What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

That's looks fantastic!
Your accuracy, and your rifle's accuracy looks spot on!
Looks like a relaxing place to shoot
Mike
Thanks,
That ammo had my hit percentages down so I put the paper up, to check my suspicion.
Also the gun sweats moving from the AC out doors, and I was thinking that was affecting the warm up shots which proved true as the flyers were prevalent in the early shots.
I really need to set up video so that I can monitor the shot sequence.

Hello everyone,

Early morning shooting paper targets and almost no wind.

Range: 10-Meters Outdoors
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger .22 caliber w/ new low power settings
Scope: Vector 6-24x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo 15.18gr
FPS: 536
FPE: 10.10
Benchrest: Rifle Rest
Wind: 2 - 5 mph

ThomasT
AvengerW-121.jpg

Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 501229
Perfect Thomas! Doesn't get any better!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
thought i would practice off hand (which i really suck at ) Looks like maybe in another few months of targets ??

View attachment 501280
Heck of a lot better than i can do
This is why i shoot bench ..lol
couple of weeks and you'll be in the black consistently
Mike

Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 501229
Looking Sweet!!

thought i would practice off hand (which i really suck at ) Looks like maybe in another few months of targets ??

View attachment 501280
beerthief....fantastic offhand shooting in my book 🤗! I definitely would have missed the whole paper target shooting offhand I am horrible at it!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Here are the results from those two days. No real shot count just shooting till dark approximately 50 rounds.

It was about twenty five clicks of elevation between these two pellets at 75y.
To re-zero my elevation I simply referred to a photo of my turrets, then I shot an X with my first shot. A fun start to the shoot.

20241002_184958.jpg

I can see why I had better percentages with the 13.73's.
The flyer high and right was done when I had brain malfunction and didn't remember where I I had been anchoring my left hand. I rested my fingers over the cheeks piece and shot that flyer.
I'm thinking that the upper strikes may be to much cheek weight, and to light of a cheek weld making the lower strikes?
Next time I will start with a click or two of left.
👍

Here are the results from those two days. No real shot count just shooting till dark approximately 50 rounds.

It was about twenty five clicks of elevation between these two pellets at 75y.
To re-zero my elevation I simply referred to a photo of my turrets, then I shot an X with my first shot. A fun start to the shoot.

View attachment 501292

I can see why I had better percentages with the 13.73's.
The flyer high and right was done when I had brain malfunction and didn't remember where I I had been anchoring my left hand. I rested my fingers over the cheeks piece and shot that flyer.
I'm thinking that the upper strikes may be to much cheek weight, and to light of a cheek weld making the lower strikes?
Next time I will start with a click or two of left.
👍
Fantastic 75yd shooting with your 97! As for springer holds...ya got me! Springers are a mythical creature...incredible and hard to understand to me.....

I am soo tempted to stop when i do that! :ROFLMAO:
What's worse is when i take a perfect sighter then mess up the follow-up
That's an awesome HW 97k
Thank you!
I did that on shot number two in this group and almost just quit, but I pushed on and got a .47 c to c at I think it was 72 yards at that time. That range is 75y now.
Whoops adding some info!
That group is 10 shots at 72 yards. The flyer is #2 literally 💩. Lol

The rifle is an FX Crown gen 2, .30 cal 600mm barrel, An Athelon scope, 6X24X50 FFP, 44.75 JSB Pellets.
20230602_190852.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you!
I did that on shot number two in this group and almost just quit, but I pushed on and got a .47 c to c at I think it was 72 yards at that time. That range is 75y now.
Whoops adding some info!
That group is 10 shots at 72 yards. The flyer is #2 literally 💩. Lol

The rifle is an FX Crown gen 2, .30 cal 600mm barrel, An Athelon scope, 6X24X50 FFP, 44.75 JSB Pellets.
View attachment 501296
Hello @.20calguy

That is excellent shooting at that yardage (y)

ThomasT