulator acting so erratic my POI’s were all over the place. Right now my total FPS deviation is 45FPS which is way too high. If I can get that down to under 10FPS I believe the accuracy will be great.

Range: Outoors at 10-Meters
Pistol: .22Cal Custom PP-800 R
Scope: UTG Bug Buster 3-9x32
Pellets: RWS Hobby Sport Line 11.9gr Wadcutter
FPS: 325
FPE:
Benchrest: Front support Bag & rear support Bag
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 497471
Thomas, your regulator might need a higher PSI to work properly or maybe you need a lighter hammer spring in tandem with such a low tune....maybe the tune is too low?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Thomas, your regulator might need a higher PSI to work properly or maybe you need a lighter hammer spring in tandem with such a low tune....maybe the tune is too low?
Hello @Ranchibi

Randall the pistol is designed to be filled 200bar max. I have trimmed the hammer spring two coils. I have new OEM springs on order so I will install one and start back at zero. I also have some non-OEM on order and will play around with them also. With all that said, I believe it needs to be bumped up into the 400FPS range and I am now working on that angle. Maybe tomorrow I will have a paper target to post here 🙄

Thanks for the help and have a great day,
ThomasT - I'm NOT a gun smith :(

Reactions: rsfrid
i like reading about stuff like this ,BUT (there is that word again !) i really have no interest id doing it myself .

P.S. I would like to find a hands on tutor that i can drive to(4 hours one way ?) and change a spring in a D54 , i just recieved a OEM take out spring and i have a TX200 spring i would like to experiment with if it will fit.

Last edited:
i like reading about stuff like this ,BUT (there is that word again !) i really have no interest id doing it myself .

P.S. I would like to find a hands on tutor that i can drive to(4 hours one way ?) and change a spring in a D54 , i just recieved a OEM take out spring and i have a TX200 spring i would like to experiment with if it will fix .
Hello @beerthief

Well I am like you and hate working on air guns, except for the day to day cleaning, oiling and bore cleaning. I'm a shooter and every minute that I am messing with a repair or modification is a minute that I am not shooting :mad:. Unfortunately this is one of those cases if you want it done, you must do it yourself :)

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

Randall the pistol is designed to be filled 200bar max. I have trimmed the hammer spring two coils. I have new OEM springs on order so I will install one and start back at zero. I also have some non-OEM on order and will play around with them also. With all that said, I believe it needs to be bumped up into the 400FPS range and I am now working on that angle. Maybe tomorrow I will have a paper target to post here 🙄

Thanks for the help and have a great day,
ThomasT - I'm NOT a gun smith :(
Thomas, I am definitely NOT a gun smith either...😂👍! Under 400fps is a pretty low tune, I think my P17 is close to that! I do hope you get a tune that you want 👍

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT